Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 3,101 to 3,117 of 3,117

Minskin

Eel wrote:

Apparently the Crown Tundra contains information for a few mythical pokemon encounters.

Though nobody really knows how to find them.

I've already found several playing the new mini game otherwise IDK what you mean. There's a plenty of YouTube videos explaining what to do or where to find them, but my original problem was not being able to start the quest because Sonia wouldn't/didn't appear.

Minskin

DarthNocturnal

@Minskin

What Pokemon is that? I'm not aware of any such scenario. Unless you mean needing all Regis for Regigigas.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Minskin

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Minskin

What Pokemon is that? I'm not aware of any such scenario. Unless you mean needing all Regis for Regigigas.

There's a lone grave stone which you need to interact with. After that you have to go online & interact with 32 other players which then summons the single Pokémon.

Minskin

Minskin

I have both Sword & Shield on 2 separate Switch devices. I can summon that particular Pokémon you mentioned by trading with myself.

I've already spent enough money without being forced to pay an additional cost just to connect to other players online so I can summon 1 Pokémon =|

Minskin

DarthNocturnal

@Minskin

Oh so that's what that is for. Well... guess it's nice to know, but I can understand your frustration.

If you haven't used it already, you could start a trial of NSO, obtain the mon, then let it lapse.

Minskin

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Minskin

Oh so that's what that is for. Well... guess it's nice to know, but I can understand your frustration.

If you haven't used it already, you could start a trial of NSO, obtain the mon, then let it lapse.

IDK what NSO is but I can't obtain the Pokémon because it can only be summoned after interacting with 32 other players online which I have to pay for. Paying for 1 Pokémon just to complete the dex, no chance. IDK what you means about "let it lapse" either.

It's scummy of Game Freak to do that, but it makes me wonder if Nintendo had something to do with it. Really shows what they must think of their customers/fans.

Minskin

Eel

@Minskin mythical pokemon are things like Keldeo, Victini, Celebi, etc, the pokemon you usually get via events. Not just plain legendary pokemon.

Keldeo is a confirmed encounter in the Crown Tundra for example, but appantly there's data for others that hasn't been activated yet.

About Spiritomb, that's simply the traditional method to obtain it, even back then in Pokemon Diamond and Parl, you had to interact with other players in the mines for it to appear.

You don't need to pay for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO), since you can also play locally to trigger the event. If you don't have people locally, then an option would be to use the free NSO trial period to play online.

To "let it lapse" means to use the trial and then cancel it so it doesn't renew automatically.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SViper

Minskin wrote:

I don't have the online subscription so I can't complete the Pokédex. Forcing people to pay money just to summon a single Pokémon is scummy of Game Freak to do.

Go to My Nintendo where you can get 7 days Nintendo Switch Online for 0 Platinum Coins in other words for free. The offer will be available until November 3rd 10 AM EET. And My Nintendo does this from time to time, so.

Edited on by SViper

SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Minskin

Eel wrote:

@Minskin mythical pokemon are things like Keldeo, Victini, Celebi, etc, the pokemon you usually get via events. Not just plain legendary pokemon.

Keldeo is a confirmed encounter in the Crown Tundra for example, but appantly there's data for others that hasn't been activated yet.

About Spiritomb, that's simply the traditional method to obtain it, even back then in Pokemon Diamond and Parl, you had to interact with other players in the mines for it to appear.

You don't need to pay for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO), since you can also play locally to trigger the event. If you don't have people locally, then an option would be to use the free NSO trial period to play online.

To "let it lapse" means to use the trial and then cancel it so it doesn't renew automatically.

Victini can be imported through Pokémon Home, according to YouTube.

I didn't know that about Spiritomb, but the way I see it is that I'm basically paying money for a Pokémon. I tried local but unfortunately it didn't work so felt forced to pay for the subscription just to complete the pokédex.

Appreciate all the info & I did exactly what you & SViper suggested & used the free trial. I caught Spiritbomb so thank you!

Minskin

Wolfy10

Can anyone please help me by sending me a foreign language ditto I live in America and my link code is 10001910

Wolfy10

Snatcher

@Wolfy10 You can look up a trade code for trading dittos only so if you keep using that you will fined a foren ditto.

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

Northwind

PSA: Zarude will be available in the US via the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter.

Proof: Untitled (I’m p sure Gyazo doesn’t work with NL’s bulletin board code, so that might have to be clicked manually.)

EDIT (try number 2): PSA: Will be available in the US via the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter.

Proof: https://i.gyazo.com/d68114829dc123075b15162170aed9e5

Edited on by Northwind

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

Oh goody. The newsletter I don't receive for some reason, despite the fact that I have opted in. Yay...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Eel

Ah cool, that's great! I did receive the newsletter today saying the code will be given out on the next one.

I usually miss these because they love giving them away via physical game stores or by visiting specific places... Which are usually like at least 400km away from me.

So yay.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic