Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei V Thread

Posts 521 to 527 of 527

Matt_Barber

It's being branded as a definitive version of the game and only it is getting ported to other platforms, while the original remains Switch exclusive.

As such, I'd be very surprised if it's a completely different story using the same assets, as Apocalypse was. Most likely, it'll be an expanded version like P5 Royal. I'd also expect no upgrade path for existing owners and not even a way to import the save file, because that's what they did there.

Matt_Barber

JaxonH

@Kimyonaakuma
...will I buy it though? Probably

😆 Ya buddy we know. You're in good company. We're all gonna rebuy it lol

@Matt_Barber
It's a split in the story around half way in, and that split is a completely new campaign with roughly 80 hours in content.

The original campaign is still available to choose if you wish, but the Vengeance path will be the new campaign path this game brings.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Matt_Barber

Yeah, it sounds like a great package for those who didn't buy the original release.

Still, for those who did, it'd be nice to get an upgrade path and save file transfer so that it's possible to get stuck straight into the new content when it drops. Other developers do this, just not Atlus, and we are talking about a game that's only a little over two years old here, not a remaster from an entirely different generation of hardware.

Hopefully they'll prove me wrong but otherwise it'll probably go on my Steam wishlist to be picked up whenever there's a deep sale on.

Matt_Barber

Ralizah

Honestly, I'm just glad it's not exclusive. Can't wait to play this on my Steam Deck. SMT V always begged for stronger hardware.

Hopefully the story in Vengeance mode is less disjointed and underdeveloped as well.

SMT V is so good in so many ways. Maybe this is the chance it needs to shine.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Magician

Physical release confirmed for every platform (except the Switch) on the Official Atlus West account on X.

Edit: Physical release in Japan. Still waiting to see an ESRB cover.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dimjimmer

@Magician

Edited on by Dimjimmer

Dimjimmer

Magician

@Dimjimmer

Nice

I didn't see the reply on X because I'm not a member and I'm firewalled.

Now I'm wondering if there'll be a collector's edition.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic