Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,981 to 9,000 of 15,822

VoidofLight

Do we really need a "insider" to tell us that this is happening? We already could guess this by it literally being 2 weeks before e3.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

thoughtsponge

Would it be too much to ask for a release of Shenmue 1, 2, and 3?

thoughtsponge

VoidofLight

@Balta666 I'm negative because we keep getting all of these "Leaks" posted in a channel about serious discussion. These insiders are stating the obvious, and there's really no reason to post them as "Truth", when they're literally just guessing.

VoidofLight

@Balta666 But the thing is, we don't need an insider to know that we're gonna get news some time this week or sometime next week. It's again, common sense. Nintendo wouldn't just do a direct without announcing their plans for one first, at least for e3.

jump

VoidofLight wrote:

Do we really need a "insider" to tell us that this is happening? We already could guess this by it literally being 2 weeks before e3.

Sounds like you’re jelly over not predicting it first. ;p

The entire thread is just speculation apart of which is talking about rumours, it’s seems more silly to not discuss strong rumours than bemoan them all. There isn’t a mandatory need to post a reply to everything so if something doesn’t interest you like rumours then just read it and move.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I'm just tired of people treating rumors as fact, then ending up disappointed in the end when they happen to just be farces. I also hate it when people attack developers due to setting their expectations too high due to a rumor.

jump

@VoidofLight Whilst those are valid enough reasons the thing is people in the thread aren’t treating them like fact or attacking developers though.

The funny thing is people use to rib Slowdive for chasing rumours all the time but because you are going after his posts/rumours so hard it causes people to defend it more than they actually believe in them.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BabyYoda71

I personally am fine with leaks/rumours existing, and I’m fine with reading them, but I never take them too seriously. They’re just what might happen, but nothing’s confirmed so even if I believe it, I don’t rely on it.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

VoidofLight

But if a person with a perfect track record leaks something, they can be wrong about it. You shouldn't take leaks as gospel just because someone got 99% of them right. There's always the chance that eventually they will end up getting something wrong, and that's how people start to get mad, as they believe everything which comes out of that person's mouth is going to 100% happen.

BabyYoda71

@Slowdive If you don’t get your hopes up, you won’t be disappointed. I don’t think much about rumours and I probably never will, but everyone else is allowed to. I just won’t personally.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm along the "that'd be cool if it does happen" sort of approach to the leaks of stuff I would like to see or that I know plenty do want But I'm aware that even the best can get things wrong or that something that was planned might be canned before it ever got officially revealed, along with other changes of plans
I don't see why we can't reasonably discuss such things here just because some might put too much faith in them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

I treat 'insiders', 'leaks' and 'rumours' as just gossip. If anyone read Super Play, they might remember an article by two robots called Kris and Tel called Blabbermouth. Back then, it was half a page, once a month. These days, the internet kinda makes it incessant, but it's still just gossip. Don't fall in to the trap of hanging on to the words of these folk. Nice if they come true, but no biggy if they don't.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Euler

Here's a fun little puzzle: imagine one of these really credible leakers posts over at Reset Era that Nintendo's going to make an announcement before E3, but it will be a surprise when it is. So, it can't be on the 11th because that is the last day and everyone will be expecting it by then so there's no surprise. Likewise it can't be on the 10th because we know it's not on the 11th so everyone will be expecting it by then too. Likewise for the 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, and so on all the way back to May 25th. So what gives? When can Nintendo actually make its surprise announcement?

Euler

GrailUK

@Slowdive Gossip is simply informal chat not comfirmed to be true Doesn't have to be sensationalised (although it often does by some media outlets lol). But you are right. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jedgamesguy

Slowdive wrote:

Tomorrow (the 26th) we should hear about Nintendo's plans. Maybe there won't even be a Treehouse. Keep in mind that this year is different.

Today's a brand new day, so we'll cancel you if it doesn't happen!

Kidding, tomorrow's already got enough gaming content to turn me into a gamer foie gras.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@Slowdive I remember that article. I took it to mean less about something like Donkey Kong Racing or Project Hammer and more about the (at the time) recently canned 3DS games. As Mario & Luigi flopped hard Nintendo cancelled all their 3DS projects so it’s quite easy to imagine them being revived for Switch instead later

Although I hope if it’s real it’s Next Level Games’ canned Mario wrestling game as it sounded brilliant.

Also at this point I think Retro have worked on more canned games than they have actual games. Their Zelda game sounded weird where you control Sheik in the Link has died timeline plus they had a Twisted Metal type game so I wouldn’t mind those two back. It’s weird that Retro was created to be Nintendo’s adult gaming studio but haven’t produced an “adult” game in 15 years.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic