Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,401 to 9,420 of 15,461

elias84631

When will Platinum reveal Bayonetta 3? It's been 4 years from the announcement in the Game awards and i hope for a suprise. Otherwise, it will be a Japanese half life 3.

Edited on by elias84631

elias84631

Magician

@elias84631

Probably not for another two or three years. I say Nintendo should make it a launch title for the Switch successor, lol. Honestly though, as long as it doesn't become vaporware like Scalebound, I don't care how long it takes to deliver.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think the reason Nintendo announces general Directs 1-2 days before the event happens is to be much more flexible with timing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Kirby_EU Completely disregard this. Samus Hunter is a farce and nothing more.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

elias84631

I hope for Professor's layton remastered game collection of the ds games. Not that mediocre spinoff. And also it should cost around 20 bucks.

Edited on by elias84631

elias84631

link3710

@Magician I heavily doubt it's another 2-3 years out. I'm still holding on to what I've been saying for ages now: it'll launch sometime between September 2021 and March 2023, and they'll only do a reveal of it around 3 months before launch, a la Astral Chain.

link3710

FullMetalWesker

@RR529 - Just to clarify, that trailer was for Big Brain Academy, a series that's similar to Brain Training/Brain Age, but is it's own thing.

Considering that they're not showing anything at TGS, and have been recently releasing trailers they'd usually throw in a direct, I'd say the chances of getting one this month are rather slim. We might get one next month, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one till at least November, if not later.

FullMetalWesker

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo nowadays tends to give "Blue Ocean" games reveals separate from other games perhaps not to repeat E3 2008. Labo, Brain Training Switch and Ring Fit Adventure were all revealed outside Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

Was both the NES and SNES NSO launches revealed in Directs? It seems the whole Game Boy and Game Boy Colour rumours are the new Switch Pro with everyone jumping in with their own apparent inside sources - which I assume is nothing more than a bunch of journalists backing each other up and not a real inside source.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed NES NSO was announced when NSO was announced but there was a massive NSO info drop in the September 2018 Direct meanwhile SNES NSO was announced in the September 2019 Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Interesting, because that would definitely be good enough reason to assume Nintendo would want to hold some kind of Direct in the next several weeks - not too sure when with both Sony hosting their State of Play and the not wanting to overshadow Metroid Dread coming out early next month.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

I think if that GTA 3 collection is a real thing, it’ll be announced alongside the GTA V new generation remaster upgrade at Sony’s State of Play on Thursday as those games are very much associated with the PlayStation brand as a whole. Also I think Sony has some kinda marketing thing with Rockstar.

We should definitely see whatever that last fighter will be, and they’ll reconfirm there is to be no third set of DLC characters.

I do not think Nintendo will make any new game announcement here, first party wise but there maybe a few third party games they’ll want to bring up with release dates or release months for the rest of this year and early next year.

Finally anything first party wise will be merely updates on games we know about and release dates for anything not set in stone.

That’s it. I’m not expecting anything big from this. They’ll leave that for either a reveal at Game Awards or next year.

link3710

@FragRed I think we'll get either a reveal of the big March game or an expansion of details on it if it's Splatoon 3 / BotW2 / something else. They usually have one big H1 title each year, I wouldn't expect them to wait until December to reveal what it is unless it's not coming until May.

So I don't know if it's big persay, but a Splatoon 3 full reveal seems likely. Also, whatever game is coming out in February is also likely to be announced (unless it's held off for TGA like Bayo 1&2, but that feels unlikely to me). Probably a port/remaster per usual, but it'll be a new reveal at least.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 The 2018 March game was just the ports for Bayonetta 1 & 2 and they were revealed at Game Awards alongside the third entry. Not saying we would get something similar but it’s not out the question that a port could be given a short timeframe between announcement and launch.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed The March 2018 game was Kirby Star Allies which was announced at E3 2017 and reappeared in the September 2017, January 2018 Mini and March 2018 Directs. Bayonetta 1+2 was February 2018 and was only announced at TGA because of the combination of it and Bayonetta 3.

Metroid Prime Trilogy feels like the only port that could fit the same role but releasing Prime Trilogy so close to Dread would probably reduce Metroid's potential.

Grumblevolcano

VoidofLight

@FragRed I feel like we will get a new game announcement. Most september directs have at least one or two for the next year. If I had to say, It’ll probably be xenoblade 3 for one of them.

@NintendoByNature doubt it’ll be next week, given that Playstation has their thing next Thursday, around the same time that Nintendo usually does their own directs, so if one’s coming, they probably delayed it by a week internally.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

link3710

@FragRed GrumbleVolcano already brought up the Bayonetta was February point. But that aside, look at the lineup for next year. After Legends Arceus (January), we still have Splatoon 3, BotW2, Mario + Rabbids 2, and Triangle Strategy as Nintendo published titles. The chances of none of those hitting the March timeslot seems quite slim. I'd wager BotW2 as November, Mario + Rabbids 2 as May/June, and Triangle Strategy as June/July. Splatoon 3 needs time to breath so it's probably not holidays, and given Nintendo's tendency to not release games in the same franchise in the same time of year on the same system (what a mouthful), the June-August section is unlikely as well. I'd wager it's going to be either March or May.

link3710

MarioBrickLayer

@link3710 my guesses for 2022 are:-

Jan - Pokemon Arceus
Feb - Donkey Kong
Mar - Zelda Windwaker/Twilight Princess
Apr - Xenoblade chronicles 3
May - Splatoon 3
Jun - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Jul - Project TRIANGLE STRATEGY
Aug - Kirby
Sep - Golden Sun or other GBA/Gamecube remake
Oct - Metroid Prime Trilogy
Nov - BOTW 2

If i'm right, I hope we hear about Donkey Kong in the Direct, I don't think we'll hear about Zelda Windwaker/Twilight Princess until very close to release, if BOTW 2 is delayed, the double pack will be pushed back to November.

PLUS - I think we'll see a new Mario game in 2023 which we might see a trailer for at E3 next year.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic