Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,541 to 8,560 of 15,873

Clyde_Radcliffe

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

Given a choice between ports (with physical releases) and Game Pass, what would everyone choose? I like the idea of owning a master chief collection etc but with Game Pass it could mean we get the new Skyrim + Starfield + Halo etc on Switch.

Ports. I would find GamePass overwhelming and probably complete less games.

Rare Replay on Switch would be wonderful and probably a huge seller given how many Nintendo fans have nostalgia for their N64 classics. 😃

Clyde_Radcliffe

ok1

Why is this thread what XBOX games will come to Switch?
I'm gonna be honest, I only got Game Pass because Discord was giving out it for free. If it was 3 dollars or something forever, I would subscribe to it. But that would be too good of a deal.

hello

Magician

ok1 wrote:

Why is this thread what XBOX games will come to Switch?

The leading rumors recently have been pointing out the appearance of a Switch on the background wall during multiple Xbox videos. It suggests that Nintendo and MS are collaborating on something. Maybe something that could be announced at E3. It could be a number of different things.

More Xbox Switch ports? Game Pass to Switch? Or it could be something as minor as Nintendo adopting MS's Azure servers, just like Sony currently does. This community is eager to find out if the suggestions are actually something...or nothing at all.
https://wccftech.com/sony-microsoft-azure-partnership-deepeni...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@ok1 it's either talk about this or complain about no Metroid Prime 4, Breath Of The Wild 2 and Bayonetta 3 news.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ok1

@Magician Yeah, but the thing is, this is a Direct thread.

hello

MarioBrickLayer

I have a decent Switch physical collection and I want to add more to it, but having the chance to play some of these AAA titles which are in development on the Switch won't happen without Game Pass and I don't own an XBOX!

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

ok1 wrote:

Yeah, but the thing is, this is a Direct thread.

@ok1

Because games like Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, the Ori series, and Cuphead have never been shown in a Nintendo Direct before, right? Come on now.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@MarioBrickLayer That was already happening though without Game Pass like the early experiments for Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed followed by Control and Hitman.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

MarioBrickLayer

jump wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer That was already happening though without Game Pass like the early experiments for Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed followed by Control and Hitman.

You're right, but there are games in development like Starfield and Skyrim 6 which may be exclusive to Game Pass, it was those types of games which I was thinking about, any first party Microsoft games.

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer Skyrim 6 and starfield won’t be exclusive to gamepass. That’d be an incredibly stupid move on their part. No other big AAA games are exclusive to gamepass, as it’s a companion piece and doesn’t outright replace ownership of games.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight OK, maybe some won't be exclusive, but Phil Spencer has said Halo Infinite will be on Game Pass on the day of launch. Microsoft have evolved into a subscription business over the years, so it's not inconceivable to see all future 1st party games only being available via Game Pass, especially when they end up with digital only platforms.

Game Pass is the future of XBOX, that it clear from everything they have said recently. And if every AAA title adds a few million more subscribers, it would be worth it to them.

And the only way those types of games would be playable on the Switch would be via Game Pass.

MarioBrickLayer

Anti-Matter

LOL
I don't even need Game Pass in my life.
Just entertain me with old style gaming in physical and old games with its peripheral to play.

Anti-Matter

Magician

VoidofLight wrote:

Skyrim 6 and starfield won’t be exclusive to gamepass.

@VoidofLight

I wouldn't bet money on that if I were you.

jump

@Anti-Matter If you don't want to chainsaw demons in two in DOOM or stomp Hitler to death in Wolfenstein then that's your loss ;p

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@Magician I know they bought Bethesda, but I'm saying it won't be exclusive to the gamepass format, since Gamepass is supposed to go hand and hand as a companion type thing, and not outright replace game ownership. There'll be a way to buy these games separately.

@MarioBrickLayer They won't make them exclusive. Even when platforms become all digital. They'll still sell the games individually, since people rather own the games that they play.

Anti-Matter

@jump
Currently i'm in the mood to play Yokai Watch 1 and 3 Tempura 3DS.
When i get Keyboardmania PS2, I will practice to use my fingers to hit the keyboard buttons properly.

Anti-Matter

Magician

@VoidofLight

Did you not watch the video? I moved the timestamp. 8:46 to 9:56. Straight from Phil Spencer's lips.

"If you're an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is...this is about delivering great exclusive games for you. That ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this."

VoidofLight

@Magician I just watched it, and while they mention "where gamepass exists", it doesn't mean the games will necessarily be exclusive to gamepass itself. It just means that they're willing to put their exclusives on gamepass, allowing people to play it on whatever platform where in which it exists.

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight @magician I think Microsoft would like to move completely to a subscription model, look at Office, the only non subscription version available is aimed at businesses which are heavily regulated where it's a problem to install regular updates.

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer I highly doubt it, since again, most gamers like owning their own games. Moving completely to gamepass, and not releasing actual games would do more harm than good frankly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic