Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,981 to 9,000 of 9,203

Giancarlothomaz

@Bolt_Strike a 3D Donkey Kong game with some beat up elements might work or not, this rumored Donkey Kong game not be another Donkey Kong 64, is a plus to everyone.

i like HD Rumble.

Snaplocket

@VoidofLight I doubt that, look at the number of other RPGs releasing around the same time or the numerous instances of similar games being released around the same time. Releasing multiple games at similar times isn't as detrimental to sales at it was in the past. I'm certain Stories 2 will sell at least half a million given the amount of promotion.

As for a game selling well despite minimal effort, well, just look at Pokemon. Franchising goes a long way.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

DannyBoi

Do you think the switch will beat the ps2 sales?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

Do you think the switch will beat the ps2 sales?

Maybe someday...

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Balta666

@DannyBoi it depends on the longevity of its "family of systems". If there is not a meaningful pro model I would expect it to finish in the 120-130M

Balta666

MarioBrickLayer

@DannyBoi @Balta666 Software sales are already way ahead. after 4 years the PS2 had sold 350m games, as of December (so 3 years and 9 months into the Switch life) it has sold 532m games. Admittedly, the eshop and indies (to a degree) weren't a thing on the PS2.

MarioBrickLayer

Balta666

@MarioBrickLayer I am assuming @dannyboi was talking hardware sales as ps2 is the best selling console of all time. As you mention it is not fair to compare it software wise as people buy more games nowadays (also by those standards PS4 is the one to beat)

Balta666

Clammy

June is but 4 or 5 weeks away (can’t be bothered to actually check calendar)

Clammy

anoyonmus

Since Nintendo will be present at E3, I don't think we will see another direct in May

anoyonmus

jump

With the exception of last year (coivd) they have pretty much always done a mini/indie/showcase/special Direct in May even though E3 is coming. No one is expecting a proper full fat Direct until E3.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@anoyonmus

It depends on what Nintendo intends to show at E3. We could get a Partner Showcase in May or E3 could be the unofficial partner showcase if there isn't much first party stuff ready to be shown. But...we'll see.

Switch Physical Collection - 709 games (as of May 12th, 2021)
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Giancarlothomaz

@DannyBoi in japan or worldwide?, japan yes, but worldwide depend if Nintendo keep the amazing suport of Switch, Switch might end with 120/135 milions consoles sold or more at the end of it lifecycle.

i like HD Rumble.

Anti-Matter

@FragRed

I really wish Konami want to port their DDR A20+ to Nintendo Switch / PS4.
I'm only interested by BEMANI games from Konami.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

kkslider5552000

Most people don't know this for some reason, but one time a few years ago, Konami failed to show up then too. Except they never told anyone. They were supposed to have an early morning event, and then it just didn't happen, for no reason.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Dezzy

Didn't realize Konami was still actually making real games to be honest.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

Man, Nintendo are desperate to sell the switch(I'm referencing the 30 million switches Nintendo are making for this year). It's not like they aren't selling enough to begin with.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Balta666

@DannyBoi bear in mind the report talks about producing up to 30M and not that they expect them to sell that much. With all the problems in hardware manufacturing atm they may be trying to speed up the process by ordering in bigger bulk

Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic