Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,401 to 9,420 of 9,518

VoidofLight

Oh yeaaah Temtem is getting a release.. I legit forgot that game existed.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheFrenchiestFry

@MarioBrickLayer I had no idea a new Melty Blood game was on the way. Definitely eyeing that now

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Giancarlothomaz

@MarioBrickLayer 2021-2022 is very packed year for Switch, is septembre 2019 2.0 all over 2021-2022, some of this games( may release in 2022-2023 like Metroid Prime and Bayonetta 3)

i like HD Rumble.

MarioBrickLayer

You would only need half of the games without dates plus a bit of extra footage of dated games, throw in a few unannounced titles and you have a direct!

Hopefully there is one more first party game to come before Christmas. Ideally BOTW2 is on track and they announce the WW/TP double pack!

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer The WW/TP double pack isn't happening. Don't get why people think it is. Nintendo confirmed it themselves that the only anniversary game coming out is the port of a 10 year old Wii Game and the Zelda game and watch.

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight I think the double pack is happening, but Nintendo said there are no other Zelda games planned for this year.

I think the theory that they are holding it back to fill the void if BOTW2 is delayed makes total sense, so I think there is a tiny bit of hope that development is going really well and they bring the double pack back into the release calendar this year, I think the chances are low, but I can hope!!

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I agree that it isn't happening this year given the announcement that there's no more games or campaigns planned for the anniversary (also the lineup for the rest of the year is already packed). Outside the anniversary window, at least one of them is likely given they're Wii U ports and Nintendo's already ported most of their Wii U library to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I'm mostly wondering what will happen when Nintendo eventually moves onto the next console, if they don't reveal Metroid Prime Trilogy or Twilight Princess/WindWaker HD double pack. Will people just start saying "Well, Nintendo's repurposing it for the next system!"?

Edited on by VoidofLight

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight I think the next console (beyond the pro) will be compatible with Switch games and may have a shared eshop.

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Prime Trilogy has been circulating around for about 3 years at this point. The Zelda ones have been circulating around for about a year, but all we have is a few rumors which boasted about it being a anniversary announcement, then quickly backtracking when it didn't happen.

GrailUK

Y'know, I don't see why games like Nintendo Land can't come to Switch. I mean, all you need is 2 Switches haha.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

@Slowdive I'll believe it when Nintendo actually announces it. Until then, it's just yet another baseless rumor.

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

The The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess pack is likely in the same position as Metroid Prime Trilogy HD; waiting for a release closer to the bigger game.

What bigger game? Those Zelda games don't have any necessary connection to the BotW sequel, such that you might need to play them first.

You only need to play BotW first, we can presume.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive That was a different instance, and even then, it was a baseless rumor until it was confirmed to be real. All rumors are baseless unless Nintendo confirms otherwise.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Just because they managed to get something right doesn't mean they'll be right all the time. People are quick to take leaker's as the say all be all when it comes to news like this, but in reality that's further from the truth. That's why it's just better in general to wait and see, with Nintendo revealing and confirming it themselves, and without these people trying to "leak" it, only to cause fans to get riled up when it's not true and either attack the people leaking it or attack the company which promised nothing.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive The thing with Metroid Dread is that it was at least confirmed back in a game, and then it all went radio silent, before it unexpectedly came back. Also you'd be surprised on what people would do for clout, even journalists. Not to mention, these Journalists have sources, who in which could be wrong most of the time, or be bad at tipping them off.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive I mean, it's not hard to guess the game could've been a thing. Guess something so many times, and it's bound to come true eventually. Most people were guessing off of the series director wanting to do something with Dread, but never had the proper way of doing it until now. Like eventually, there may be a Metroid Prime Trilogy collection.. but maybe in the distant future, when Nintendo has a new console. Are we going to up and say those leaks were correct too, just because they guessed the obvious, when they guessed it many years before it happened, and kept guessing it until it eventually happened?

If a switch pro does release years from now, are people going to point to these rumors circulating now, and say that it was right, despite them guessing it every single year?

VoidofLight

@Slowdive And those people who are "confirming" it's existence aren't confirming it. It's only confirmed when Nintendo confirms it themselves, not when a "leaker" or "Twitter insider" confirms it. Most of the time, their words mean very little. Intentionally vague, just so that when something doesn't happen, they can say "Well, I never gave a date, so I can't be called out for not being credible!".

That's the issue with modern Nintendo culture. People circulate rumors from these rumormongers, who in actuality don't know anything at all, but like to say that they do, being vague as possible in return. Then gaming news sites perpetuate these rumors, since they come from people who once gotten 3 things right in the past, not understanding that these "Insiders" can always end up being wrong due to their sources.

When things don't end up happening the way that these "insiders" say they will, they then get attacked, or people attack Nintendo, perpetuating the cycle of disappointment which ruins the fun for everyone involved. There's no longer surprises to announcements, since it's either met with extreme disappointment by people who get their hopes high for something different, or if the leakers do end up being correct, they spoiled the reveal and the big surprise factor from the reveal.

Dezzy

@Slowdive

Except I don't think Prime 4 will be coming out until 2023, so Metroid Dread will probably not really be a precursor to it on any reasonable time scale.
They're clearly holding onto Prime Trilogy for that exact reason. They want that to come out about 9-12 months before Prime 4, I'm guessing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

Prime Trilogy could just be another Star Fox Grand Prix situation, where everyone agrees it's real, when it never was, and never was planned to be real. It was a fake leak made up by someone, which everyone bought into, including insiders.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic