Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,881 to 9,900 of 10,123

BruceCM

Yeah, I get that, @VoidofLight .... For other things somewhat like it, I'll often look around later & then there's sites with lists, while youtube has individual trailers for each thing but it isn't as good as a proper live watch, which gets put up in my other forum with a live chat thread!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

Given Nintendo likes celebrating anniversaries nowadays, maybe they're celebrating the 10th anniversary of Directs with a Direct. October 21st 2011 was when the first Direct happened.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Hmm, maybe, @Grumblevolcano ..... But then considering how they don't really celebrate on the exact day, necessarily, it could be anytime this year & say about that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Bloody hell that’s putting a lot of faith into Nintendo and how they celebrate things. By their logic, they have 12 months to celebrate the 10th anniversary from that date. So expect the 10th anniversary Direct to take place at some point next year in which we go behind the scenes exploring the world of Directs, meet some familiar faces and look back at some of the magical moments of the past 10 years.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

damien33ad

Welp...this is to be the week or there is no week. They are going to do one last hurrah for Dread so still think will see a Direct this week. They also will show off more Mario Party

damien33ad

VoidofLight

@damien33ad They already did a overview trailer for Dread, so I doubt they have anything left to show.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

jump

Did anything happen at 3pm in the UK today?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

It's not 3pm central time in the US so not sure

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo UK tweeted a bunch of Metroid Dread stuff at 2pm UK time followed by NoA tweeting about Story of Seasons being the next NSO Game Trial an hour ago. Directs are usually Wednesday or Thursday though so if one was to happen I wouldn't expect an announcement until Tuesday at the earliest.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

Is something expected to happen at 3 PM UK time?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

1UP_MARIO

I missed the 3pm GMT UK time. Is there gonna be a 3pm GMT UK time to look forward to tomorrow

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

FragRed

@1UP_MARIO No. There is only one 3pm GMT in the UK in the entire existence of human kind. We do not allow more than one time to of any hour, any minute or any second. We are just evil here in the UK.

Grumblevolcano

Today's news seems to be a sale happening on the eshop on Thursday:

EDIT: 3pm UK time has passed and there's no Direct announcement.

Grumblevolcano

yokokazuo

Well the NSO NES/SNES update would’ve normally dropped by now.
Thursday is the last day that they’d upload it for this month so along with all the rumours, I’m pretty sure we will be getting a new system or two added and presumably a Direct along with that.

My backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

VoidofLight

@skywake Not necessarily. The controller could probably be for another Switch online thing, and if it is, they'll probably do an announcement for it stand-alone, like they have in the past when adding more games to switch online.

jump

FragRed wrote:

@1UP_MARIO No. There is only one 3pm GMT in the UK in the entire existence of human kind. We do not allow more than one time to of any hour, any minute or any second. We are just evil here in the UK.

What about when the clocks go back/forwards though? I feel like Back To The Future, Tenet and Looper all rolled into one on those days.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

VoidofLight wrote:

@Vortexeo Eh, somewhat. I enjoy the experience of live announcements, since then I can watch them with my friends over platforms like discord, where as I can't really do that when they drop them instantly on youtube. I enjoy the feeling of not knowing what's up next, instead of just skimming through the direct and jumping around to the points of interest.

If I didn't like that fact I would just skip em all, Yall can do that you know.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Generally, when they drop directs like this, I usually just catch the news here, and usually not bother watching.

FragRed

@jump That isn’t the real 3pm GMT. In the event of these occasions, we have prepared replica lookalikes that are close enough to the real thing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic