Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,501 to 9,520 of 10,112

TheJGG

We’re seeing a Switch Pro for sure. You heard it here first folks; the September 31 Nintendo Direct, two hours long featuring a fifteen game Zelda collection, Metroid Prime 4 releasing tomorrow, a full remake of another 3, a sequel to Pikmin 3, Breath of the Wild 2 being cancelled, and finally… Waluigi as the last Smash fig- no, Sakurai’s now been locked in his office until every single character in the universe gets into Smash. You all know what that means…

That’s right, Sora’s in! Master Chief’s in! Everyone’s in!

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I will say, the problem right now is that another Direct this year about games coming out this year will be boring for the major games.

"Oh man this game is like how you remember it, end of statement!" is how they will sell like 4 of the biggest titles for the rest of the year. Nothing against those games, but there's only so much hype you can get from that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 Isn't that the September Direct every year though? I'm struggling to remember a year where that direct didn't just reiterate all the major upcoming titles...

Though... Didn't they manage to hide Cappy in Odyssey until the September direct in 2017? Smash also finally got a huge amount of unexpected info too, as did XC2 in their respective directs.

I dunno, usually I'd say they'd try and pull that again, but that sounds a lot harder for Dread, Mario Party, or Warioware... I feel like Metroid Dread getting something unexpected that dominates the conversation after is the most likely option. That, or we'll get a Mario & Rabbids or Splatoon blowout with a March release date... Actually that seems quite likely.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 September 2018 Direct had a much larger focus on surprises though that was likely because 2018 was pretty barren in addition to Smash Ultimate getting its own Directs in August and November. The other September general Directs of the Switch era were focused on already known content for the rest of the year and early following year so I think the major spotlight titles this time will be:

• Smash Ultimate
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus (September 2019 Direct had a major spotlight on Sword/Shield)
  • Metroid Dread
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons (if there's a big update or DLC incoming I could see this being given a spotlight though on the other hand I could see the game given a small amount of time or no time if the future of the game is just reusing the year 1 events) or SMTV

The other games like WarioWare, Mario Party and Advance Wars just getting small headlines.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I think we could possibly see another BOTW 2 trailer around that time.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I was thinking Game Awards is more likely if there is more BotW 2 news this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I'm still hoping we'll see Bayo 3 news finally during the September direct. It's time... Hopefully we won't have to wait for TGA.

link3710

NintendoByNature

link3710 wrote:

Bayo 3 news, It's time...

We've been saying these few words for years now lol. It's gotten to the point for where I'm not even expecting it or staying excited for it. When it happens it happens.

NintendoByNature

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano when we can expect for Nintendo to reveal the next mainline Kirby and the rumored 2.5D Donkey Kong game?in the fall Nintendo Direct? @VoidofLight i think Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is only gonna show up at E3 2022(as Nintendo big focus game) and @Link3710 sadly it think Bayonetta 3 is in development hell(or the game is cancelled or be one of Switch sucessor launch games).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

kkslider5552000

link3710 wrote:

sn't that the September Direct every year though? I'm struggling to remember a year where that direct didn't just reiterate all the major upcoming titles...

No, I don't think any of those relied on remakes of any sort. If there's a lot of time spent on a game, its usually a brand new game and they usually have brand new details.

That's exactly why I'm curious what they'll do next time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@Giancarlothomaz Eh.. If they're aiming for a 2022 release, waiting until e3 to show more won't really be a good idea. I could see them showing something off at e3 2022 if the game releases in late 2022, but I don't see them holding off info until then. We'll probably get something in the September Direct, or at the Game Awards.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

link3710

@kkslider5552000 I mean, plenty of upcoming games aren't remakes. Metroid Dread, Mario Party (...sorta?), and Warioware are new games that won't be out yet. Only Advance Wars and BDSP are remakes in that period. And whatever releases in March (Splatoon 3 or Mario + Rabbids 2 probably) won't be a remake either. If Bayo 3 does show up (we were told to expect this year) that's also new. And Pokemon Legends is a brand new game we know nothing about even if it's in the Sinnoh region.

Though, j would expect a port of some sort in February...

Edit: @NintendoByNature Yeah, but this time we actually were told to likely expect something this year. That at least means it's probably close to a full reveal, even if plans do change.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Bolt_Strike

@Giancarlothomaz Depends on when in the year they release. If they're in Q1, then the Fall Direct. If they're in Q2, probably the Spring Direct. If they're in the second half of the year, we'll probably be waiting all the way until next E3.

I think Kirby will probably be first half as that typically releases that time of year, so we'll probably see that in the Fall Direct, but I'm not as sure about DK, that might be a second half of the year game that we end up having to wait until next E3 for.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Giancarlothomaz

@Bolt_Strike yes the next mainline Kirby game make sense to release early 2022, the rumored 2.5D Donkey Kong game is problaby gonna release in fall 2022(so i expect Nintendo is gonna reveal the rumored 2.5D Donkey Kong game in E3 2022 along with Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 release date and name).

i like HD Rumble.

NintendoByNature

Indie world tomorrow, which going by previous years, means a direct is in the near future. What are we thinking is going to pop up in tomorrow's showcase and the direct afterwards?

NintendoByNature

chapu2006

Surely if the Indie Direct is 1-2 weeks earlier, the September Nintendo Direct will be 1-2 weeks earlier? Right?

Hope you're having a good day.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic