Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,622

johnvboy

Another day with no Switch Pro reveal, or a mid generation revision, which is far more likely.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My AC:NH Island: Evietania
Switch Username: Johnvboy

Switch Friend Code SW-8223-9981-3607

Balta666

@Grumblevolcano I understand that (even though weshould wait for a new trailer to judge it more accurately as that could have been a earlier build from last year even) however they can give is a new trailer regardless of announcing the upgrade

Balta666

johnvboy

@Grumblevolcano,

We do not know at what state of development the reveal footage came from, I am assuming things will naturally improve, but with Pokemon and it's main audience not all that bothered with visuals, they may just release it like that.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Grumblevolcano

@johnvboy Framerate was the rough factor, not the visuals. Reminded me of Hyrule Warriors Legends on original 3DS.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

johnvboy

@Grumblevolcano,

Tough to judge from an initial reveal trailer, I quite liked the art style just needed polishing up a bit, pretty sure the frame rate can be improved.

GrailUK

Is 8nm good?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MarioBrickLayer

I have only been half following this thread since E3, but I don't think it was acknowledged that the original "leak" was 50% right, we did get a metroid game!

MarioBrickLayer

Balta666

@MarioBrickLayer not sure whom you mean by the original leak but the Metroid has been rumoured for more than an year at this point

Balta666

MarioBrickLayer

@Balta666 All the industry commentators who were talking about this (Emily Rogers, Nate The Hate etc) talked about the Pro and Metroid both coming this year. So their sources are already half right.

MarioBrickLayer

Balta666

@MarioBrickLayer to be fair Nate until pre E3 allways said coming next year and only after the E3 rumours changed to the holiday and I believe Emily allways said just it is coming soon but never said definitely this year

Balta666

skywake

GrailUK wrote:

Is 8nm good?

In a nutshell:
Tighter process -> more transistors in a given area -> less power draw per transistor
lower power draw -> less heat -> higher performance

~7nm is basically the smallest process ATM, it also happens to be what the PS5 is on. The original Switch was on 20nm, the 2019 refresh was on 16nm. Nvidia only goes down to 8nm currently AFAIK? So 8nm would be basically the smallest process you could get from Nvidia. Basically it just means it's a modern part rather than something that's been kicking around for a bit.

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GrailUK

@skywake Oh. It sounds like quite an upgrade.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Balta666

@skywake that sounds expensive aka not something Nintendo would go for... But I don't know that guy that is talking about it or its track record

Balta666

sixrings

@Balta666 but how isn’t that giving too much credit to Nate. I mean why didn’t he just stick to his original idea of 2022. It sure seemed like a rumour came out and Nate piggybacked it. And now it turns out wrong.

sixrings

sixrings

@skywake if it’s this much of an upgrade are we sure it’s not just a switch 2. I mean 2022 is five years since the switch came out.

sixrings

Anti-Matter

I wish upgraded Nintendo Switch has stronger analog buttons like Wii U.
Current analog buttons for Nintendo Switch are not good for playing Street Fighter by inputting half or quarter circle commands.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TSR3

@skywake Apple's A14 and M1 chips, in the latest iPhones and Macs, are produced on TSMCs 5nm process. Also while Nvidia's RTX 3000 series GPUs are produced by Samsung at 8nm, their equivalent Ampere based A100 series processors for HPC are also produced by TSMC at 7nm.
So the 8nm process is interesting as that's Samsung's, and they are already lined up to produce the 'Switch Pro' OLED screens.
I'm really sceptical about kopite7kimi rumours on Twitter. I've read through his posts and he's been referring to Lovelace, which is Nvidia's follow up to Ampere (i.e. their current gen of GPUs). I think it's really far-fetched to think Nintendo would be that bleeding edge. Unless @Slowdive has other rumours/references to support this.

TSR3

Balta666

@sixrings I am not giving him credit. I take all I hear as rumours and go with it. It is not gospel. Also I am not looking to debunk things as wrong as many times things change (others are just wrong). In the end it is just videogames we are talking about...

Balta666

Balta666

sixrings wrote:

@skywake if it’s this much of an upgrade are we sure it’s not just a switch 2. I mean 2022 is five years since the switch came out.

I agree with this. That chip revision looks like a new system to me (however in that case I do not see it being released earlier than 2023 to get the price to more competitive numbers)

Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic