Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,521 to 8,540 of 15,920

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike Well, people shouldn't hold their breath, since until the literal pandemic is over, and the chip shortage is fixed, there's not going to be a new switch. Nintendo literally can't produce enough normal systems to meet demand, let alone a brand new console. Not to mention, I bet you money if they did reveal a "Switch Pro", people would be complaining about it because of Scalpers buying them all before anyone else can get ahold of them.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight what if Ninty’s Switch supply issues is because they are preparing for the Super Nintendo Switch Pro 64? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump OMG, SO TRUE. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING! ;p

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

Anyone wanna take a guess at the Microdoft-Nintendo thing? If it's not GamePass which seems like such an obvious win-win for both I'm a bit lost.

I'm not sure Ninty would allow their games (retro or current) on GamePass.
Someone like Master Chief or Battletoads being added to Smash doesn't seem big enough for it to be teased so much since there's already two in Smash but not unlikely.
Microsoft to start publishing games on Switch maybe as they are gonna release Psychonauts 2 on Playstation anyway however their current games wouldn't run on it so maybe going into the backlog for Perfect Dark Zero & old Halo but there's already Ori on Switch so it's a non-story.
Maybe a cross over game like Mario + Rabbids or Cadence of Hyrule but I'm not sure what IP and Microsoft developer it could be, maybe Wind Waker-Sea of Theives or Banjo-Donkey Kong.
Stuff like adding Skype to Switch would be a tad too boring for all this talk.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

@jump
I don't even think whatever happened between Nintendo and Microsoft rumours will be something that made me interested to know.
I keep myself busy in hunting for old games / BEMANI PS2 games to entertain me during pandemic.
This is my current hype right now.

Anti-Matter

MarioBrickLayer

@jump if it was a cross over IP, I wonder if it would release on both platforms? that may rule out certain Nintendo franchises.

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@Anti-Matter no offence but I don't think there's anything you'd be ever be happy with since you spend so much time just talking about decades old dance/music games or cheap kids game. ;p

@Slowdive I could see a Metroid-Halo crossover but with Prime Trilogy, MP4 or the rumoured 2D game that's a lot of Metroid all of a sudden.

If it's just ports of Halo games then I'm not that fussed to be honest. I'd like to see Project Gotham Racing, Crackdown or Fable more than Halo unless they are bringing some of the Rare stuff too like the new Killer Instinct and Battletoads. Maybe there's a Diddy Kong Racing remake or Banjo Pilot which could be cool?

@Balta666 Apparently insiders are saying Nintendo are giving a hard no to another streaming service on the Switch. GamePass on Switch seems like such a win-win but hey-ho.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Anti-Matter

@jump
Once i can take home Keyboardmania PS2 with its keyboard controller, it will be my happiest life to get six different BEMANI PS2 games at home as long time ago (maybe around 2004 - 2005) i have ever saw Keyboardmania 3rd Mix Arcade at my local game arcade but the machine was really not as popular as DDR at that time.
And since that game arcade out of business long time ago, i never saw that machine on other game arcade.
If i can take home Keyboardmania PS2, i can re-experience playing Keyboardmania at home just like from Arcade version.

Anti-Matter

jump

@MarioBrickLayer I'd imagine it would just be Nintendo like the other crossover games.

There's not much crossover the same way Mario + Rabbids, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE or Cadence of Hyrule was between Ninty & Microsoft games (besides Rare's back catalogue which Micosoft aren't even touching) but the bigger thing imo is most of the Microsoft developers that come to mind aren't that suited for Nintendo and Ninty have enough games to make themslevs without touching some else's.

Maybe they could farm out a Diddy Kong Racing remake to someone like Sumo Digital who did the decent Sonic racing games?

Actually maybe a Goldeneye remaster which has been often talked about before with it hitting both Xbox and Switch?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

MarioBrickLayer

jump wrote:

Actually maybe a Goldeneye remaster which has been often talked about before with it hitting both Xbox and Switch?

That would be great! A remaster plus more levels with cross platform online multiplayer would be epic. Maybe in time to coincide with the new Bond film releasing later in the year!

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer The last time it was attempted it was almost complete but Ninty or Eon Productions (depending on who's telling the story) backed out at the last second. Footage of the game running leaked online if you want to check it out.

It's be cool to see but I've played it a few years ago on an emulated N64 and I'm not sure I'd play it as much as I did on the good 'ol days of the N64 as it's very dated and the remake on the Wii was okay but lacked the spark of the orginal.

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be more Xbox ports for Switch and eventually grow a native Xbox Game Studios library on the Switch that Game Pass for Switch can happen. Remember that Game Pass Ultimate = Game Pass for Console + Game Pass for PC + Xbox Live Gold + xCloud + a bunch of game perks, so far Switch has these Xbox Game Studios games:

• Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Skyrim
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood
  • The entire mainline DOOM franchise except Ancient Gods Parts 1 and 2
  • Fallout Shelter (wouldn't be part of Game Pass because it's free to play)
  • Elder Scrolls Blades (wouldn't be part of Game Pass because it's free to play)

So perhaps Switch gets more ports of the legacy Xbox stuff like:

• Rare Replay
  • Master Chief Collection
  • Wolfenstein The New Order + The Old Blood
  • Arkane Anniversary Collection (Dishonored + Dishonored II + Dishonored Death of the Outsider + Prey)
  • Fable Trilogy (maybe the trilogy gets a port to PC and Switch in preparation for the new game)

and it gradually grows alongside new stuff so like Wolfenstein is finished on the Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So perhaps Switch gets more ports of the legacy Xbox stuff like:

• Rare Replay
  • Master Chief Collection
  • Wolfenstein The New Order + The Old Blood
  • Arkane Anniversary Collection (Dishonored + Dishonored II + Dishonored Death of the Outsider + Prey)
  • Fable Trilogy (maybe the trilogy gets a port to PC and Switch in preparation for the new game)

Meh, all ask is for a port of Prey 2017 on Switch.

An amazing game overlooked far too often.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician I need to play Prey still, it would go along nicely next to Alien Isolation and then hopefully a Dead Space collection on Switch.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

MarioBrickLayer

Given a choice between ports (with physical releases) and Game Pass, what would everyone choose? I like the idea of owning a master chief collection etc but with Game Pass it could mean we get the new Skyrim + Starfield + Halo etc on Switch.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

Given a choice between ports (with physical releases) and Game Pass, what would everyone choose? I like the idea of owning a master chief collection etc but with Game Pass it could mean we get the new Skyrim + Starfield + Halo etc on Switch.

As a physical collector, ports > GP. But I would thoroughly embrace GP on Switch as well.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Ports would be best though if Game Pass did come to Switch I'd consider subscribing. Yes, I'm one of those who has a XB1 and Xbox Live Gold but not Game Pass even though you can convert Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for £1. I just prefer owning games to renting them so Game Pass has no value to me currently.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Depends on the game, if it's bunch of stuff I'm mildy curious about like Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts then GP but if it's like a new DOOM or Wolfenstienwhich I'd play loads of then I'd want a port so I can keep playing it especially if it's streaming based so I can play it on the tube.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic