Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,501 to 9,520 of 15,874

VoidofLight

@Varkster Eh, with the OLED I can't see them doing much to make people want to buy it if they already own it. Especially with the model seemingly being a replacement for the original in a way. The main attraction is the OLED screen, which will be nice for some people who want it, but if you already own a switch, there's really no need.

It's not like they'll make games which only play on the OLED. They'll only look sharper in handheld I'm pretty sure, or pop more in handheld rather.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

OLED edition looks nice.
I want another Switch machine to create 2nd island for ACNH.
One island was not enough for me and i can dive into hundred hours gameplay again for sculpting my 2nd island with my chosen villagers.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@Varkster I feel if there is another 1st party game to be announced for this year it'll be a digital only title in a similar kind of way to how in 2019 and 2020 there were Kirby digital shadow drops in September (former was a Direct shadow drop).

On the physical front I could see Smash getting a repackaged physical version with all the DLC. As maintaining the Ultimate roster for the next Smash game would be impossible and no content is coming after the next fighter I'd imagine they'd want to preserve that legacy.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Varkster

@VoidofLight What I meant is making people invested in the Switch again that may have lost or sold the system in the past who would want to get one again if some big name titles are released.

I already lost 2 switches (1 was robbed) and I'm waiting for the OLED to buy one, I imagine I'm not the only one.

Varkster

jump

I can feel it coming, any moment now it will be 3pm in the UK.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if Nintendo would delay if Sony announces a PSVR2 event today for later this week. The July State of Play announcement said:

"This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon."

HFW got an update in August (Gamescom Opening Night Live announced the delay to February 2022), GoW got an update last week in the Playstation Showcase and summer ends on September 22nd.

I'd be leaning towards no Direct delay because VR is extremely niche.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@jump
3 pm in UK that means it will be 9 pm in West Indonesia time.
5 hours later from now.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter It's a joke, I'm not actually asking for the time. People often talk about how 3pm in the UK is when announcements are made.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

So 3pm bst isn't when the announcement will be made?!

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Today's Nintendo news is Tetris 99 getting a WarioWare event.

Not that a Direct announcement was likely for today, Nintendo announces Directs on Tuesday when they air on Wednesday and announcement on Wednesday when they air on Thursday.

Grumblevolcano

VoidofLight

@damien33ad Usually it's Thursdays that directs happen.

VoidofLight

@damien33ad TTYD remaster has a really low chance of happening, especially given Nintendo's Mario mandate, which prevents the Paper Mario team from making a game like TTYD.

kkslider5552000

I don't disagree with the pessimism about TTYD or anything like it coming back, but that is also arguably true of a new Pokemon Snap or Metroid Dread or an NA release of Famicom Detective Club or Great Ace Attorney, or a return of Advance Wars or a Final Fantasy VII remake or a Shenmue 3 or a new Half Life or

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Paper Mario’s in an entirely different situation though in comparison to something like Metroid Dread or Great Ace Attorney.

Nintendo made it clear that they’re not interested in the old paper mario, but capcom always wanted to release GAA in the west, but just thought there wasn’t a good way to localize it until recently. Metroid Dread was always planned, but they just didn’t have the chance to make it until recently.

Grumblevolcano

GC is the only Nintendo console that Nintendo constantly ignores so that's another thing against a TTYD remaster happening. It's a miracle we got Mario Sunshine last year.

At most I think we'd get 6 1st party GC games overall on the Switch:

• Mario Sunshine (already happened)
  • Wind Waker (via the Wii U remaster)
  • Twilight Princess (via the Wii U remaster)
  • Luigi's Mansion (via the 3DS port)
  • Metroid Prime 1+2 (via the Wii Prime Trilogy)

Grumblevolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano Not sure about Luigi's Mansion having a chance of happening.

Why do Nintendo port/remaster games? I can think of three (speculative) reasons:-
1. A game from a popular franchise they know will sell well (Link's Awakening)
2. Testing the water on restarting a franchise (Advance Wars)
3. To fill out the release calendar when things are barren?

I wonder if we'll see a Mario Party Superstars 2 based on one or more of the Gamecube Mario Party games?

I'd like to see something with these games:-

1. Giest
2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
3. Star Fox Assault + Adventures double pack
4. Odama
5. Wave Race: Blue Storm

If we get one from my list I'd be happy!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic