Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,221 to 9,240 of 9,425

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike We don't know the quality of the game though. People are all saying "GAME'S RUSHED" the moment the release date even got revealed.. but we don't know the quality. All we have right now is a trailer made from an old build from December of 2020. Purposely made that way to obscure features.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

jump

@link3710 My best guess is The Pokemon Company are high and think Pokemon is too big to fail so just release it Jan as that’s when it’s ready.

If it’s solo focussed then there’s a good chance it will be an evergreen unlike the past games where they drop off when the next one is out so it doesn’t really matter when it’s released.

Or it’s a dud so they have dropped it in the dud month.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

EOTW

@VoidofLight I dunno, I feel like that's a fair statement... for any other dev besides Gamefreak. I've been burned by them too many times, honestly all it would take for me to believe they rushed a game is to hear that it was announced lol.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

VoidofLight

@EOTW I still think people shouldn't make assumptions when the game isn't even out. When it's out, and if it's a garbage fire, then it's fair.. but anything other than that isn't.

But, what do I expect from pokemon fans honestly? Pokemon fans hate pokemon the most out of anyone else.

link3710

@VoidofLight I mean, it's true. Anyone who's stuck with Pokemon the past decade has been unbelievably burned over and over and over again. Of course they don't hold GameFreak in high opinion.

Personally, I'll just do a replay of Platinum when BDSP comes out and probably be the happier for it. (Unless the Battle Frontier returns, in which case I'll follow my word from earlier this year and actually buy it. But we all know that won't happen.)

Edited on by link3710

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 I've been burned, but I'm still hopeful that one of these days they'll put out something good. I've been burned since gen 6, but I'm still giving them a shot and hoping one day the games will get better. Arceus seems to be them trying something new, which I'm excited for honestly, and I'm really hoping it'll turn out well. For me, I'm withholding judgement of the game's state until it actually, you know, releases.

As for BDSP, I'm also excited for that, mainly because I never got to play the original games, and my Platinum cartridge no longer works. I heard Gen 4 were pretty slow anyways.

EOTW

@link3710 Yeah, I'm definitely in that camp. Can't say I care too much for the franchise anymore considering how crummy they've been. Wouldn't touch a new game until I see outstanding reviews, but it's hard to believe that will happen with the current model they have.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'd guess it's because of BotW 2. I did think they'd release in the same month (March 2022) but perhaps TPC wouldn't feel confident in it doing well enough if it was released too close or after BotW 2 so chose January instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

link3710 wrote:

Personally, I'll just do a replay of Platinum when BDSP comes out and probably be the happier for it.

That's what I'll most likely do as well, but that's not because I think it'll be bad, just because it seems like a very faithful remake from what we've seen so I don't see any reason to buy it when I have Platinum. As one of the (seemingly) few who really enjoyed Sun/Moon, I'm not as negative on modern Pokémon as a lot of people are, but I have to admit I've felt a bit burned out on it after the last few games. I'm excited that they're finally doing something new with Legends Arceus, I just hope it lives up to its potential.

Dogorilla

link3710

@VoidofLight Yeah, OG Gen 4 (Diamond and Pearl) were horrendously slow, but that was fixed in Platinum. In general, Gen IV started out super rough and bleh compared to most gens, but all the Platinum changes make it one of my favorites. Upgraded trainer rosters, significantly expanded Pokedex (notably DP doesn't have fire types outside of the starters... Despite having a fire type gym leader), a significant difficulty increase, better routing, a more sensible story etc.

...which is another reason why I don't have faith in the remakes, but that's neither here nor there. We shall see how much of Platinums QoL fixes and additional content are maintained.

link3710

BongoBongo

So how far are we stretching the definition of “26 May”?

BongoBongo

VoidofLight

@BongoBongo It's safe to say that there's probably no Nintendo at e3 announcement today. Nintendo never really makes announcements this late.

TheJGG

BongoBongo wrote:

So how far are we stretching the definition of “26 May”?

I never believed that. But it’s almost 10pm right now on the West Coast so maybe Nintendo’s doing a sneaky midnight reveal?

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

VoidofLight

It's safe to say that the 26th of May rumor was 100% false, given that it's now the 27th, and Nintendo didn't announce anything at all yesterday.

VoidofLight

I still don’t buy that Nintendo would be dumb enough to release a big new console iteration during a literal chip drought, allowing the scalpers to take as much as they want.. but it’ll be ironic to see this forum, and nintendo youtubers go insane when they realize you can’t even buy the consoles.

Balta666

@BongoBongo if the rumors are accurate and is going to replace the current model I cannot see it having that big of a boost in power... But apparantely we will know as soon as today...

Balta666

jump

@BongoBongo shares prices are not actually directly connected to the company’s performance. If they have gone share prices are rising so a new Switch is coming then they are rubbish analysts since the (empty or otherwise) rumours would have the same effect of rising shares.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

BongoBongo wrote:

The Switch Pro rumours are starting to sound a bit more credible:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-27/nintendo-p...

Apparently an announcement pre E3 - this analysis appears to be mainly based off recent share price rises so obviously not conclusive.

If you read the article it's not. Their source is "people familiar with the matter" which, frankly, is about all you can ever get before an official announcement. The comment about the share price isn't really anything more than proof that people are willing to put money on the line for it. Presumably because people with money have their own "people familiar with the matter" who are relaying to them the good news of "decent supply for a Switch revision coming soon".

Basically, Bloomberg's source is saying the announcement is imminent. Which in itself is a pretty good indication because if it's not then they'll have egg on their face. Then separately people with money are agreeing with Bloomberg's assessment because, at this point, the Switch Pro is a secret to everybody

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic