Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,201 to 9,220 of 15,474

VoidofLight

Yeah, the collection is real.. despite Nintendo confirming there’s no more Zelda games to announce this year.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

If the Wii U ports came to Switch, I think it would be a February 2022 release and then BotW 2 in November 2022. Early on in every year has been a Wii U port:

• 2017 - Yoshi's Woolly World (February, 3DS), BotW (March, Switch)
  • 2018 - Bayonetta 1+2 (February, Switch)
  • 2019 - NSMBU Deluxe (January, Switch)
  • 2020 - TMS#FE Encore (January, Switch)
  • 2021 - 3D World + Bowser's Fury (February, Switch)

As Pokemon Legends Arceus is in January, Wii U port is most likely for February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Euler

They’re running out of Wii U ports. Ports from now on will be from other systems (Wii, GameCube, DS, etc).

Euler

Magician

@Euler

Skies of Arcadia Legend on Switch is all that I ask.

Come on Sega, you're giving us Super Monkey Ball 1&2 soon, now go the distance.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Grumblevolcano To strengthen your point, Hyrule Warriors Legends was January 2016 as well, so that's another year back.

Honestly, it pretty much has to be XCX or Woolly World for the next Wii U port... unless they really thing Color Splash is worth giving another shot.

link3710

RR529

link3710 wrote:

Honestly, it pretty much has to be XCX or Woolly World for the next Wii U port... unless they really thing Color Splash is worth giving another shot.

Unless they decide to dredge up Devil's Third, lol (hey, other bombs like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Wonderful 101, & Fatal Frame got/are getting second chances, so why not. Like the latter two it'd probably be self published by the dev & go multiplat though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 If Zelda Wii U ports ended up being a surprise release for later this year (doubt it), Kirby and the Rainbow Curse could be the early 2022 Wii U port as part of Kirby 30th anniversary celebrations using Joy-Con motion controls and Pro controller gyro for docked/tabletop modes meanwhile handheld gets touch screen functionality like on Wii U. It's how Nintendo got around the touch screen situation for the Captain Toad and 3D World ports.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

Don't give me hope...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

link3710

@RR529 Given that the devs of Devil's Third haven't released anything since the failed PC port of Devil's Third, that almost certainly won't happen.

@Grumblevolcano I totally forgot that was an option. If HAL outsourced the port I could see that being a thing. NES Remix 1+2 also seems like it'd show up at some point or other.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano IDK, motion controls aren't quite as precise as touch controls, that might not work well. I'd love to take a crack at games like Rainbow Curse and Ranger, but I don't think they'd work well on the Switch. They really need a dual screen clamshell design back for things like that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MarioBrickLayer

Untitled

Of the 2021 releases without a release date, which would be announced in a Direct and which would do their own thing? Nintendo will announce Cruis'n Blast but Shredders Revenge will probably get its own announcement.

Some might get their own announcements but be part of a sizzle real such as lego star wars?

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

Oh yeaaah Temtem is getting a release.. I legit forgot that game existed.

TheFrenchiestFry

@MarioBrickLayer I had no idea a new Melty Blood game was on the way. Definitely eyeing that now

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

MarioBrickLayer

You would only need half of the games without dates plus a bit of extra footage of dated games, throw in a few unannounced titles and you have a direct!

Hopefully there is one more first party game to come before Christmas. Ideally BOTW2 is on track and they announce the WW/TP double pack!

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer The WW/TP double pack isn't happening. Don't get why people think it is. Nintendo confirmed it themselves that the only anniversary game coming out is the port of a 10 year old Wii Game and the Zelda game and watch.

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight I think the double pack is happening, but Nintendo said there are no other Zelda games planned for this year.

I think the theory that they are holding it back to fill the void if BOTW2 is delayed makes total sense, so I think there is a tiny bit of hope that development is going really well and they bring the double pack back into the release calendar this year, I think the chances are low, but I can hope!!

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I agree that it isn't happening this year given the announcement that there's no more games or campaigns planned for the anniversary (also the lineup for the rest of the year is already packed). Outside the anniversary window, at least one of them is likely given they're Wii U ports and Nintendo's already ported most of their Wii U library to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

VoidofLight

I'm mostly wondering what will happen when Nintendo eventually moves onto the next console, if they don't reveal Metroid Prime Trilogy or Twilight Princess/WindWaker HD double pack. Will people just start saying "Well, Nintendo's repurposing it for the next system!"?

Edited on by VoidofLight

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight I think the next console (beyond the pro) will be compatible with Switch games and may have a shared eshop.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic