Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 4,147

roostor

@NinChocolate i doubt cause the shortage of chips but i think it might happen if the shortage stops

chese

GrailUK

@FragRed I was wondering that, actually...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

TSR3

@SwitchForce sorry but it's fake. Nintendo Prime published it briefly, then pulled his video once he realised it was fake

Edited on by TSR3

TSR3

FragRed

@NeonPizza Nahhh this isn’t too far fetched enough so I’m sorry but I wouldn’t give your video a like.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TheBigBlue

I can’t believe it’s come to this (technically I can, it’s been a gruelling 4 years of this nonsense), where people fake having insider information on the next console and other dimwits parade it around as fact. The sad part is, all these people are so desperate to move away from the switch in favour of a new console. I get it. It’s been six years of the same thing. But people want the next console to be another switch?! What a waste of resources and money that would be for Nintendo. People in a few years are going to find a multitude of reasons as to why the switch’s successor sucks, and how they miss the original switch they used to have. What a joke. I’ll just show them the insane amount of news articles like IGN and Forbes that were b******* about the first switch. Seriously, this is pretty damn embarrassing.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

FishyS

@TheBigBlue The fake insider leaks are silly, but fundamentally a lot of people want the next console to be another Switch because that's just how many people love Switch. Gameboy advance was 'just another gameboy' (upgraded specs but same general functionality and back-compatible games) and that allowed the gameboy line to stay relevant for almost 2 decades.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

SwitchForce

@TheBigBlue

TheBigBlue wrote:

I can’t believe it’s come to this (technically I can, it’s been a gruelling 4 years of this nonsense), where people fake having insider information on the next console and other dimwits parade it around as fact.

This is the saddest posting I've ever seen. One would think some are smarter to know that Nintendo has to make New hardware regardless of what rumors or leaks or fake leaks are. It's sad one would think leaks are facts and one themselves would say so when no one really said leaks were Facts here. Nintendo has DevKits from 2022 or latest DevKits and that isn't something you do unless your making new or testing final new hardware. People with closed mindset rather then looking at the bigger picture missed why Nintendo has to upgrade it's hardware and as the YT said Nintendo has Patents in the works and you don't do that just to do Patent Troll unless you making something here.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

TheBigBlue

@Colonel_Mustache fair enough, ya believe it when ya see it

TheBigBlue

@Colonel_Mustache one would predict Sony would go from a ps4 to a ps5 easier I guess. With Nintendo, they are the definition of ‘never let ‘em know your next (console) move.’

skywake

Colonel_Mustache wrote:

I'll only believe the Dev-Kit theory if someone posts a picture of it....

To be fair, the Dev Kits are probably going to be SUPER uninteresting in pictures. They'll be boring boxes and more or less look identical to Switch dev Kits.

Eg this is what the 3DS Dev kit looked like:
https://vgleaks.com/3ds-dev-kit-pictures-a-curious-view/

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

FragRed

@skywake @Colonel_Mustache Think the PS5 dev kits are the only ones I’ve seen that don’t look like boxes.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

For the curious:
Switch developer hardware: https://www.lucklessheaven.com/nintendo-switch-developer-hard...
Wii U developer hardware: https://www.lucklessheaven.com/wii-u-developer-hardware
Wii developer hardware: https://www.lucklessheaven.com/wii-developer-hardware
Gamecube developer hardware: https://www.lucklessheaven.com/nintendo-gamecube-developer-ha...

As you can see, some of them look pretty similar to the final hardware. Some are similar externally except for different IO for the purposes of more easily transferring the code. The media you ship games hasn't historically been writable so these consoles look to be for testing. The actual "real" development units are often just metal boxes with ports on them

Edited on by skywake

SwitchForce

DevKits is just devkits to finalize software and hardware final testing. There's no way most devkits resemble final product ot hardware internals change in final product. But the mention of devkits were about in beginning 2022 tells alot. Only confirms new hardware in the works otherwise why would they expend capital for that. I doubt devkit developers will show what it looks like because maybe they signed Ninja NDA clause that's why no one has seen previous Switch devkits to this day.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

TheBigBlue

Uh, I don’t think it’s a secret that Nintendo has devkits in place for a new console. Any ‘leaker’ or more appropriately, ‘verified guesswork person online’ could have predicted a six year old console having a new one taking its place sometime soon. Or maybe that’s just me.

skywake

@SwitchForce
I mean I did literally post a link that has photos and detailed specs of both the testing and debug development kits for the Switch. As well as the development "docks". Also I think you've misunderstood the point of development kits. The reason they don't look like the final product isn't because the "specs change". It's because, well, there's no reason for them to look like the final product

I can't speak to game development specifically but I would imagine that the process would go something like this. You develop on a PC, you build your assets and get it to a certain working state on PC. You then compile it on your PC targeting the architecture of the console. That code you then transfer to a development kit, litterally copying it over the network via its LAN port.
Untitled
More stuff breaks, maybe you hit some performance bottlenecks, maybe you don't quite like how the game feels. But you can read the debug logs and see what went wrong. Make the changes, rebuild, transfer, run again. Rinse, repeat ad-nauseum. Eventually you get to the point where you're happy with your build so it gets handed over to testing

Testing would be looking at a different branch, presumably. They'd maybe get a daily or weekly semi-stable build. They'd go through and do some QA/QC/Play testing on some hardware that's basically the same as the actual hardware except for some logging mechanism and some way to easily load builds. They'd then write up issues that would go back to the dev team. And then that cycle would repeat

But yeah, NDAs and also people aren't going to know what a dev-kit looks like anyways. Even if you did take a picture of one it's kinda meaningless by itself. Odds are the "Switch 2" devkits look like the Switch devkits. Unless they've gone for some super exotic new form factor there's quite literally no reason for them not to.

I mean, look at the pic above. The regular Switch dev-kit comes with a Wii Classic Controller Pro, has no JoyCon rails and uses a Wii U AC adaptor for power. Does it look like the Switch shell? Sure, because it kinda is. But if you had shown someone that in 2016 they would have been mightily confused

Okami1

My Uncle works at Nintendo

dysgraphia awareness human

FragRed

@Owl1 My uncle is your uncle’s manager.

On another note @skywake I never knew dev kits were metal boxes. I don’t know why this surprises me so much because it does make sense now I think about it. I guess the whole PS5 pizza slice oven looking dev kit made me think otherwise.

SwitchForce

@skywake I know just thought i mention DevKits are just that - It would be a change if specs of DevKits made it to final hardware. Only could wish they give us that.

SwitchForce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic