Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,901 to 9,920 of 15,874

Monkeido

Been a while since I've been blown away by a Direct, but this one definitely did. Lots of amazing new additions and I can't wait to get back into the game starting November 5!

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Grumblevolcano

I'm guessing there'll be an Indie World presentation in the next week (e.g. December 14th) and that Outer Wilds is one of the shadow drops.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano I was thinking this to, I do hope it happens.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

Silksong is like Pikmin 4. It'll never release, and is in development hell.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

dionysos283

The Silksong trailer was dropped in a regular Direct in January 2019 (almost 3 years ago, wow!). So I think, Silksong is big enough for a general Direct. Except Team Cherry insists on appearing in an Indie World, which would be stupid from a marketing perspective. Far more people watch general Directs.

dionysos283

Bolt_Strike

I'm starting to feel like we'll get a January Direct. We've got a lot of games coming early in the year like Legends Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and my gut says Splatoon will probably be a May release, and my gut says there's a lot of things they were almost ready to show that weren't quite ready for E3 or the September Direct like the rumored DK game, Xenoblade 3, and/or the Fire Emblem remake. And I think they have plenty more than that for the E3 Direct that they can afford to reveal one or more of the above early in the year. This is looking like it's going to be a very packed 2022 and I think we'll see them add to the list early.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Pokemon hasn't shown up in a Direct since March 2020's Direct Mini (TPC doing their own thing with Pokemon Presents) so I think we'll see an early January Pokemon Presents (e.g. January 6th) instead regarding Legends Arceus news (perhaps also info about when the GTS update for BDSP is coming).

So while I could see a mid January Direct happening (wouldn't contain any Pokemon news), I could also see an outcome where Nintendo waits until Legends Arceus is out and do a Direct in early February instead. They waited until after 3D World launched for the February 2021 Direct and waited until after WarioWare launched for the September 2021 Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I really feel like a February direct is likely, given that's what they've done for the last few years.

BongoBongo

@Grumblevolcano I was also thinking about the Indie World - like you say we had them on the following days in the past:

Tuesday 15 December 2020
Thursday 10 December 2019
Thursday 27 December 2018

Before that they weren’t really an established thing (we used to get a combo of Indie Highlights and Nindies Showcase).

So hopefully this week! Would be good to have some shadow dropped games to play over the holidays. I just picked up another indie in Loop Hero which is great but more of a dabbler and not a meaty game to consume my free time.

Outer Wilds would therefore be perfect and would explain why we haven’t heard anything further after it was postponed from the summer to “later in the year”.

Edit: just seen on some Japanese websites that there was an “Indie World Sale” announced today for the Japanese eshop which could be a good sign

Edited on by BongoBongo

BongoBongo

Grumblevolcano

Indie World tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

BongoBongo

@Grumblevolcano as predicted!

2pm must be the magical annoucetime when you are on GMT rather than 3pm BST

Fingers crossed for the Outer Wilds shadow drop!

Don’t even think about mentioning Silksong anyone

BongoBongo

FroZtedFlake

@BongoBongo SiLkSoNg?!?!
Actually hoping for more Sports Story announcements though

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

BruceCM

Not surprised by that but I'll enjoy watching it anyway ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

@AegisPrime Oh, I hope it's a good one for you. Tbh, if you want to guarantee disappointment, go in to them expecting 3 or 4 games that make 'perfect sense' in rumour mills. Job done

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Solaine

@AegisPrime Wow, this surprises me, since it doesn't seem like you are new to gaming. So why didn't you care about game announcements anymore and why are you interested again now, if i can ask?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

VoidofLight

I probably will skip the indie presentation and catch the news later, since these things usually don't interest me as much.

RR529

If I can sit through all 3 & a half hours of TGA (I even watched the pre show...) I can certainly set aside 20 minutes for this.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

Fittingly also, setting aside 20 minutes is roughly how the entirety of the actual awards in the Game Awards were presented. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic