Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,147

blindsquirrel

@TheBigBlue
Heck yeah we will!! Every Zelda game ported to switch or we riot!!

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

TheBigBlue

I just feel like we turned this thread into Chit Chat 2.0 for a bit

No regrets here

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

I'm really starting to think we may get a Direct in June.
Yes, I know E3 has been buried 6-feet under and Nintendo haven't held a non-E3 Summer Direct in ages, but this year feels....different. Literally the only 1st-Party release left that isn't just DLC left for 2023 that we're aware of is Pikmin 4....which comes out in just under two months time. I find it extremely unlikely that Nintendo hasn't got something for both Autumn AND Winter (with the only two things that currently occupy that slot being Pokemon and MAAAAAAAYBE Splatoon DLC) so something's gotta be in the works, right? As for what that something might be, I haven't got a clue (though I would put good money on it being somewhat related to Gamecube).

I'm not really too bothered by the lack of stuff on the horizon myself (got the aforementioned DLC's, Plucky Squire and Ghost Trick to tide me over for the rest of the year), I'm just perplexed by the sheer silence of it all, you know?

....I swear I didn't mean to will this into existence.

(personally I'm not believing anything until I see it but the timing of this coming out a couple of hours after me making this post is priceless XD)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

blindsquirrel

@Fizza
That’s kinda vague. Could be a direct, direct mini, or even a treehouse.

But still, your the resident insider now.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Okami1

Professor_Plumber wrote:

Side note, kinda related, watch this space later for a new project of mine...

Do you work for Nintendo? You gonna spill some tea?

dysgraphia awareness human

Bolt_Strike

Fizza wrote:

I'm really starting to think we may get a Direct in June.
Yes, I know E3 has been buried 6-feet under and Nintendo haven't held a non-E3 Summer Direct in ages, but this year feels....different. Literally the only 1st-Party release left that isn't just DLC left for 2023 that we're aware of is Pikmin 4....which comes out in just under two months time. I find it extremely unlikely that Nintendo hasn't got something for both Autumn AND Winter (with the only two things that currently occupy that slot being Pokemon and MAAAAAAAYBE Splatoon DLC) so something's gotta be in the works, right? As for what that something might be, I haven't got a clue (though I would put good money on it being somewhat related to Gamecube).

I'm not really too bothered by the lack of stuff on the horizon myself (got the aforementioned DLC's, Plucky Squire and Ghost Trick to tide me over for the rest of the year), I'm just perplexed by the sheer silence of it all, you know?

Nah, they've been giving us on the horizon stuff pretty much all generation (except 2020, which was the brunt of the pandemic). The lack of game announcements feels like it's because the Switch is winding down and they're holding back announcements for next gen. I don't think they have much to announce for the next year. Probably nothing in June, a handful of ports and remakes in September, and then next gen announcement in the Spring.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

If they wait till after Pikmin 4 to present a Direct, people are going to lose their minds waiting lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Chaotic_Neutral

GrailUK wrote:

Nintendo don't have to do anything radically different with their next console

This is the fun thing about Nintendo, they always Zag when you expect a Zig. The next console could be fully VR for all we know. Nintendo hardly ever builds in the previous console preferring to innovate.

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

TSR3

@GrailUK Nintendo's recent marketing hits have used the 'being quiet until the last minute' method (e.g. ToTK) or shadow drops (e.g. Metroid Prime Remastered). I think they're gonna carry on in the same style, hardore customers sanity be damned!

TSR3

GrailUK

@TSR3 It gets my vote. The only people it matters to are folk whose living is to make a video on any scrap of news they get off the internet...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

I feel we can eliminate a few weeks where a general Direct definitely won't happen:

• Week beginning June 5th - Geoff Keighley takes over gaming news for the week
  • Week beginning June 12th - Microsoft took the normal Direct slot for their Xbox Games Showcase Extended and also last year it was revealed that Microsoft did some deals preventing 3rd parties from announcing PS/Switch versions of some games announced in the Xbox showcase (e.g. the Persona ports).

So given the whole GCN Waluigi Stadium situation with Tour, it feels like either they're going to do a general Direct this week or they're not going to do a general Direct this summer instead choosing to do twitter drops and smaller Directs (e.g. Pikmin 4 Direct, Partner Showcase) where the next drop is MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Madao

@TheBigBlue Kotaku continuing to be a laughable website I see. That's like saying "Rumor: It will rain in Manchester again this year"

Madao

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic