Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,721 to 9,740 of 15,993

IceClimbers

"Focused on games coming this winter"

Depending on how you define winter that could mean anything from November to early March. Makes sense considering we don't know much about what's coming in Q1 2022 outside of Pokemon and that Marvel game.

Predictions:

• Final Smash fighter
  • NSO GB/GBC games
  • Animal Crossing content
  • Metroid Dread trailer
  • SMT V trailer
  • Advance Wars trailer
  • A 1st party game for February/March (Kirby?)
  • Castlevania Advance Collection
  • Dying Light Platinum Edition
  • Danganronpa Decadence
  • Surprise 3rd party ports for Q1
  • A 1st party game that releases sometime later in 2022

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

My predictions:

• Direct opens with a big unannounced 3rd party game launching in October/November
  • Spotlights end up being SMTV, Metroid Dread, NSO, Smash Ultimate
  • Eshop preorders for SMTV go live straight after the Direct
  • NSO ends up being GB/GBC for base NSO and N64 for a more expensive tier ($60 a year), the FCC controller turns out to be N64
  • Direct closes with Smash Ultimate and either announces the Sakurai Presents airing date or the Sakurai Presents stream happening straight after the Direct like with Banjo in September 2019
  • Mario Golf update
  • Animal Crossing update
  • With Smash coming to an end, upcoming Nintendo DLC is very limited so I'd guess MK8 Deluxe DLC happens
  • Small length headlines include Mario Party Superstars, Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp, Pokemon (BDSP and Legends Arceus), a game for February 2022 (e.g. Zelda remasters), a game for March 2022 (e.g. Kirby)
  • Shadow drops end up being a bunch of 3rd party games including Deltarune Chapter 2
  • Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 don't appear (Splatoon 3 gets a spotlight in the early 2022 Direct)
  • Something to do with Microsoft happens

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano This already sounds way too hopeful for any Direct that isn't an E3 show lol

Also I don't expect Deltarune to come to any consoles or even be announced for them for like another year or possibly two. Look at how long it took for the original Undertale to come to PS4/Vita and then how much longer it took for a Switch and Xbox version

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Munchlax

Opens with final Smash fighter. SMTV, Mario Party, longish Metroid segment, NSO online, Advance Wars. Ends in the announcement of Fire Emblem coming March.

Munchlax

NintendoByNature

The direct opens with a beer. At least that's how I'm opening the direct..🙃

NintendoByNature

Dogorilla

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Also I don't expect Deltarune to come to any consoles or even be announced for them for like another year or possibly two. Look at how long it took for the original Undertale to come to PS4/Vita and then how much longer it took for a Switch and Xbox version

Depends if they've been working on it alongside the PC version all along or if it will be ported after the fact.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

RR529

@jump, I know this is a joke post, but honestly could see them eventually releasing an Other M remaster someday.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MarioVillager92

@NintendoByNature If the direct was happening during the morning, I'd have coffee with me when it starts. lol

Grumblevolcano wrote:

• With Smash coming to an end, upcoming Nintendo DLC is very limited so I'd guess MK8 Deluxe DLC happens

I'm not sure about that. It's been 4 years since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out, and that game has literally been only getting minor content updates for like a year or so.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magician

Fire Pro Wrestling World or bust.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@MarioLover92 oh for sure. I'm used to have a cup of Joe while watching. So I guess this is a nice change of pace.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

We did it boys, we did it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Snatcher

TETRIS FOR SMASH!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

GrailUK

@Snatcher I don't know what you did, Snatch, but thank you

Anyhoo. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 please. (There is so much I already want, I feel like a spoilt brat hoping for anything if I'm honest! Happy for whatever.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

The only thing that’s making me wonder is.. this is based on games coming out from November to February. This doesn’t seem to leave much room for many new game announcements, given that we already have a game for November, and a game for January.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

link3710

Strangely, I don't think I've seen Age of Calamity DLC in anyone's predictions despite it being a shoo-in for this Direct.

link3710

Snatcher

@GrailUK He was wrong thank god I'm I right?

I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@link3710 It's probably because not many people really care for Age of Calamity. A lot of people were expecting it to be a prequel, and kind of got burned for it. The gameplay was alright, but it lacks the replayability that Hyrule Warriors had.

VoidofLight

@GrailUK Honestly, I'm not holding my breath, but a Xenoblade 3 announcement would be great. Hoping that it'll be much more akin to the original one, where I can actually take moments in the story seriously without the comedic moments bleeding in with the serious ones.

1UP_MARIO

Predictions
Pikmin 4
Mario strikers fully charged turbo
Kirby planet robobot deluxe
Star fox zero deluxe

I hope hope some 3D Mario glimpse

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MsJubilee

@Magician That game not being on the Switch & Xbox is pure criminal.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic