Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,361 to 9,380 of 15,461

Anti-Matter

Check out playasia.
Oftenly there are some games announced without Nintendo Direct.

Anti-Matter

link3710

I'm assuming the direct will heavily lean on content updates. Probably another New Pokemon Snap update, that promised Animal Crossing content, the final Smash character, Hyrule Warriors final dlc, Mario Tennis Aces content update, that's 5 pieces of news in that alone.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 And that’s all before we even start looking at games revealed during E3. I don’t know how much more can be shown for something like Advance Wars 1 & 2 as they’re remakes but I’m sure there’s still something they can showcase in other titles.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

VoidofLight

The direct is probably going to be about content updates, a few new games, news on titles for the rest of this year, and a bit of news on next year’s titles.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Kirby_EU

Is there any indication that Pokemon Generation 9 could be introduced soon?

Kirby_EU

link3710

@Kirby_EU Absolutely not this year at least. Next year is a crapshoot as always.

link3710

Anti-Matter

Kirby_EU wrote:

Is there any indication that Pokemon Generation 9 could be introduced soon?

Maybe on February 2022.
Man... 3 years passing was so fast.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Kirby_EU No. It's not going to happen this year, and it's pretty much not happening next year, given that Legends releases early next year, and they probably won't have gen 9 ready until 2023 at the earliest.

Grumblevolcano

I'd guess Gen 9 ends up being 2026 with Legends Arceus DLC and Gen 5 remakes happening before, maybe also Gen 2 re-remakes if the Let's Go series continues.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano Judging by patterns, gen 5 remakes won't be until Gen 10, which will be a whiles off, and probably on the next Nintendo console entirely.

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight Back before BDSP both the new games and the remakes were done by Game Freak so naturally the existence of new games would increase the gap between remakes. BDSP is the beginning of ILCA just doing remakes so I'd guess the gap between remakes will be smaller kind of like how about every 2 years we get a new port/remaster/remake from Grezzo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano But Legends is being made by gamefreak, which is akin to Sinnoh Remakes, if not on a bigger scale.

link3710

@VoidofLight There's no reason to assume that the classic style remakes and the Legends subseries will need to continue releasing in lockstep. Now that TPC has established both exist as separate things, the classic style remakes could continue on a faster schedule, while Legends is on the slower GF timeline.

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 Yes, I know, but given the patterns, they always release remakes every gen that’s multiplied by 2, save for gen 1’s remake. Gen 2 was remade in gen 4, gen 3 in 6, gen 4 in 8. So it would be safe to assume, even if they do have ILLCA, or someone else outsource the development of remakes, that Gen 5 will be remade in Gen 10.

link3710

@VoidofLight I think it's a good time to consider if that pattern will hold though. Don't forgot, we got a Gen VII - Gen I remake which already through off the pattern. It think we'll see ILCA take over the Let's Go series as well, and alternate between doing Let's Go style remakes and BDSP style remakes each gen.

EDIT: Also keep in mind... the pattern wasn't necessarily TPC's goal, so much as an effect of the manpower they had. By adding a new studio, a new pattern should logically emerge. I think you have the cause and effect backward.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 The pattern set in place makes sense though, given that the opposing Gen usually has similar themes shared with the one that gets remade. Such as Sword and Shield introducing regional evolutions, which go hand and hand with Sinnoh's thing on evolutions.

Let's Go was a remake, yes, but it's also it's own series, so it doesn't count within this pattern. If I had to guess Legends and Let's Go will swap out every other gen, where in Gen 9 we'll get Let's Go, and then in Gen 10 we'll get Legends Kyurem and Black and White remakes.

jump

@VoidofLight Sword and Shield didn't introduce regional evolutions, they have been around since Sun and Moon.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump Actually, Sword and Shield did introduce regional evolutions. Sun and Moon introduced regional variants.

Kirby_EU

Kirby_EU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic