Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 15,874

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature How is it de-confirmed? One wasn't happening this week due to Sony itself.. but I don't see how it can't just happen the other weeks, or sometime in October.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WoomyNNYes

Kyoto prefecture (Nintendo) is still under covid state of emergency, which likely means remote working is still limiting game dev progress. I've seen japan prefecture map often enough now, that I know where Kyoto is located on the map at a glace.(I just watched NHK News this hour. Love NHK World<33)

Found this from may 2020. Perhaps Nintendo was more honest then, because everyone was still optimistic that covid would be a short term issue. Now that it's a long term issue, I think they stay more silent on the issue because, it's better for the market to not dwell on negatives.

https://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-says-working-from-home-wi...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@VoidofLight true, everyday has a 3pm in the UK

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Balta666 no that’s Bob's your uncle o’clock where try to play rounders as long as there’s the right ones and twos on your feet when you ball and chalk otherwise it’s a sticky wicket.

I may or may not ran out of all the cockney slang I know writing that. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

GrailUK

After that Sony showcase, I'm ready for a Nintendo Direct!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter The one that had BotW 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 5, Animal Crossing New Horizons 2, Splatoon 6, and Persona 5 Switch. Can't believe you missed it man, it was wild.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo did another big Metroid Dread trailer, definitely feels like something cut from a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Nintendo, pimpin' Metroid Dread really hard. I like it. The only reason Dread doesn't become the best selling 2D Metroid (2.73m) would be if fans don't show up. Nintendo themselves have done everything they could to promote the game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

Dread is absolutely going to be the best selling 2D Metroid the way I see things. Not only is the Switch the most successful console to have a new 2D Metroid, but it's the first new 2D Metroid to release in a world where internet use is mainstream. Metroid is and has always been a niche franchise, but I think word-of-mouth through the internet will definitely give the series a boost.

Plus Metroidvania has become a very popular genre in the past few years, amazingly in a market that has been severely lacking in the "Metroid" component. I'm sure that will have some influence as well.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

VoidofLight

They’re really spoiling the entire game before it comes out, aren’t they?

Edited on by VoidofLight

jump

@VoidofLight Not everything, there's a plot twist at the end where Samus is actually a woman and you never knew because of the helmet.

Nicolai wrote:

GrailUK

Good lord, that trailer was awesome! I can't wait. As for thinking they spoiled the game? Hahaha. Nope.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

@damien33ad Doubt BotW 2 will get a release date this year.

VoidofLight

@damien33ad The big "Christmas game" is pokemon and Shin Megami Tensei V. They're not going to announce a new game for this Christmas, given that they'd only have 2 months to hype it up afterwards.

Varkster

@VoidofLight To be fair with Nintendo, weirder things have happened. They may have a game which they were planning to announce and release at a later date but actually developed ahead of time.

Not saying it would be as big as a Zelda or Mario, but I have a feeling they have another game for around Christmas planned nonetheless. All just mindless speculation without a proper Direct, though.

I really hope we do get one this month, ahead of the OLED Switch releasing to incentivise people to buy one even if they've owned a previous version of the system before.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic