Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 15,474

BrazillianCara

Honestly, being a Gamecube game may be the primary - maybe even the only - reason why TTYD hasn't been rereleased yet. If Nintendo was really trying to erase classic Paper Mario as some in this thread seem to believe, they wouldn't have made the first one and SPM available on the Wii U.

BrazillianCara

BrazillianCara

@damien33ad SMRPG still got to be on the SNES Classic and was also on the Wii U VC. I also wish those games were already available on the Switch, but sometimes I feel the fanbase has developed a sort of persecution complex based on the lack of releases and minimal evidence.

BrazillianCara

Grumblevolcano

So we know there won't be a Direct tomorrow but there is still hope for one on Thursday as an announcement could happen tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@damien33ad if you still have your gamecube you can play them in true 480p from just buying a gcHD for your cube

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

kkslider5552000

VoidofLight wrote:

Paper Mario’s in an entirely different situation though in comparison to something like Metroid Dread or Great Ace Attorney.

But it is the exact same situation as Pokemon Snap. There was an interview about their lack of interest in making one...and then a few years later, they made one.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blooper987

Possible Big Direct Hint!

Traditionally Just Dance will reveal their new songs at Gamescom or the September Direct. Since there was no reveal at Gamescom I believed that they could be in a direct. The JD Twitter account just put up a teaser for the new song which usually means the announcement is only a couple days away.

It could mean nothing but it is interesting timing. I believe there will be a direct sometime this week.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

FragRed

Sorry everyone, Nintendo aren't having any Direct this week. I am holding my very own Direct on Thursday which will be so big and wild it will surely overshadow anything Nintendo does. So they are delaying till 2023.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DarkRula

Just give up the Gamecube goodies already, Nintendo. Make this Direct about classic games. Or at least a portion of it. We'll have Gamecube NSO with the Pokémon games, F-Zero, Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox Adventures, and plenty more. We'll have other franchise revivals or returns such as Fossil Fighters, Custom Robo, and more. We'll finally get the GTA 3D Trilogy on a Nintendo system.

And then at the end, they'll announce the Wii Sports Resort successor I've been dreaming of and concepting for years.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Yet, Snap was still under different circumstances, because there was only ever one snap game, where as Paper Mario is still ongoing, with the dev team confirming they can't go back to the old style of the series.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

VoidofLight wrote:

Yet, Snap was still under different circumstances, because there was only ever one snap game, where as Paper Mario is still ongoing, with the dev team confirming they can't go back to the old style of the series.

I mean, the point is that there's no real circumstances that matter so much that you should count out anything. They can just...decide this isn't a problem anymore because they think it will make money, for example. Never make assumptions.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

2-3 hours left until announcement if there is one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

1UP_MARIO

I can feel it. I can

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

jump

@1UP_MARIO I feel it too, it's like a shiver down my spine but then I turned around and it was just The Candyman.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

There are more than a few games that I know have an upcoming physical release but have yet to be listed at retail anywhere. As far as first party games go, I think we're good until early next year. But as far as third party games are concerned, I think a Direct is due.

Perhaps not so many games to warrant a Partner Showcase, but certainly enough to backfill a mainline Direct. Either way...anticipation is rising.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician If there is a Direct, I wonder if they will show much on Mario Party and Advance Wars? They seem to be doing really good communications on Metroid Dread, those games could copy that strategy, but a Direct seems a good place to show off some new features.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic