Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,341 to 9,360 of 15,881

Magician

That Indie World was better than I expected. Two of my five hopefuls showed up, Loop Hero and Necrobarista. Lots of shadow drops. Good stuff, 8/10.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I feel like that’s spot on, given that the Japanese pre-orders for Arceus and BDSP open up at the end of the month, so we have to get some news for it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

Pokemon Presents on August 18th which explains Indie World being early.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

Sweet. So we've had an Indie World, Pokemon Presents next week. I suppose it's a lock for a September Direct then with this burst of infomation. Hmm...what happened to Partner Showcases?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Giancarlothomaz That's a very sensible guess And to be totally honest, the hierarchy of Nintendo deserved their pay rise this year because they have played the economic situation during the last 2 years brilliantly. I think the OLED is going to give Switch yet another boost without having to offer an upgrade in performance which they can do even later on. So, the way I see it, their future is very bright...which is why I don't get investors or analysts at all.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Huh, I was assuming the Pokemon Presents was this year's September direct, but I guess it might not be.

link3710

Euler

This must be the one where they're revealing the Switch Pro. Wild Card!

Euler

VoidofLight

@Euler Yeah! And Miyamoto comes onto the stage to announce Kirby Star allies 2, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Anti-Matter

September 2021 probably for Nintendo Direct again.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Wednesday September 1st, it's happening, probably, maybe.

NintendoByNature

Magician

Probably not until early next year.

I think the schedule through January is already pretty well stacked.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician Doubt it. They always have a September direct to show off more of the games coming out within October, November, and December, as well as some new games coming the next year, and some games we already know about, but not enough details.

Grumblevolcano

@Magician @VoidofLight I think there'll be a September general Direct as normal and function like the September 2019 Direct.

At this point in 2019 we already knew on the Nintendo published front:

• August 30th - Astral Chain
  • September 13th - Daemon X Machina
  • September 20th - Link's Awakening
  • September 27th - DQXIS
  • October 18th - Ring Fit Adventure
  • October 31st - Luigi's Mansion 3
  • November 5th - Mario & Sonic 2020
  • November 15th - Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • March 20th 2020 - Animal Crossing New Horizons

We also already knew a load of 3rd party titles not published by Nintendo so overall Nintendo could technically have waited until January 2020 for a Direct with things like TMS#FE Encore being announced in a social media post but they did a September general Direct which was heavily reminding people of already announced games coming soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

nitrolink

We have Nintendo's entire release schedule until February, so I'm not really expecting a direct.

nitrolink

MarioBrickLayer

Assuming the rumoured Donkey Kong game is coming early next year (March or April) I would hope we'd see a trailer for it.

I don't think it's a reasonable expectation for Nintendo to announce another game for release between now and January, but there are enough 3rd party games without dates and 1st party games where more info could be shared to justify a direct. But who knows with Nintendo!!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic