Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,641 to 8,660 of 15,872

DannyBoi

@MetalToad 😂😂😂 being legitimately serious, is it unusual for maintenance like this?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

FragRed

@MetalToad @jump It’s the Nintendo x Microsoft thing we been seeing rumours for. The Switch will be running Windows 10 Home Edition complete with Office and malware, I mean spyware installed for complete piece of mind.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
It just only server maintenance.
And what will you think ?
A sudden Nintendo direct ?

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@DannyBoi Probably for the Monster Hunter thing tomorrow, since the game's going to get a massive update and a presentation.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I'm just assuming that New Horizons is probably dead at this point support-wise. We'll get refreshers for the holidays, but we won't get any of the missing content people are clamoring for.

kkslider5552000

To be fair, New Life had a huge update 3 1/2 years in, you shouldn't assume anything by this point.

And tbh, most of my biggest problems with the games have never to do with things not in it (or at least things that would be in content updates). Doubling down on lacking characterization for villagers is the worst decision they made in the game, by a gigantic margin. This has been a problem tbh since they decided to make Animal Crossing sequels.

Society if animals in New Horizons had memorable personalities: https://i.redd.it/o3c4eynhce361.jpg

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 The thing is though, New Leaf was a complete game at launch. New Horizons released with less content than New Leaf, and it's double the price. The lack of life sim elements and focus on building just feels.. like a huge downgrade to New Leaf, in which was able to keep both balanced.

kkslider5552000

Well then New Horizons is even more impressive, since I feel more accomplished and less stressed out than I ever did in New Leaf. Also the new parts of New Horizons actually feel like they mattered to the game, whereas the whole mayor thing was largely a giant shrug I barely remember existed. Honestly New Horizons is the first Animal Crossing game since the original that feels like a new game without being a spinoff, and not just Animal Crossing again with some tweaks.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I personally prefer more building sims than social aspect for ACNH since i have no interest to get engaged in yada yada yada 101 from every villagers. I don't buy Animal Crossing for long train running conversations, that's really boring and uninteresting.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

@VoidofLight It is for 3d's and Wii u as well. Unless the 3 respective eshops are linked.

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Yes, I know. You mentioned this thousands of times. You don't have to keep mentioning how you dislike old games in the series, and the core of the series as a whole.

VoidofLight

@DannyBoi I believe they're linked.

jump

In fairness to Anti he's actually playing Animal Crossing whilst some people are complaining about the update yet don't actually own the game. It's one of the few times I'd value his opinion over alot of others on the game just because he seems to be the target audience for it.

I'm hoping May Day in Animal Crossing will be in the true spirit of International Workers' Day where the working class start Marxist riot protests over their minimum wage jobs not covering the costs of bread to feed themslves. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I own the game too, and a bunch of friends I have who also don't like New Horizons or fell out of it also owned the game. I feel like the opinion that some fans have, where the game's sort of alienating them.. is pretty valid as well.

jedgamesguy

Where's the Communist flags? The Soviet anthem? The protest banners and the obscene shirts?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@VoidofLight The comment about complaining whilst not owning the game was aimed at other people rather than yourself, sorry if you thought that. Whilst Anti does say a lot of silly things, Animal Crossing is in his wheelhouse more so than a lot of people on this forum so I wouldn't hastily write off his thoughts even if he is repeating himself since I hear the same 3/4 points over Zelda and other games over and over again.

Personally I've never been fussed about Animal Crossing as it's not for me. My idea of simulation games is along the lines of Planet Coaster and Football Manager or to have those types of eveyday elements blended in other genres like Shenmue or Persona so there's more of an aim to the gameplay.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DannyBoi

Seeing as it's a new week. Here's my prediction. Nintendo are going to give every switch owner a free Mario themed fridge. Also, super Mario party now has an online mode.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic