Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 1,081 to 1,097 of 1,097

XandertheWise

Can you do trade evolutions by yourself by doing offline local trade if you have another Switch Lite and along with Pokemon Shield or at least Pokemon Shining Pearl?

or can you only do the Home thingy which is a bummer because that method wont let you trade evolve certain pokey like the Kadabras and the Machamps?

XandertheWise

blindsquirrel

At what point in the game do you get Riolu/ Lucario? I would like to use it on my team but don’t know how late game it is.

Also can you transfer Pokémon from Arceus in the main story? Wanting to use Jolteon but I know you can’t catch Evee until the national dex is unlocked.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Yeah, it’s kinda like when I first got into Zelda games. Took me months to get out of that phase. Now I play those games a couple times per year.

blindsquirrel

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I kinda go in phases with games. I play one type of game or series for a month or two then move on. At the very least, I save money on games since I replay them so much.

ElRoberico

I started playing this over the weekend, and yikes, these are rough. It feels like they wrapped up the DS original in a 3D skin and published it. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price. I didn't expect much, but this is somehow worse.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

ElRoberico

@TowaHerschel7 it seems less polished than Link's Awakening HD. If it looked that good, I think I could stomach it.

Maybe playing this after seeing both Legends and SV didn't help matters. I blame my backlog.

Eel

Eh the only thing I don’t quite enjoy is the way the character moves, it makes it hard to move around in some places, because they get stuck in corners and seem to be magnetically attracted to those annoying little cliffs that make the character jump down.

But they’re pretty much just the DS games with 3D graphics in almost every other aspect, and that’s fine with me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ElRoberico

@Eel I completely forgot the 8-point movement. It's not awful with a D-pad, but it's so off on the sticks.

I do like what I've played. It just feels a bit too much like a blast from the past.

cordova94

Confession: I just discovered Pokemon recently.......my son was mostly responsible but I finished Sword and am now doing the post-game stuff but we picked up a copy of Shining Pearl so I'm about to dive in....so I'm with you @blindsqarel......I'll be immersed for months and then I will abandon it for a time......this seems to be my MO.

I really loved Sword......how is Shining Pearl, similar kind of setup?

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

cordova94

@Eel well I didn't grow up a hardcore gamer (it came and went) so I love how everything feels new in some respects but there is also a nostalgia factor because I can remember 8-bit and 16-bit gaming well.....this is probably also why I have no complaints about Switch performance.......I never played anything outside of Nintendo and I skipped several console generations so it feels really advanced to me......hahaha I'm not hard to please. I heard the underground area in Shining Pearl is really cool.

But I do hope I find some Alolan Pokemon in there......my son got hooked via the Sun and Moon shows so I'm also rather attached to that generation.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Eel

@cordova94 it’s a bit sad but this game doesn’t include any Pokémon or Pokémon forms that were not in the original Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum games in the DS (so the Alolan forms are not present).

If you get the chance of playing Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu, or Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee, those are also remakes (of Pokémon Yellow on the Game Boy). The Pokédex there is also limited to what could be caught in the original game, but the Alolan forms of the Pokémon can be obtained in them. (And also mega evolutions!)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

sunny63

I got this from the library, literally just for Darkrai (And a Turtwig because finding them in Legends is stupidly hard and I refuse to use guides). I can't say I liked it and probably won't continue it anytime.

sunny63

AshleyGamer1995

I look forward to getting these games... I mean Brilliant Diamond for me. I played the original Diamond game on DS in 2013, finished it to the end, and it was pretty good. Bet the Sinnoh region will look more alive in these remakes. I also can't wait to battle Cynthia again, she is one of my best favourites among many other Trainers.

My favourite games: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokémon, SSB, Sonic, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Pepsiman, Elder Scrolls, Turok, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, and various others.

My banner picture: "PokéFavourites" HD fanart by Hakunaro on Fur Affinity, 2020.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic