Forums

Topic: Nintendo shouldn't wait for E3, it needs another Switch Direct.

Posts 161 to 166 of 166

Anti-Matter

@subpopz
That's the situation occured also in my country.
Ignorant parents with their Zero knowledge about gaming world ended up by buying rated M games for their kids.
Disgusting !

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Snaplocket Thanks! I didn't know I was talking about myself. For a moment I thought I was talking on behalf of the entire gaming community.

@rallydefault Well, it's not really 'defending' the game It's not a port, that's what it is. If someone tells me Ocarina of Time 3D is a port, I'd tell them the same. Or Mario 64 DS. I wouldn't put those on par with actual ports.

Anyway, that's fair. I haven't played Celeste yet. I wanted to, but the price was a bit high. I like 2D platformers, but I'm not that much into them. Though I'll play Tropical Freeze any day, that was the best Wii U game I've played.

All I'm saying is that I just want the Switch to get some games I'm interested in as well. I think the Wii U port phase is almost over, so I'm eager to see what they have lined up for the rest of the year. I currently own Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Golf Story and Snipperclips. I'd like to add a few more games! I can't wait for the inevitable Pikmin 4 reveal.

Octane

Ralizah

@Whitewatermoose I think we're hearing a lot about violence in video games in the media right now because of the recent mass shooting. I don't think people will be making much of it by E3. We won't be getting any moral panic over video game violence like in the 90's. If anything, the moral panic has transitioned over to how women are depicted.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Bolt_Strike

@YummyHappyPills You also know that they complete development of the games before they release? For a 2018 game to have been in development as long as XY and SM, it would've had to have started in 2015, the year before SM released. Also, yes, it is well established that Game Freak has multiple teams. But the other team works on the mid gen remakes and third versions. Not new generations. So for the game to release in 2018, they would've had to either work on both SM and 8th gen for a year, which is unprecedented, or for them to only spend 2 years developing it. Neither scenario is particularly promising.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Ralizah

@Whitewatermoose Nothing will come of it. The white house wants to take heat off of them and the NRA by staging this side show.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Bolt_Strike

Well, they needed a good Direct to hold them off until E3 and boy did they deliver. Game after game announced today and there's plenty to look forward to between now and E3.

At this point, I'd be perfectly happy if E3 just went into detail about some of the announced games we know nothing about. We've got a Pokemon game, Prime 4, and now Smash coming out and we really have little more than titles (if even that) for each of them. There's probably going to be some new announcements along with it like Animal Crossing or maybe a new 2D Mario, but I wouldn't be surprised if this E3 focuses on things we already know about.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.