Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 15,874

Magician

@Slowdive

The only DQ I know of that doesn't have a release window is Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai.

It hasn't even been officially announced for Switch yet, but considering how popular the Switch is...it has to be a lock, right?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

If they do announce a new Mario Party, I'll probably wait for reviews before buying it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

So I just realized that this is probably partially a way for them to test out people playing online in Super Mario Party before they announce a sequel that will inevitably have far more people play online.

Otherwise this is the most bizarre update ever. In a good way.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

Bizarre yet fascinating. It would be so off the wall to provide a substantial update( first one in years from what I recall)and announce a new game just a couple months later. Somethings going on..

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

jump

I think it's less about Mario Party and more about the online imo.

It's been a couple of years of NSO revenue being better than expected so they want to make the most of it. They have got new servers and want to emphasis their online play so a game like Mario Party which is such obvious one get's it plugged in to convert non-NSO subscribers who play it, same with Splatoon 3 coming out of no where and is their big online title.

At least it's better than when Ninty tried Federation Force and Tri Star Heroes to lead their online play.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@NintendoByNature

The Super Mario Party online update makes the possibility of a sequel being announced much less likely, at least for a couple or few years. And here some folks assumed a sequel would coming soon.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

Nintendo has seemingly gone out of their way to use anything EXCEPT a better online service to sell their online service, so I have my doubts here. It should be, but its nearly the last thing I expect from Nintendo at this point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Magician

LRG have had their own E3 presentation the past few years.

What are the chances Doom Eternal will be this year's "one more thing" announcement from LRG?

rockodoodle

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nintendo has seemingly gone out of their way to use anything EXCEPT a better online service to sell their online service, so I have my doubts here. It should be, but its nearly the last thing I expect from Nintendo at this point.

It’s like they let the interns design, run and market it.

rockodoodle

jump

@kkslider5552000 true but they have just gone to the effort of getting better servers so they are improving it already. Besides Ninty doing something they are not expected to do sounds like something I would expect Ninty to do.

I might be wrong, I might be right but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a renewed focus with online multiplayer with games like Metroid Prime 4 having a multiplayer option mandated by Ninty.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DannyBoi

I do find it strange that super Mario party got an online update.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

dionysos283

This update comes in the midst of a pandemic, so that people can play with friends and family while social distancing. This makes it more likely that more people will buy Switches / copies of Super Mario Party. Why do people find this update strange?

dionysos283

Magician

@Balta666 @dionysos283

It's bizarre in the sense that it took two and a half years to implement extended online options that should've been available at the launch of the game. It's been such a stretch of time that folks just assume Nintendo were saving these new online options for the inevitable sequel.

jump

The Mario Party developer team aren't the most proflic, with them just doing Clubhouse (I know it's a budget release) and released less than a year ago I can't see them having a new game ready this year just yet.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

jump wrote:

The Mario Party developer team aren't the most proflic, with them just doing Clubhouse (I know it's a shovelware)....

Oh I can't agree with that. Clubhouse Games is a cut above being shovelware. How...dare you.
Untitled

ok1

@jump Most people say clubhouse games is much better than Mario party, have you played the game.

hello

jump

@ok1 I'm sure Clubhouse games is the AAA of shovelware but the implications of me calling it shovelware was that it's a relativity easy game to develop rather than it's the typical quality of what you would expect it to be.

Nicolai wrote:

Bolt_Strike

Eh, mini game collections tend not to be AAA quality games. Those types of games are more quantity over quality. That's not to say they can't be enjoyed, they're just not the kinds of big budget, jaw dropping experiences you would expect from a $60 retail game. So it shouldn't be surprising for a game like Clubhouse Games to be met with a reaction of "Meh" and called "shovelware". Doubly so when said collection is made up of centuries old board games that have been around long before the invention of video games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic