Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 4,111

GrailUK

Switch speculation has some sort of weird affect on time. Normally, it progresses forward in a straight line getting nearer and nearer to an announcement but every now and again, it feels like it's going backwards and we are getting further away lol.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@TSR3 The ones around a reveal in September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SwitchForce

Here's the thing with custom Chipsets-you don't make it for no apparent reasons ok. There has to be a financial reason to do so and considering Nvidia every chipsets is money for them. So a T239 is more or less going end up in some Switch iterations is how I see it coming to NSW owner and new owners. No one here has explain why Nvidia would even fathom making a T239 chipset without some expected returns for this investment. Making GPU chipset is a shark infested tank and messing up would cost one dearly here in terms of investments and market shares if the GPU chipsets cause more issue then helping. As to backward compatibility you can software update or last case create a dedicate cart of the updates with 4k dlss updated on it. They have choices here and the System O/S can be updated so that if it's the 4K Switch the switch (pun) will use the higher 4k feature while the standard Switch will remain default. This is what a Desktop dedicated GPU does when not using 4K mode run in standard mode and when you game in 4K turns up the EyeCandy for those feature. So this can be done both GPU and Software to run and not run 4K DLSS setup. I don't expect 4K on portable mode that would kill the battery or just drain the battery dead as you turn it on. It's most likely be the Dock Mode this will get 4K DLSS option to run and the GPU and O/S and Software Update will take advantage of this mode to run 4K DLSS mode for improved gameplay. This doesn't mean when using in portable that there will be some return as graphics would most likely be more clear and improve gameplay in portable mode aka take Witcher 3 would most benefit from when in portable mode which I have yet to finish.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

FragRed

@GrailUK The Switch affect on time is what we call a Jeremy Bearimy.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Lol, what's that? First time I have heard it

skywake

@GrailUK @FragRed
The Good Place reference. "Normal world" time goes in a straight line, time outside of that is all... Jeremy Bearimy

Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GrailUK

@skywake Haha. That's my kind of daft!

Okami1

So when do we think we will see that "NEW" Nintendo Switch Ultimate XL+ Pro & Knuckles?

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

I hope it will be the Switch DX, then we can have an updated Mario Kart of MK8DDX or even MK8DXDX

Rambler

GrailUK

Earlier this year, Nintendo mentioned they have a concept for the next Mario Kart game with a new hook. Now give that a few years development and I would put money on it being a launch title for their next console (which I think is safe to assume will share much of the Switch philosophy whilst bringing something new to the table.) Maybe a Switch Pro model in the meantime possibly, and that's always next year, isn't it lol.

SwitchForce

I suspect it will launch with the BOTW2 release date - the v1 Switch released with BOTW announcing the coming of the Switch. I think that's their game plan. And I doubt they can delay the release date now that a date for BOTW2 has been announced.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

ProPAIN

I'm thinking that a new model will be announced late February or early March and released along Tears of the Kingdom on May 12th. It could be announced as part of the normal February direct, but I'm leaning on it being its own presentation.

ProPAIN

Grumblevolcano

My guess is still release with TotK on May 12th 2023 but I think the reveal will be in early March like the week after Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe launches. If Nintendo aims to sell 19 million Switch consoles in the current fiscal year (which ends March 31st 2023), they're not going to be announcing new hardware until the end given the hardware announcement would convince people to hold off buying the current Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Rambler Ah but you forget about that dot.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Okami1

SwitchForce wrote:

I suspect it will launch with the BOTW2 release date - the v1 Switch released with BOTW announcing the coming of the Switch. I think that's their game plan. And I doubt they can delay the release date now that a date for BOTW2 has been announced.

So they'll reveal it in December peak holiday season in the middle of everyone buying Switches and games.

The Game Awards is a decent bet for a trailer but I think Nintendo will do a solo trailer like the lite and OLED.

Edited on by Okami1

skywake

SwitchForce wrote:

It could well be although the timing doesn't quite line up exactly for them to repeat it to the letter. The Switch reveal was late October for a March launch. TotK is May and we're already in mid November. Also if you subtract the same number of days between Switch reveal and BotW from the TotK date? You get December 29th which..... doesn't really work

With that said, the Wii U/3DS -> Switch transition was a HUGE upheaval and one of those was also a transition from what was more or less already a dead platform. I'm sticking to my guns and saying that the Switch -> ??? transition will be MUCH softer. Closer to GB -> GBC than N64 -> GC in terms of how necessary the upgrade is for fans and how much people who do make the jump will have to buy new accessories/games to enjoy their new toy. And if that's the case? The lead time and how tied the launch is to new software doesn't really matter as much

What I mean by that is, if at the extreme end what comes after the Switch requires entirely new cartridges and is not compatible with Switch games or accessories at all? It needs to be appealing entirely in isolation AND it also needs to be able to justify the additional cost of new controllers etc. Eg those people who are only into a couple of major first party titles, Mario Kart/Smash/Animal Crossing. If we're starting from scratch what are the odds any of those games are there on day 1? What are the odds they're all there?

At the other extreme? Switch Pro. Not only would all existing titles and all current accessories be compatible but also a fair number of titles could run better with zero intervention. Not only is the bar to entry lower (no accessories on day 1, no need for buying games even) but there's also this huge library already. It's no longer "buy TotK on day 1 on Switch 2 rather than Switch", it's "buy TotK now on Switch and maybe upgrade to a Switch Pro later and get HDR and higher framerates". Of course even in this scenario tying to a game launch and having a bunch of titles to show off the new hardware helps..... but it's not a requirement for a compelling reason to buy into it

My gut feeling? If it's more like the Pro it could be as early as March next year. It could really be almost any time although it's not going to be this year at this stage obviously. If it's more of a Switch 2? I feel it's almost getting to be too late for even making TotK at this point. A Switch 2 I wouldn't expect any earlier than August next year and my gut says something more like November/December giving TotK enough breathing space and also giving them enough time to sell the launch library

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Okami1

@skywake Everything you just said is what I wanted to write. I agree with it all.

Okami1

@Eagly Minecraft is always among us

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic