Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,621 to 8,640 of 15,874

jump

They have to pump out info for the remaining pre E3 released games like Famicom Detective Club, Miitopia and DC Super Teen Girl at least. These are full priced games with not much done to show them off yet. Seriously I haven’t got a clue what the DC Bratz game is and I find it odd Ninty are releasing it all.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Mario Golf Direct in May is likely, since 2014 for the main April - June title there's been either a standalone Direct or a spotlight in a Direct that isn't dedicated to a franchise/game (i.e. general Direct, Direct Mini)

• 2014 - Mario Kart 8 - Launched May 30th 2014, had a Mario Kart 8 Direct on April 30th 2014
  • 2015 - Splatoon - Launched May 28th 2015, had a Splatoon Direct on May 7th 2015
  • 2016 - Star Fox Zero + Guard - Launched April 22nd 2016, had a spotlight in the March 3rd 2016 general Direct
  • 2017 - ARMS - Launched June 16th 2017, had an ARMS Direct on May 17th 2017
  • 2018 - Mario Tennis Aces - Launched June 22nd 2018, had a spotlight segment in the March 8th 2018 general Direct
  • 2019 - Mario Maker 2 - Launched June 28th 2019, had a Mario Maker 2 Direct on May 15th 2019
  • 2020 - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - Launched May 29th 2020, had a spotlight segment in the March 26th 2020 Direct Mini

As it already got a spotlight segment in the February 2021 Direct but we still know so little about the game, I think Mario Golf Direct is more likely than a Direct Mini with Mario Golf having a spotlight segment.

Regarding Pokemon, there'll probably be a Pokemon Presents a week or 2 before E3 with a focus on DP remakes and/or Unite as TPC does things their own way.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

I miss Nintendo's old leadership. They are getting more greedy. I miss the satoru iwata days.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

VoidofLight

I don't think Nintendo's more greedy. I just think that they're weaker now in terms of software, but yet get rewarded for it, since people will keep buying it no matter what.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

GrailUK

Weaker? I think Nintendo are on fire! Can't wait to see what they show at E3!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoByNature

Nintendo crushed gaming in 2019. I really don't think they're weaker because they didn't have much to show for 2020( even though I personally had a ton to play in 2020 on switch). Are we already going towards doom n gloom nintendo when it's only April and they've released SM3DW + BF, BDII, P5S, and MHR( not including other various titles of course)? At least wait til August or September and make your assessment!

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

The reason why I think Nintendo is probably weaker in the switch era is mainly due to the first party titles they released. Some newer entries in their beloved series are either weaker than the 3DS counterparts, or have less content overall, with promises of updating the game with the content later down the line.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Euler

The data already shows that 2020 was Nintendo's worst year first-party wise since (at least) 2012, and the Switch era is overall worse than the 3DS-Wii U era. And that's if you treat all rehashes as brand new games.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/talking_point_is_ni...

If this were wrong, we wouldn't even be having this discussion to begin with. If you're explaining, you're losing.

Euler

kkslider5552000

A few days ago, I did an admittedly less scientific, off the top of my head list of every possible, retail, first party Nintendo release for the first four years of the 3DS vs. the Switch (including games not on those systems). No looking online or anywhere, just my memory. Not including games that Nintendo were only publishing in America for another gaming company or the like, and counting Wii U to Switch ports as half a game each. And what I got, even thinking really hard about every obscure game I knew about, only put Switch behind by like 5 or so games. Which is a negligible amount of games, when you consider 3DS games are obviously easier to make than HD console games. What I got from that is some combination of...

A. Nintendo focused more on small eShop games during the 3DS/Wii U era and
B. The 3DS/Wii U era just simply had more games so unmemorable that I had and currently have no idea they are technically legit first party Nintendo games you could buy at a store

I also have some concerns about the long term direction in terms of quantity of games as Nintendo abandons safer SD era gaming, but I don't think we'll have a clear picture of what Nintendo is doing in terms of putting out games for maybe two years.

(and I don't want people to dismiss this take as if I have no memory of the 3DS era considering how many 3DS games I haven't thought about since they came out that I reminded myself of)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Euler

@Snaplocket Look at 2017-19 and 2021 if you don’t want to use 2020.

Luckily NL has crunched the numbers for us so we don’t have to rely on personal memory.

Euler

Clyde_Radcliffe

@Snaplocket @Euler I can't remember where I saw it but I did hear Nintendo suffered a lot more because of Covid and ability to work from home than they let on publicly. Apparently their ways of working and digital infrastructure (in Japan at least) are quite old fashioned and stuck in the 90s.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

Snaplocket wrote:

3DS games are way easier and cheaper to make then HD titles and are made by entirely different teams then their HD staff.

Actually they are made by the same teams. The same exact guys that made 3D Land also made 3D World, Mario Kart 7 and 8 etc.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DannyBoi

Just to let you know, there is maintence(1 hour) on the switch 3d's and Wii u today. I don't know what it's for. But during the maintenance you won't be able to access the shop at all.

jump

@Snaplocket I wasn't arguing your fact which is why I cut off out those bits, I'm just merely stating the same Ninty teams did indeed both work on the Wii U and 3DS. I personally don't try to weigh in on such matter as game development details beyond the things I do actually know as I haven't got enough knowledge on the process to talk about in any kind of depth.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Maaryotyme

Maintenance. This can only mean the direct is tomato

Maaryotyme

jump

@MetalToad I wish I could upvote that!

Nicolai wrote:

DannyBoi

@MetalToad It is strange maintenance though. I mean you can't access the any of the whole during the maintence.

jump

@DannyBoi It's probably because Nintendo are installing spyware during that time and they don't want you spying on them whilst they are spying on you.

Nicolai wrote:

Maaryotyme

@jump lol
@DannyBoi I think it’s because of maintenance. When in maintenance they are getting their lines ready for direct. Just believe please

Maaryotyme

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic