Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,501 to 8,520 of 15,873

Giancarlothomaz

@jump yes, my two years of journalism teaching in university teached me that, @GrumbleVolcano Nintendo is not stupid to release Metroid Prime 4/Bayonetta 3 exclusive to this rumored/suposed Switch Pro, they don't want to lose the oportunity of releasing this game on a console with a 80/90 milions install base or more, why waste two higly antecipated games and it exclusives on this suposed Switch Pro? is better to release on Switch with 80/90 milions install base.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

Just speculating...if the Switch Pro/Super Switch has DLSS, and this requires games to be patched to take advantage, I wonder if Nintendo would throw in some DLC for a couple of titles at the same time? I'm thinking specifically Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8, I can visualise a Direct where they compare with DLSS on/off and they then say...BTW here is some new levels/circuits which work with DLSS but we've made them work with current switches too...

Not saying it's going to happen, but that could be one reason we haven't seen DLC for those titles, depending on how long they have been working on the Switch revision.

MarioBrickLayer

jump

jump wrote:

Magician wrote:

Then please, give us your theory for how the rest of 2021 will play out, if you would be so kind.

Aug; Bayonetta 3 launches
Sep; Microsoft buys Nintendo
Oct; All Nintendo games are added to GamePass
Nov; Nintendo is put to work creating newly launched Xbox VR and Kinetic games
Dec; Microsoft liquidates Nintendo on Xmas day

I should probably make a serious post on this. Ninty have ramped up the sales forecast massively so I'm expecting a big hitter to come beyond Pokemon plus in May and June they are releasing multiple games per month so I'm expecting at least a game per month for the year. The known Ninty non-dated games are Metroid Prime 4, a samurai game from Good Feel, Detective Pikachu 2, BOTW2, Pikmin 4 and Bayonetta 3. Also I've not mentioned the Switch Pro as I don't really care about tech stuff.

June: Suprise E3 digital limited time game like Mother 3 or OG Poke games, Ninty published indie (like Snipperclips) and Smash DLC Doomslayer, plus the DC Super Teens (or whatever it's called) and Mario Golf
July: Skyward Sword and New Style Savy (announced pre-E3 as those gamers won't give a poop if it was there anyway)
Aug: New WarioWare, some casual gimmick game and Buddy Mission: Bond digital only release
Sep: Bayonetta 3 and Good Feel Samurai game plus Smash DLC Rillaboom
Oct: Pokemon remakes & New Fatal Frame
Nov: New Kirby
Dec: Zelda BOTW2 or another A list franchise maybe Donkey Kong or maybe a new IP or maybe Doshin The Gaint 2

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Giancarlothomaz

@Jump i think the new mainline Kirby game is gonna release in 2022 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Kirby franchise, Bayonetta 3 might release on Halloween and the Gen 4 remakes release on novembre as usual, beside this the rest of Nintendo 2021 lineup can happen.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

lineup can happen.

Anything can happen as it's not been announced as to what is actually happening.

Looking at old patterns for release hints is only good if the patterns keep repeating and you can't say they can as you don't know. People said they must always be third version of the Pokemon games up until they stopped doing that so Pokemon doesn't need to release in Nov because the last few have and Doshin The Giant 2 will make the likes of GTA and DOOM look like girly kids game for being so over the top in violence.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DannyBoi

I bet that the switch pro will be expensive, what £399 maybe?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Maaryotyme

Today’s a beautiful day ☀☀☀

Maaryotyme

VoidofLight

The switch pro rumors are annoying to hear.. I’m just hoping for this year to pass so that people stop.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

@VoidofLight

Considering Switch Pro rumors have been swirling ever since the Switch was known as Nintendo NX, I don't believe that hope will manifest itself.

Edit: Correction, Nintendo NX, not Project NX. Project NX was the codename for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@VoidofLight I completely agree, Switch Pro is clearly made up as that's something Sony would do and not Nintendo. Nintendo will call it Super Switch clearly ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

@jump

Please, Super Switch is far too mild of a product name.

It needs to be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Switch.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

DannyBoi

What the hell is going on with Labo?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jump

@Magician Nah, if they want market dominance it should be called SwitchZ eXtremeZ.

@DannyBoi Does it matter about Labo, no one really cares.

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

As least Nintendo can take solace in the fact that Labo was more successful than the Virtual Boy.

Maybe even the GameBoy Micro, although I'm not sure just how well Labo sold.

@Kaioken

Naming it Super Switch (while I love the nostalgia that nods towards) would suggest the Switch V3 is going to be much more powerful than the current Switch. But it won't be. Switch V3 is just providing updated displays, OLED for portable and upscaling 4k to your TV. Nintendo might as well call it Switch Deluxe, imo.

Save the Super Switch moniker for whatever the Switch 2 ends up being.

Edited on by Magician

jump

@Magician Labo sold over a million units and were pleased with it's sales, just not enough to keep commiting to it.

Where was this hype 3 years ago when they actually released it ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight The rumors aren't going to stop until new hardware is announced (whether that's confirmation of a Switch Pro, or when Nintendo announces the Switch's successor). There's too much pent up demand for more powerful hardware to the point where it's easy clicks for reporters to keep talking about it. As long as there are gamers bored and wanting the next big thing, someone's going to tell them about it, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic