Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,381 to 9,400 of 15,874

Grumblevolcano

I'm starting to doubt a general Direct being in the usual slot (later instead), the new Metroid Dread trailer feels like something that would be in a Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Agreed. That felt like the final trailer drop. Though... usually they do label such things as final trailers, and this one is just called Trailer 2. With how close the game is to release, getting another one in a couple of weeks isn't out of the question.

link3710

FragRed

So is the general consensus that there still will be a general Direct in September or is everyone saying it’ll be October because of the Metroid Dread trailer dropping?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think still September but later in the month. Usual slot would be early September (1st or 8th given February 2021 Direct was on a Wednesday) but I think given the Metroid Dread trailer, Direct seems more likely to be after WarioWare.

I'd guess the key thing comes down to when the next Animal Crossing update is and whether it's significant. If it's just repeating the Fall update content of last year (e.g. Halloween event) but with new cosmetics, that wouldn't show up in a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

It's now September which means next general Direct is likely within the next few weeks.

Grumblevolcano

jedgamesguy

Yeah it's time. I'm now officially on edge.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

Is it 3pm in the UK yet?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

I'd love to see a Donkey Kong announcement, if the rumoured game is coming before E3 next year then maybe we could?

@Kirby_EU Maybe to celebrate selling 40m copies of MK8, they could add 4 new characters, karts and tracks?! I don't hold out much hope for this but it would be great if they did, I need a reason to get back into it.

I watched a video on YouTube yesterday from Hyrule News speculating about a new 2D mario game being announced, I doubt that would happen now, but surely we'll see a new mario game (2D or 3D) announced in the next 12 months? Maybe for 2023?

MarioBrickLayer

DannyBoi

I see rumours of GB and GBC coming to switch online. Makes perfect sense, considering nintendo likes to make the service low effort.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NintendoByNature

Much rather have the games available to purchase than add anything new to the service. That's just my opinion though.

NintendoByNature

Maaryotyme

It’s coming. I feel it. It’s like that thickly nose that just want to sneeze

Maaryotyme

BrazillianCara

It always irks me when people presume laziness or lack of effort to things that could be explained by outside factors or an annoying roadmap. You can't just assume the worst all the time.

Anyway, a Direct this month is likely, but I'm not placing any bets.

BrazillianCara

Mgalens

@NintendoByNature
yeah thats how i feel regarding the legacy content.
would be nice to have it as a perk for NSO subscribers but also have a "buy and keep" option like what they do on xbox.

(also adding folders)

Mgalens

RR529

Not sure if it'd be a good fit for a Direct so I don't know if this means anything or not, but Nintendo just announced a new Brain Training in a standalone trailer.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Im not sure how good each company is at guessing/working out when each other are going to hold these kinds of things, but I think you are right. If Nintendo are holding a Direct this month, it would benefit them to do it the following week.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Kirby_EU

Kirby_EU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic