Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch 2020 Predictions Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

iKhan

I think our 2019 is pretty clearly set at this point, and it's never too early to start making predictions!

So how do you think 2020 is going to shake up? With Retro's mysterious game finally be revealed? Will Pikmin 4 finally appear?

Here are my predictions:
This year has actually been pretty busy, so I suspect 2020 will be a bit quiet save for Bayonetta and Zelda. Metroid effectively started development at the beginning of this year, and my gut tells me that it's going to take Retro at least 4 years to make this game, so I'm not expecting anything at E3. We are due for a Mario Golf game and a Mario & Luigi game. Plus Camelot is due for a new game, it might be Golden Sun, but that's highly doubtful. Nintendo's Mario Kart/ARMS team is due for a game, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's sales haven't slowed down to any degree that would make me think Nintendo would want to make a new Mario Kart yet, so I think ARMS 2 is the most likely given that ARMS sold pretty well, but has been pretty quiet in sales for a while now, also because Nintendo needs another online game for 2020. EAD Tokyo will also be due for a game, but I can't see 3D Mario coming out in the same year as Zelda again. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Dec 2019: BOTW 2 trailer is shown, 2020 release date is given
February: Some small eShop game by NST (I could be wrong on this, NST hasn't made a new game since 2016, it's possible, but highly unlikely Nintendo is giving them their autonomy back and letting them make something bigger)
March: Animal Crossing
April: New Labo kit, Xenoblade Chronicles X port
May: Mario Golf Switch
June: E3, nope, no Metroid
July: Megaman Legends 3 (Based on the GameInformer rumor that Nintendo is bringing back a very officially cancelled game)
August: Pikmin 3 port, ARMS 2
September: TOWN, Mario & Luigi Switch
October: Bayonetta 3, Pushmo Switch
November: Zelda: BOTW 2, No More Heroes 3

Edit: Added ARMS 2

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Heavyarms55

We know we are getting Animal Crossing in March, after how big of a let down it was when they delayed it, I can't seem them changing the release date again.

I think in 2020 we will get the last of the Wii U ports/conversions. Both HD Zelda titles, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Xenoblade X, Mario 3D world - and I think Mario 3D World will have a few new levels tacked on. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Pikmin 3 are also both possibles.

I think we'll get a full trailer for BotW 2 at E3 and it will be releases in either fall or winter. I think we'll get a release window for Metriod Prime 4, which will be summer 2021. I suspect a Switch Pro announcement around the same time next year, that we got the Switch Lite announcement this year, and the Pro will release in late fall.

Pokemon will not release a new game next year, instead Pokemon "Gun" will be a DLC pack that will also get a stand alone release - Xenoblade Torna style. Released in the traditional November slot.

I expect announcements and possible releases of new: Paper Mario or Mario&Luigi(not both), some big 3rd party title that Nintendo will push too, more PS360 ports, a dumbed down dissapointing version of either Call of Duty or Battlefield - because neither Activision nor EA are willing the put their best foot forward), at least one new IP too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

iKhan

I think we'll get a release window for Metriod Prime 4, which will be summer 2021.

You think Retro can make Metroid Prime 4 in 2 years?

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Paper Mario

The ONLY reason I didn't list this in my predictions is that with the scope of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I'm fairly confident most hands were on deck at Intelligent Systems, so it's unlikely they have had a large enough team to develop a new Paper Mario game by next year. I suppose it's possible to see an announcement, but it seems like something they'd announce the same year it comes out.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Heavyarms55

@iKhan Even thought they said they were totally remaking MP4 from the ground up, I honestly don't think they meant that entirely literally. And yes, I do think they could get it down by summer 2021. Retro isn't some small indie company with a staff of 5 people.

That's a valid point about Paper Mario, but has every entry in the series been done by them? I didn't realize that.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ALinkttPresent

Koei Tecmo assisted in the development of Fire Emblem Three Houses. This was possibly due to the fact that Intelligent Systems' resources were split.

ALinkttPresent

Toy_Link

Paper Mario Sticker Star was released in 2012, the same year as FE:Awakening and Color Splash came in between Fates and Echos. So, it’s not impossible that Intelligent Systems could be developing both a PM and FE, especially with Koei Tecmo’s development involvement with Three Houses.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

kkslider5552000

Announced and released: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, Megaman 12, Kirby spinoff title (Air Ride 2 or GTFO), new IP (slightly more ambitious than Arms), Rare Replay port, GTA 5 port, Fallout something port, Bioshock Collection port, Soul Calibur 2 HD port, Ninja Gaiden collection, Snipperclip devs' next game as Nintendo IP, Bravely Third, Mercury Steam new Metroid, Mario Odyssey 2
Released: Mario Golf Slice, Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Wonderful 101 port, Town
Announced: Mario + Rabbids 2, something Paper Mario, Overwatch port with new content that's a blatant preview for Overwatch 2, finally Pikmin 4

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matthew010

Please Pilotwings. I'll be like the F-ZERO fans - if I ask for long enough, I'm sure it will happen, eventually.

Matthew010

Magician

I'm hoping for Shin Megami Tensei V to release next year, but I get the feeling it's a 2021 game.

The same goes for the BotW sequel, lock it in for March 2021.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Predicted Switch games on year 2020 :
1. Ninjala
2. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (English version)
3. TOWN
4. Re:Legend
5. The Sims 4 ??? (Unlikely)
6. Dragon Quest Builders 3 ???
7. Pokemon Pearl / Diamond / Platinum HD Remake
8. Mii games
9. Sikanda
10. Summer in Mara

Anti-Matter

Laoak

I think BOTW2 won't come out next year. Surely they had to of have a break after the first game released. If it did, it must mean the map hadn't changed and that would be a major let down

{funny quote here}

1UP_MARIO

Would love a Mario sunshine HD

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

I did have 2020 predictions in a few different threads but can't find them so I'll redo predictions with some changes:

December 2019 - Pikmin 3, Doomguy in Smash
January 2020 - Wonderful 101
February 2020 - NSO exclusive eshop game, Crash Bandicoot in Smash
March 2020 - Animal Crossing New Horizons
April 2020 - Fire Emblem Three Houses expansion pass story DLC (also available as standalone cart with expansion pass code)
May 2020 - Super Mario 3D World
June 2020 - Switch Sports (instead of Mario Golf)
July 2020 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
August 2020 - Town, New Monster Hunter in the style of MHGU exclusive to Switch
September 2020 - GBA added to NSO, Wind Waker HD
October 2020 - Super Mario Party 2, Bayonetta 3
November 2020 - Pokemon Ultra Sword/Shield or Pokemon Let's Go Johto
December 2020 - Xenoblade Chronicles X

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

@iKhan is that retro studios you mean that are making a game. Did they give any idea what the game might be at all

Ninfan

Matthew010

Are we really expecting Doom Guy in Smash?

Matthew010

iKhan

Ninfan wrote:

is that retro studios you mean that are making a game. Did they give any idea what the game might be at all

@Ninfan

We have no idea. All we know is that they last game they released was DKCTF in early 2014. There were rumors that they were working on a racer called Star Fox Grand Prix, but nothing has come of those rumors. I think what's most likely is that they were working on Star Fox Grand Prix, but it got cancelled for one reason or another (possibly due to the commercial failure of Star Fox Zero)

Grumblevolcano

Looking back at my predictions, so far I've gotten 1 right though in the wrong slot (TMS) and 1 completely wrong (Town ended up an October 2019 release).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheMisterManGuy

Here's my predictions

January:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Ecore

February:
Game & Watch Museum

March:
Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 05 - Magic Kit
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

April:
Puzzle League: Forever
WarioWare: Freestyle
New Casual IP

May:
Splatoon: Splat-Bit Hero (8-bit Splatoon spin off)
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

June:
New IP from Rhythm Heaven team
Mario Golf: Grand Tour

July:
Metroid: Dark Invasion
Nintendo Detective Club Collection

August:
Fire Emblem: Clashing Fates (Arc System Works Fire Emblem fighting game)
ARMS: Burst (Sequel to the original ARMS)

September:
New MonolithSoft IP
Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 06 - Adventure Kit

October:
FRESH Super Mario (3D Mario in the style of 3D World)

November:
Super Mario Party: Lunar
Pokemon Elusive Diamond and Rare Pearl
NES Remix 1+2

December:
Bayonetta 3

TheMisterManGuy

ZuneTattooGuy

Of the games we will get in 2020 from Nintendo, I think Pikmin Trilogy and 3 are a shoe in. I believe we will get Outerworlds in Jan or Feb. Also GTA V I could see being a big E3 announcement getting a port to the Switch

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

johnjohn01

Waluigi: Welcome to the sequel of Super Mario 64 DS with me and Toad playable.

John E. Rogers

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.