Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 3,121 to 3,133 of 3,133

Kirby_EU

Which starter pokemon is the best choice in a pokemon sword since I can't decide which one to choose

Kirby_EU

Snatcher

I'm not a good pokemon player whatsoever but. Scorbunny is good for the early gems, and will get you through a lot of this games gems, Water will help you out with like one gem, and The monkey is just in my opinion the worst for story mode, Have no idea outside of it, so ya I would go with ScorBunny.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@Kirby_EU
Water type.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

rallydefault

@Kirby_EU
I hadn't played through a full Pokemon game since Red/Blue, and I went with Scorbunny and had a pretty easy time.

rallydefault

Eel

Grookey is best starter

Grookey is cutest starter

Grookey

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarkRula

To be honest, you choose Grookey just so Leon has two fire types on his team, meaning one less type you have to worry about preparing for.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Maximumbeans

What are people's opinions on these games now that all the dust has long settled from the controversies? Worth getting or no? I haven't bought into Gen 8 yet but there's never been a Poke Gen I've hated, ever.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Snatcher

@Maximumbeans Legends is next year, the remakes are coming is a few months, I would wait.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Maximumbeans

@Snatcher Strong point - I think you're right. Cheers.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

rallydefault

@Maximumbeans
I think they're fun to play through, but I wouldn't get into them now in terms of competitive with the other games so close on the horizon.

rallydefault

Varkster

Haven't played Pokemon since Emerald and decided to give Sword a real shot, so far it's very addictive and relaxing. Good break from Dread.

Wondering if people would recommend the expansion pass if I enjoy the game — is there a lot of worthwhile content? I already saw that over 200 new Pokemon are added. Also, in order to collect as many Pokemon as I can should I invest into one of the Let's Go games or should I just wait for the remakes coming soon and Arceus??

Keep in mind I'm less interested in Let's Go's type of gameplay as opposed to traditional Pokemon, so I'm really, REALLY unsure if I should spend money on the game. It's still full price in Australia, I believe.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

icanthink

Hey can anyone trade a different language ditto, I have multiple different Pokemon to discuss trading

Edited on by icanthink

icanthink

Pizzamorg

Cleared all 8 gyms yesterday, took me close to about 30 hours but it never felt that long. This game is so enjoyable and addictive, those 30 hours went by in the blink of an eye.

Looking at it as a whole though, I think the gym journey in Shield (I can’t speak for Sword, which I understand has two different gyms?) is a fun, but pretty uneven experience, overall.

First, the gym challenges. Some are really fun and imaginative. Some less so, but have either a thematic or narrative purpose for the story of the gym leader/the gym/location whatever but some just felt like they had no clue what to do, so they didn’t try at all. As a result, I actually forgot about most of the gym challenges pretty much as soon as I did them. There are only really a couple which really stand out, but some I’d have a hard time telling you what I even had to do, despite only doing them over the last couple of days.

In terms of the gyms themselves, I only lost to one leader, the Ghost boy but beat him on the second try, after doing the only real serious grinding I had to do during the whole journey (I say that as a good thing, not a negative). There were a few occasions where I had to rebuild my team, but I never had to grind in the same way again. I also came pretty close to going down to Piers, too.

I did blow out a couple of early gyms due to type advantages (I went for the grass starter and it is kind of remarkable as to the amount of gyms that gives you a big advantage. Especially as Leon gave me this item that boosted grass moves really early in the game), but for one reason or another I rarely seemed to have any serious type advantage or disadvantage during a lot of the gyms. Maybe one Pokemon with one move, but I’d often have to let that Pokemon go down to avoid a momentum swing in the opposite direction, then it was just a neutral battle which usually led to pretty close battles where I’d just about come out on top by the end. This is why the final gym leader was so disappointing to me, I again had no real type advantage or disadvantage, but even under neutral territory, I ended up beating him pretty easily. Oh and the Dynamax closers for each of the battles are just awesome. Maybe it’s just a cheap novelty, but I found it such an epic way to close out each gym.

Some people say these games are too easy, but the difficulty felt just right to me, overall. But I would say a lot of the gym battles were fairly forgettable, overall, much like the challenges were too. Again, if you were to ask me the team comps of some of the leaders or individual Pokemon that seemed like mountains to overcome, I think I’d have a hard time telling you despite doing it over the last few days. They were close battles, but I cleared them and it usually didn’t seem long until I was in front of another leader again and the last one is forgotten.

I will say I remember the gyms in the older games being much, much, harder with more complex puzzles to solve and more iconic teams for the leaders, but I wonder if I went back if that is really true or if whether it was just because I was playing these games from when I was like 6 years old.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Shin Megami Tensei V. Pokemon Shield.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Life is Strange: True Colors.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic