Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 10,127

Bolt_Strike

@BenAV Nintendo Directs have always primarily focused on existing games anyway, so knowing all of the major releases for the fall wouldn't stop them from having a Direct to reveal more information about some of those upcoming games. The potential 2022 releases, especially for a Spring title that we don't currently know about, is probably more along the lines of what people are most anticipating from a potential September Direct.

Personally, I'm most hoping to see the long expected 3D Kirby game to finally be confirmed from around this point. Kirby is usually a Spring release, so this would be about the right time to announce it. Other possibilities could be something like DK, Xenoblade, or a Fire Emblem remake.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Anti-Matter

@BenAV
Even without Nintendo Direct, there is always some upcoming games has been announced from play-asia and I have interest with some of them.
And I didn't even waiting for typical big games like most peoples here.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Yes, but do you really have to compare your case to ours every chance you get? We know you don't like good games, and rather play shovelware, or that you buy from Playasia. You've said the same thing time and time again.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

BenAV

@Bolt_Strike They definitely could do a Direct still and I'm sure we'll see one sooner or later but there's no real pressing need for it to happen now during September specifically. Unless they really want to use the opportunity to pump up Metroid, a Direct in October or even later would be fine.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I've been thinking maybe Nintendo ends up shadow dropping a Mini or Partner Showcase instead of the usual general Direct. If the February 2022 game is a port/remaster (e.g. Zelda remasters) then Metroid Dread and Pokemon Legends Arceus are the only new 1st party game through early 2022 (which both have gotten big info drops recently) and Mini is used when the 1st party focus is old games and DLC/updates for already released games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano I'm convinced that the decision on the Zelda remasters will be made fairly last minute, I think they'll only release them in February if they are very confident BOTW2 is on track for release later in 2022. If there is still uncertainty, I think they'll hold it back.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

jump

It’s coming upto 3pm in the U.K...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Balta666

@jump but announcements for a direct won't come on a thursday for friday release... However if it is a mini or partner showcase may be shown without prior knowlege!!! Hype train!!!!

P.s: just kidding... (Or am I )

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

MarioBrickLayer

Nintendo have been push Metroid Dread pretty hard, I wonder if they might be waiting until after its launch to hold the direct? That way there aren't are distractions?

MarioBrickLayer

Anti-Matter

Well, it's 9 pm here in Indonesia or 3 pm in UK.
No sign of Nintendo Direct this week.
So, I can keep continuing my backlogs.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

FragRed

@MarioBrickLayer That would make the most sense. Any Direct right now would overshadow all the marketing Nintendo have been pumping into Metroid Dread and it’s a game that needs all the hype it can get.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

jump

@Balta666 That hype train isn't bound by our mortal concepts of "3pm in the UK", it smashes through it like a roid raged Thomas The Tank Engine!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BrazillianCara

I do get the feeling that unless it's next week, we may not see a Direct until mid-October, possibly to avoid stealing the thunder of recent and upcoming releases (specifically Metroid Dread).
Edit: As has been pointed out already...

Edited on by BrazillianCara

BrazillianCara

BongoBongo

Wasn't that keen on Metroid Dread but just got suckered in at this bargain basement price in the UK https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/games/nin... that I saw NL posting about on Twitter. Can't really say no for £27! Imagine you could potentially even make a profit trading it in second hand for that price

EDIT: although now seems to have gone back up to £50

Edited on by BongoBongo

BongoBongo

jump

@BongoBongo Yeah, it's a 2D game so it should be 99p, it's ridiculous they expect people pay £27! It's not a real game like FIFA or COD! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

BongoBongo

@jump Ha I do in principle think its worth "full price" - whatever that means these days i.e. same as other top tier games - but I don't think I have ever paid RRP for a long time. Especially with physical copies, it seems in the UK that at least one of Currys, Argos or the random websites (like ShopTo) will pull out some bargain pricing. This seems an even more extreme version of that - I was quite pleased to get Skyward Sword for £38 on release day from Argos a while back but this is double the discount!

It does make all the debates about modern pricing and whether certain games are worth it rather redundant.

Edit: actually just checked and seems to have gone back to £50 - maybe it was an error

Edited on by BongoBongo

BongoBongo

Grumblevolcano

This site's ads reminded me that Eastward is out today, given its Switch timed exclusivity perhaps Nintendo don't want a Direct to distract from it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Rather than doing no Direct at all wouldn't Eastward be included in the Direct though, they could even do the "in the eshop after this Direct" thingy.

Nicolai wrote:

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Ehh I don't think they'd postpone a Direct just because of an indie game that they could easily push in the Direct.

It's much more likely to be due to not wanting to overshadow Metroid Dread as mentioned above. That game is like 95% of their marketing focus right now as it should be. A Direct would surely have at least one big 1st party announcement for 2022, an update on another 2022 title (Splatoon 3?), and the last DLC character for Smash Bros, all of which would overshadow Metroid.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Seacliff

I don't expect to see another direct until 2022. We know very well what the plan is for the rest of the year and it's pretty packed. There's Metroid, Mario Party, Pokemon Remakes, and SMT V.

We have consistently seen Directs in February, and that's the point where the release lineup starts to get hazy, that's probably when we'll get new trailers and release dates for previously announced games like Splatoon 3 and the New Mario x Rabbids.

Seacliff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic