Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,121 to 9,140 of 15,923

Euler

Netflix, folders, better menu interface, more console options on NSO/return of Virtual Console, and joycons that don't drift?

Speaking of which, wasn't this supposed to be the Big Day? What happened, I wonder?

Edited on by Euler

Euler

VoidofLight

@Euler the people who leaked it are just making things up, that's why there's been no reveal. They're going to move the goal post, saying it "got delayed". Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't announce it by e3, and these leakers move the goal post to July, then August, then September.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

@Euler If the retailer rumour is true, announcement is hours away (preorders opening around midnight would suggest announcement is close to midnight).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano They're not going to reveal a console close to midnight. Never happened before, and it's a bad idea to do it now, given that most people have work in the morning and will miss the pre-order period due to scalper bots.

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

Probably will sell out quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano unlikely to happen the anouncemt of this suposed Switch Pro, can Nintendo secure enough parts for it production?we are in the middle of a chip shortage, can Nintendo secure enough parts for it production and also Switch and Switch Lite?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight Not exactly the same given the Switch was teased 3 months earlier but Switch preorders went live at midnight eastern time, straight after the Switch Presentation. Nintendo prioritized the timing of the January 2017 Switch Presentation for Japan which meant it was at early morning for Europe and late evening/night for NA. Given preorders went live at 9pm pacific time/midnight eastern time/5am UK time/6am central Europe time, etc., your best bet of being able to preorder the Switch was going to a physical retailer that opened after that time.

Can't say I'd be surprised either way. If Switch revision preorders happened near midnight, Nintendo has set precedent for this in the past but if it doesn't then mirroring the Switch approach back in 2017 would be an easy rumour to fake.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

@VoidofLight Nintendo would never be able to reveal a console at a time where everyone in the world can preorder something. It’s always going to be midnight somewhere.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

VoidofLight

@ToadBrigade Yeah, it's safe to say that it's not happening. It's too late for Nintendo to make an announcement today, and I doubt they'll just randomly drop a direct at midnight to reveal it, without announcing something first.

DannyBoi

so no pro announcement?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

Nintendo can always surprise us by drop the announcement anytime they want.
We will never know their secrets.
Just do your daily life normally without getting anxious by uncertain rumours.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Nintendo can always surprise us by drop the announcement anytime they want.
We will never know their secrets.

I absolutely agree. This will no doubt consume some people entirely if they invest in these rumours too long.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Anti-Matter

No! Noooooooo!

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioVillager92

DannyBoi wrote:

so no pro announcement?

@DannyBoi We don't know for sure, but I kinda doubt it. I wouldn't get your hopes up for that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter Not seen one of your posts in a while, man. Hope you are well.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

Magician wrote:

No! Noooooooo!

Me when they decide to delay Zelda to next christmas instead for even further polishing:

"No!!!! The line must be drawn here. This far and no further."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

crazyhorse2352

leak-

times are approximate, translated from italian

Opener: Smash Bros Fighter Pack 10: Crash Bandicoot (3 min) Intro (1 min) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel title reveal trailer + presentation, 35th anniversary update (8 min) WarioWareWorld reveal trailer (2 min) Mario Golf Super Rush launch trailer (3 min) CAPCOM titles coming to Nintendo Switch presentation ft. Hironobu Takeshi (4 min) Smash Bros Fighter Pack 11: Dante + Masahiro Sakurai update (5 min) Bayonetta 3: Nightsworn trailer + gameplay showcase (4 min) Reckless Knights reveal trailer (2 min) More great titles coming to Nintendo Switch! (4 min) One Last Thing (<1 min) Donkey Kong Forever reveal trailer (4 min)

crazyhorse2352

MrGawain

If I was in charge of Nintendo, the last thing I would want to do is make an announcement in June that says "Don't buy a Switch for four months, there's a better one coming."

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

jump

@MrGawain Why June? As that applies any time though, announce it in Feb "Don't buy a Switch for four months, there's a better one coming.", announce it in July "Don't buy a Switch for four months, there's a better one coming.", announce it in Oct "Don't buy a Switch for four months, there's a better one coming.".

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MrGawain

@jump

Exactly. If they're going to announce a new model, they won't reveal it until as close to release as possible. Why would you deter the consumer buying through your product for 4 entire months?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic