Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,741 to 9,760 of 15,872

Snatcher

I don't even have a wish list, I mean, I knew RH game would be amazing!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

GrailUK

@VoidofLight Yeah, it's weird. I'm waiting patiently for Oct 5th / 8th and feel like I don't need anything hahaha. Obviously, I reserve the right to go mental at any of the announcements lol. But yeah, surprisingly calm for the first time over a Direct!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

Oh, I suppose now would be a good time for Microsoft to reveal their plans for Switch.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

@GrailUK I'm more calm than anything, because I don't expect anything we don't already know about. The only two slots that could have a new game are December (which Nintendo probably doesn't have a game for), and February. Other than that, it'll probably all be third party titles this direct.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

Do you guys still think they will show off the last smash fighter, or save it for later?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Ralizah

I'm pretty zen. New announcements would be cool, but I'm booked through most of next year in terms of my gaming schedule. It'll have to be something really big for me to alter my planned purchases at this point.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

chapuH

Just a gentle reminder that "games this winter" goes into 2022. I'm thinking maybe Splatoon 3 or Sparks of Hope could release then (probably not BOTW).

Hope you're having a good day.

Magician

@Snatcher There's a fair chance. But I think the announcement of the final fighter for season pass two (basically Sakurai's...pseudo-retirement announcement) will get a Direct all its own rather than simply being a part of something smaller. Sakurai has given Nintendo too much for his last contribution to simply be one bullet point in a run-of-the-mill Direct.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@chapu2006 Yeah, but since we already know the January game, and Nintendo doesn't usually release big first party exclusives in January, it only leaves February of next year.

Snatcher

@Magician I agree, But what if it is at this one, I mean would you see it as a sour note or just would have rather'd them make it more, idk special?

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Honestly the only things that seemed a bit too hopeful was MK8 DLC and the Microsoft point.

@link3710 Yes, Age of Calamity DLC is very likely to happen. Honestly forgot about it because I completed the June DLC so fast.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@chapu2006 Splatoon 3 is 100% a Spring/Summer 2022 title. Splatoon's been the big Summer release for Nintendo since the first game so there's no way it's coming out any earlier

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

I'm pretty zen. New announcements would be cool, but I'm booked through most of next year in terms of my gaming schedule. It'll have to be something really big for me to alter my planned purchases at this point.

Mostly the same here.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

I'm zen when Pikmin 4 is revealed.

Octane

VoidofLight

at this point, I get the feeling Pikmin 4 isn't happening.

Vortexeo

GrailUK wrote:

@Vortexeo I hope you are wrong too heheh

Looks like I was! Woohoo!

Although I just realized the presentation isn't until 5 pm where I live. I wonder why they aren't doing it in the morning like usual.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Budda

@VoidofLight
How long is the winter period for release dates actually? Winter ends March 19th '22. So we can still actually get announcements for it. I actually would be surprised if they don't show their March game tomorrow. February Direct would be a little late I think.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

RR529

VoidofLight wrote:

@GrailUK I'm more calm than anything, because I don't expect anything we don't already know about. The only two slots that could have a new game are December (which Nintendo probably doesn't have a game for), and February. Other than that, it'll probably all be third party titles this direct.

Nintendo already has two games releasing in December with Advance Wars & Big Brain Academy, so they almost definitely have nothing else coming out that month outside of maybe DLC or something tiny.

But both February & March are still open, and there's always the chance they'll show off a game or two meant for later in the year (though of course, something we already know about like Splatoon 3 or Bayonetta 3 might take one of these spots), so there could be a couple brand new releases.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Nephestinus

Woops, I completely forgot this thread and I posted my thoughts on the upcoming direct in Chit-Chat, yikes.
Anyway, this is my take on the Direct from what we've seen/heard so far
Maybe:
Bayonetta 3 since they want to show something but Nintendo didn't let them yet
Some Metroid Ports
We still need an announcement for the next Mario game so probably that
Mario & Luigi RPG, I know that the company shut down that made the M&L games but we might see something from another developer
Something from Monolith Soft
Something from ATLUS, probably Etrian Odyssey, maybe Project Re Fantasy or another Perona Q game
Probably something from Intelligent Systems in the lines of a Fire Emblem Remake, which was highly discussed & speculated and Wayforward (?) is handling Advance Wars
Highly Likely:
Next smash DLC character
Some updates to existing games (Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, maybe Mario Kart)
Updates to announced games (Splatoon3, Mario + Rabbids)
A recap to Pokémon Arceus & The Gen 4 remakes
Some ports that have been rated in various countries but not yet revealed (hack & Alan Wake for example)
Some Indies
Something from Donkey Kong (Maybe from Zelda & Metroid)
Nintendo Online Updated games + N64 or GameBoy emulator

Nephestinus

VoidofLight

@RR529 I honestly forgot advanced wars was coming out, mainly since the game didn't lookthat great, and looked more like a budget title than anything else.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic