Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,881 to 9,900 of 15,873

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature my uncle's dog's mother's sister's aunt's tomato's pumkin's ketchup's rabbit's uncle who works at Nintendo.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

This thread get's stranger and stranger. There's an obsession with 3pm in the UK and now there's an argument about how mediocre games are great.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump This is just the cult of 3pm in the UK.

FragRed

I am ordering this thread to be closed and destroyed and for everyone's memories to be erased. You all clearly know too much about this 3PM in the UK.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@FragRed Please don't. I feel sorry for these yanks, ever since they left The Empire they don't know the simple joys of walking along The Thames to look up to see Big Ben strike 3pm whilst eating your jellied eels on crumpets whilst wishing your fellow Brits a good God Bless The Queen.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BruceCM

Untitled
You need one of those, @FragRed ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

@jump We've reached the post-Direct paradox. Mediocre games are good.

Octane

jump

@BruceCM why is that butler wearing sunglasses?

Nicolai wrote:

Clyde_Radcliffe

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Barbiegurl777
There are more My Universe games.
My Universe Fashion Boutique, School Teacher, Cooking Star Restaurant, Pets Clinic.
And for new upcoming titles = Puppies & Kittens, Interior Design, Doctos & Nurses.
Untitled

Expand your gaming horizon, don't just stuck on one title only.

Good lord, who designed those hideous boxarts! That dog legitimately looks brain damaged.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Anti-Matter

@Clyde_Radcliffe
The small developers which got chosen by Microids made My Universe games.
There were some small developers really amateur and didn't really understand to make their games looked very appealing.
But I like the idea of My Universe games, it was like Imagine series by Ubisoft now Microids have My Universe series.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

A slight return to the generations discussion that occurred about a week ago. I posted this about the Apple model:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I don't like how with the Apple model, support is dropped with not much warning. Perfect example is what happened earlier this week, major security issues leading to an update being released (iOS 14.8) but the devices that were getting security updates on iOS 12 as recent as June 2021 got nothing. At least with console generations, the warning is the existence of a successor.

It turns out Apple released an update for iOS 12 devices on September 23rd for security fixes which means they haven't completely abandoned those devices so my argument there is invalid.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak
I have the base game, but haven't got the time to play more than a couple tutorial stages. Always had something else in the way.

Mario Party Superstars
Neat. Probably the reason why there's no Mario Party game on NSO N64. I still have Mario Party 1 2 3 though so I'm alright.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
Looks pretty good for me, and I usually are bored by card games quickly. Haven't got the time to try the Demo, but will soon.

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
It seems like a very unique nonlinear RPG. Looks nice. Will keep it on my radar and likely to buy physical.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass
I'm still burnt out from the first Wii U game.

Final Fantasy - Chocobo GP
Is this a PS1 remake? Looks very Mario Kart 64 "inspired".

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Final fighter soon! I'm always excited about Smash and won't miss the presentation in October.

Kirby: The Forgotten Land
First highlight of the Direct. Kirby on the level of Super Mario Odyssey can only be a great thing.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Version 2.0
By the sound of this I expect more than the usual updates. Will watch this presentation as well.

Mario Golf: Super Rush - Update
It's nice to have more courses and characters, but the story mode misses the adventurey elements of something like Golf Story. Biggest drawback is that you can't just play golf and hit things outside of challenges.

Disney Magical World 2 - Enchanted Edition
Probably the most forgettable game so far, for me at least. It has the 3DS version included? Nice for those that want it.

STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic
KOTOR, one of the best Star Wars games ever, for the first time on a Nintendo, with HD graphics, and for just 12 bucks? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Cloud Version
Looks great, good for people who want more high-end PC graphics on the system. I'm not sure if I ever want to pay for a Cloud game, as I prefer physical over downloads anyway. However, with games like these, a Cloud Version is probably the best option.

Dying Light - Platinum Edition
If I get my hands on this and like it a lot, it could increase my interest in the new one.

TRIANGLE STRATEGY
Probably a masterpiece. Personally, I must be really in the mood for games like that.

Metroid Dread
First announcement already sold me. Don't need more footage. Just release the game already.

Nintendo Switch Online
Sixteen NINTENDO 64 games and fourteen SEGA MEGA DRIVE games announced. Highlights being exclusives like Banjo-Kazooie, Operation: WinBack, Dr. Mario 64, and added online multiplayer for games like Mario Kart 64 and F-ZERO X.

Shadowrun Trilogy
Loved the SNES game. Don't know much about this, but seems like another huge collection of great western RPGs.

Castlevania Advance Collection
A collection of all 4 Castlevania games on the GBA. Very very solid.

ActRaiser Renaissance
My second highlight of the show. Loved it on the SNES, replayed it on Wii VC and beat the game for the first time ever. This is such a unique and addicting game. Finally, they did something with it. The remade graphics look amazing, the remade soundtrack will hopefully receive the same care. There will be new stages! And new QoL features. This being shadow dropped makes me wanna rush out and get it! Is a physical version shadowdropped as well? I hope it doesn't take too long, I need it.

Deltarune - Chapter 2
Downloaded it and played it a good session. Will continue later. It's excellent so far.

Shin Megami Tensei V
The only other game (with Metroid Dread) I already pre-ordered.

Hot Wheels Unleashed
The N64 game was good, after that it all went kinda downhill. Not sure about this one.

Surviving the Aftermath
Seems like a very complex defense strategy game ported over straight from PC.

Wreckfest
Well, this racer looks miles better than Hot Wheels anyway.

Rune Factory 5
Frequent loading times between indoors and outdoors areas turn me off from huge games like these were you often need to visit houses. These loading times quickly add up. In games like these, loading times need to be like in Stardew Valley: gone.
I don't expect them to be gone in RF5, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Mario Movie
Hilarious. Bet it will be fun.
Favourites such as Kamek, Cranky Kong, and Foreman Spike in main roles? Can't wait to see how they interact with each other.

Splatoon 3
Played so much of the first one, I still feel like having enough of multiplayer. Only a meaty new single player adventure can lure me in. So let's see how it turns out.

Bayonetta 3
I really should start Bayonetta 2 soon. I liked the first game, but I thought it was very grindy to unlock/buy everything.

Overall the Direct was pretty good.
I liked Kirby, ActRaiser, and Deltarune the most, and there are at least 5 other games I really want and a couple more I wanna try.
Will definately check back in for the Smash, Animal Crossing, and NSO presentations.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Jackpaza0508

A week late but I decided to cram everything from the direct into this little thing!
if you're wondering where Surviving the Aftermath is (trust me, we all have at least once), it's the background
Untitled

He/Him

BruceCM

Is Eiger representing the other 2 Shadowrun games as well, @Jackpaza0508 ....? She's only in Dragonfall, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Jackpaza0508

@BruceCM It was the only PNG I could find on google search that was transparent so yeah, also never played Shadowrun before so I guess that's something

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

BruceCM

That's OK, @Jackpaza0508 .... Think you'll want to get Switch trilogy, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

I'm simultaneously expecting this direct to be really good or really underwhelming. Neither would surprise me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 I have no expectations for the direct, and I probably won't celebrate if it does end up being a ton of content.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic