Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,461 to 8,480 of 15,799

Giancarlothomaz

@VoidofLight yeah Holiday 2022 or later is more likely when we gonna play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2(E3 2021 or TGA 2021 is gonna give us the anwser when Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is gonna release on Switch).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

@Giancarlothomaz I'm pretty sure BOTW was dated in a non-E3/TGA Direct. I wouldn't say it's a certainty to expect those two to provide a release date for the next Zelda.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DannyBoi

Lovely day today.😉😉😉😉

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Giancarlothomaz

@jump yes Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild was dated on the 2017 Switch presentation, i mentioned E3/TGA because these are the only two big events i imagine Nintendo could show something about Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2, maybe it oficial title and release date.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

VoidofLight

@DannyBoi nothing’s happening today that’s out of the ordinary

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Raylax

I heard on the grapevine that nintendo's been actively working on Cubivore 2 since 2002 and they're finally ready to unveil it in the next direct, as the single most ambitious game project of all time.

Alongside Doshin 2, of course

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

-Juice-

While we might not get a direct, the Ace Attorney Facebook page did change its avatar to the rumored Great Ace Attorney.

Edit: yep! Great Ace Attorney Chronicles announced as a collection of the two unlocalized games for Switch and other consoles. Release date is July 27th.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Euler

Not really sure why everyone’s collectively decided we’re not getting the Breath of the Wild sequel until late 2022 at the earliest. It began development after the last DLC (which is what it was originally intended to be). That was at the end of 2017. If it comes out at the end of 2021, that gives it a 4 year development cycle. That’s more than enough time for a ROM hack sequel.

Also, we’re clearly not going to see anything major until E3.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Dezzy

@Euler

I bet it began development even before that. The DLC for the first game, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, was not particularly heavy on original content. It was mostly just reusing assets from the base game for some new ideas. I seriously doubt the entire development team worked on it. It was probably just a few dozen people.

I think the sequel began development around the beginning of 2017, so should come out this christmas.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ianl579

@-Juice- Fantastic news! This was one of my biggest hopes for February's Direct but now that it's been officially confirmed I honestly don't mind waiting until E3 for more news on Switch games (whether from Nintendo or third-parties).

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Raylax

Yeah, I'm almost certain BotW2 will be out either holiday this year or early next year. Maybe they'll release it Mar 7th to make it exactly 5 years to the day since BotW1 (wow, it'll have been 5 years huh... feelin' old)

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Magician

@Euler @Dezzy

I'm convinced BotW 2 will be the main game to promote the next Switch iteration. From that perspective, Nintendo won't want to waylay Holiday Switch sales by showcasing BotW 2 at E3. In my opinion, BotW 2 won't be mentioned until January, at the earliest. Pokemon D & P will carry the later half of Nintendo's 2021, while BotW 2 will be Nintendo's tentpole game for early 2022 and Arceus for late 2022.

Yes, BotW 2 could be shown at E3 for a late 2021 release, but I feel Nintendo are going to double-down on Switch "Pro" marketing by using it as a springboard to entice customers to purchase the newest Switch model.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician Arceus is coming early next year, I swear we had the same conversation the other day about it

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Magician

jump wrote:

Arceus is coming early next year, I swear we had the same conversation the other day about it

@jump - Yes, we did. However, Pokemon: Arceus hasn't been given an official release date just yet. Technically "early" 2022 could easily be late June. Of course...you're free to interpret "early 2022" however you'd like.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

Magician wrote:

Of course...you're free to interpret "early 2022" however you'd like.

So you're interpreting early next year to mean late next year then? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

Regarding BotW 2, the key is the rumoured new Switch revision. If BotW 2 launches holiday 2021 it'll be same day as the new Switch revision meanwhile if it launches later the new Switch revision also launches later.

I think the most likely outcome is March 2022 release for both meanwhile holiday 2021 being focused on old games such as the DP remakes. Chip shortages affecting PS5/Series X apparently won't be resolved until 2024 and most games are delayed due to COVID so PS5/Series X wouldn't be a source of Switch momentum loss..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Food for thought...the New 3DS launched iterally without exclusive games for it on the day or any game at all from Ninty. Xenoblade came out months later and was the high profile game used to sell it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

That’s acting like there’s a switch revision. There won’t be one, as Nintendo can’t keep up with making normal switches.

Botw 2 would probably be Holiday of 2022, since if it were early 2022, it’d cannibalize Pokemon Legends Arceus. I don’t think it’s coming this year since it’s almost been half a year and we know nothing about botw 2. Doubt Nintendo would market a game this big only for half a year.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

jump wrote:

Food for thought...the New 3DS launched iterally without exclusive games for it on the day or any game at all from Ninty. Xenoblade came out months later and was the high profile game used to sell it.

@jump

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Minecraft were the springboard games for "New" Nintendo 3DS.

At least for the Murica region they were.

Edit: Correction, Minecraft wasn't there day one, it wasn't released on N3DS until a couple years later.

Just MH4U at launch then.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic