Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 9,041 to 9,060 of 15,986

kkslider5552000

jump wrote:

I find it odd they didn't do a Direct recently, they have announced a couple of new games and have done data dumps for a few already announced games too. Whilst Game Builder Garage being announced or an overview trailer to Mario Golf aren't internet breaking if they had topped it off with the rumoured "Pro" reveal it woud have been Direct worthy whilst not affecting their material they have for a big E3. They could have even included whatever casual games they may have lined up like a new Style Savvy, Fitness Boxing, Clubhouse Games or whatever since showing them off to E3 gamers will just elicit comments of "boring".

Well stupid people got butthurt at the Direct earlier this year because they hate 90% of good games, so I can't imagine how a much lighter Direct would've been received.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 It’s more that people had higher expectations. I wouldn’t call something like skyward sword hd a “good game”.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

VoidofLight wrote:

It’s more that people had higher expectations. I wouldn’t call something like skyward sword hd a “good game”.

I agree with much of the complaints of how the remake is being sold, but it will still be an excellent game that was surrounded by constant interesting and high quality games. Like even the one that was an actual bad part of the Direct, the EA dodgeball game thing, is apparently really good!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

Still no info on when nintendo is doing their direct huh?

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Slowdive gotcha. Didn't an insider mention nintendo would reveal their plans for e3 this week?

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@NintendoByNature The insider buzz is that Nintendo will announce the revised switch hardware before E3, so other companies at E3 can reveal their games that are coming to the Switch. E3 is June 12-15. We've got two weeks until then.

Which... makes me think. If this is true, will one or more of these new games from other companies look like they need more power than the current switch has? I mean, if the new games didn't look suspicious, then Nintendo wouldn't have to announce the revised hardware before E3.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

VoidofLight

I'm fully expecting nothing but an e3 direct announcement incoming for the next two weeks.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

link3710

@WoomyNNYes They still would. It'd be a PR nightmare to announce a game for Switch, then have to later reveal it's actually only for a brand new model.

link3710

Joe-b

@Slowdive that would be great to see some Dreamcast or Master System IP's

Joe-b

Joe-b

@timleon yah, maybe it's the original stuff that's been over done

Joe-b

Joe-b

@jump correct. What I'm saying is that I'm a Master System die hard and a Sega fan since the 80's but even a fan like me can see their guns are empty with Sonic remakes all over the place. That's all I was saying.

Joe-b

jump

link3710 wrote:

They still would. It'd be a PR nightmare to announce a game for Switch, then have to later reveal it's actually only for a brand new model.

Yeah, there’s precedent with Twilight Princess and Breath Of The Wild too.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

The insider buzz is that Nintendo will announce the revised switch hardware before E3, so other companies at E3 can reveal their games that are coming to the Switch. E3 is June 12-15. We've got two weeks until then.

Which... makes me think. If this is true, will one or more of these new games from other companies look like they need more power than the current switch has? I mean, if the new games didn't look suspicious, then Nintendo wouldn't have to announce the revised hardware before E3.

I saw a post by a journo, they are saying the E3 app opens for the media on the 7th June so presumably it will be announced before then at the very latest to avoid the risk of it’s showcasing without Nintendo in control of it.

It could just be the case the want the game too look as good as possible so they want to show it in 400k and 1080fps or whatever rather than the OG Switch showing it in less than its shiniest state.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump What is the app for journalists supposed to provide? Surely it doesn't give details on the games that are to be announced as that would be incredibly risky though would explain all the leaks in previous years.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@FragRed Apparently it's an asset list and that type of thing. It's quite normal to being given the material just before the announcement so they can get the article ready as soon as possible, in the past once the press release and other material are given the journos can't use them til they are told they are allowed to but with this being an app outside of their control I'd imagine there's more risk. Like Ninty may not add their stuff til their day but Ubisoft or whoever may casually mention Immortals will have Switch Pro support on it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DannyBoi

Introducing the Nintendo switch pro and knuckles, featuring dante from the devil may cry series. It looks into your original switch or switch v2. Becoming the new Nintendo switch 3d's xl. With two switches combined, it is now 2× as powerful as the ps5 and Xbox series x. How your playing with power, Nintendo power!

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

FragRed

@jump Oh ok, I understand now. Though still sounds way too risky from a leaking point of view. Companies like Ubisoft struggle as it is to keep games a secret.

Koch Media have a live stream on 11th June. Dunno if they’d announce anything for the Switch, but that again it brings the potential latest date for a Switch Pro reveal forward to 10th June.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic