Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,481 to 8,500 of 15,817

jump

@Magician Minecraft came out on the New 3DS years later though.

In any case the point is more Nintendo didn't use any of their games to launch the New 3DS so over the last year everytime I've seen someone say Monster Hunter Rise/Pokemon Legends/Splatoon 3/BOTW2/Doshin The Giant 2 or whatever is gonna launch the same day as the Switch Pro I'm skeptical.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Euler

Magician wrote:

@Euler @Dezzy

I'm convinced BotW 2 will be the main game to promote the next Switch iteration. From that perspective, Nintendo won't want to waylay Holiday Switch sales by showcasing BotW 2 at E3. In my opinion, BotW 2 won't be mentioned until January, at the earliest.

Trouble there is that they already promised an update on Breath of the Wild 2 this year.

Euler

VoidofLight

@Euler honestly, I wouldn’t listen to anyone who peddles the thought of botw 2 being made for the switch pro, as there’s no such thing as a switch pro, and there won’t be one any time soon.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

@Euler

True enough. But I assume the update they intend to give us later this year will be to ask fans to wait "just a little bit longer". Just as they did with BotW in 2014, and 2015, and 2016. My point is, looking at Nintendo's official release schedule, BotW 2 is still listed at TBD. If BotW 2 was intended for a late 2021 release the marketing campaign would've already begun.

Nintendo wouldn't want BotW 2 to overlap with whatever they have planed for Zelda's 35th anniversary, right?
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician so they say to look forwards to news, when there is no news? Also I highly doubt they have anything huge planned for Zelda’s 35th.

Magician

@VoidofLight

Man alive, you're just a negative-Nancy, aren't you? No Zelda anniversary celebration and a full on denial of a possible Switch V3. And here I thought I was the most pessimistic person around these parts, lol. Then please, give us your theory for how the rest of 2021 will play out, if you would be so kind.

I'm genuinely curious.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

Magician wrote:

Then please, give us your theory for how the rest of 2021 will play out, if you would be so kind.

Aug; Bayonetta 3 launches
Sep; Microsoft buys Nintendo
Oct; All Nintendo games are added to GamePass
Nov; Nintendo is put to work creating newly launched Xbox VR and Kinetic games
Dec; Microsoft liquidates Nintendo on Xmas day

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

VoidofLight

@Magician I don’t have much of a theory. I mostly just go with the flow on things, so that I don’t get disappointed when they don’t happen. I feel like we will see something about botw 2 at e3, or sometime this year given that they said they’ll announce news sometime this year, and I think the diamond and pearl remakes are the holiday titles for this year as well. We just need to know what’s coming for August, September, and October.

Legends Arceus is probably early 2022, and BOTW 2 is probably late 2022, mainly because I doubt Nintendo wants to have the two series compete.

I don’t expect a switch revision for a while, mainly because the chip shortage for consoles, and the fact that they probably want to get the system into as many people’s hands as possible. Not to mention, I doubt people would be happy when the consoles enevidably get scalped due to shortages.

Magician

jump wrote:

Aug; Bayonetta 3 launches
Sep; Microsoft buys Nintendo
Oct; All Nintendo games are added to GamePass
Nov; Nintendo is put to work creating newly launched Xbox VR and Kinetic games
Dec; Microsoft liquidates Nintendo on Xmas day

@jump

Now that is a bold proclamation if I ever saw one. I like it. I might not agree with it, but I like. Just give me a reason to be an Xbot fanboy once again.

Giancarlothomaz

@Euler Covid-19, Pokémon Legend Arceus, Pokémon Brilant Diamond e Shining Pearl and most of Nintendo 2022 lineup make us assume Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is gonna release in fall 2022,@Jump Microsoft is never going to buy Nintendo, they are the richest company in japan thanks to Switch and Animal Crossing, and beside Nintendo denied the chance of Microsoft buying Nintendo ounce.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Euler

@Magician Promising a real update and then not actually delivering one would be incredibly arrogant and badly received. In 2014 and 2016 they at least provided some Real News regarding the game even if it wasn't a concrete release date (the release date was not revealed until January 2017, even though all the geniuses at Eurogamer and ResetEra assured us that it would miss the Switch launch). An E3 reveal would be consistent with underpromising and overdelivering (being vague about the details until absolutely necessary), and six months of marketing would be roughly on par with other major first-party games.

Euler

Euler

@Giancarlothomaz COVID would explain the game coming out in 2021 instead of 2020 (the year with the lowest number of first-party titles in at least a decade). Pokemon Legends is early 2022 (which could be anything from January to April), and they have released major first-party games at the same time as Pokemon remakes (see: Let's Go in 2018). Splatoon 3 is also 2022, though we don't know when (holiday or mid-year would be reasonable).

Edited on by Euler

Euler

LzWinky

I think Nintendo will buy Microsoft

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

I definitely don't think BotW 2 would be exclusive to the new Switch model (the only known Switch games I could see being exclusive if any are Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 with that being more a case of releasing so far away that Nintendo just drops Switch support for them) but more like docked 720p 20fps on the old Switch and 1080p 30fps on the new Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@LzWinky

Hmm, could MS cut a check for over 95 billion?

Yes, I know they could (their net worth was 1 trillion in 2020), but that would be one mighty acquisition.

jump

@Magician They wouldn't use money to pay for things, they'd use stock or Ninty's own money to buy it.

They can probably get them to agree to lower the price too by using the coivd vaccine's microchip to brain wash them, Bill Gates is a clever chappy for creating that fake pandamic just to make the Nintendo board get the jab.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Giancarlothomaz

@jump don't believe in everything you saw on internet(it filled with misinformation and fake news, Nintendo is the richest company in japan thank to Switch and Animal Crossing, the company is worth $57 bilions dolars, even if Microsoft have all the money to buy Nintendo, they gonna refuse like back 20 year ago @Euler we don't know if Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 was suposed to release in 2020, got delayed to 2021 and will problaby be delayed to 2022, given the pandemic and the franchise notorious history of delays.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I can't see them outright stopping support of the switch. The third version, if it's even a thing, will probably end up like the New 3DS. Something nice to own, but not many people actually own it, and it's extremely niche. It'll be used as an option, but it won't be an outright replacement. Games will probably sell poorly if they're exclusive too.

jump

@Giancarlothomaz good point about ignoring YouTube vids as they are fakes news, hopefully people will post vids responsibly ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic