Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,341 to 8,360 of 8,619

dionysos283

Maybe this means a Direct mini or something similar?

EDIT: I guess a Treehouse is more likely.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Anti-Matter

@dionysos283
I really hope Nintendo add 2 or 3 new job for Miitopia HD.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Magician

Meh, even though I'm an rpg fan, Miitopia is a borderline trash-tier game.

A tough sell if it were free, never mind Nintendo is asking $50 for a copy.

Switch Physical Collection - 689 games (as of April 15th, 2021)
Currently playing: Hades (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Anti-Matter

@Magician
I still choose Miitopia over than AAA looking RPG FF XV.
Miitopia is way much fun and better than FF XV. I don't even like FF XV in the slightest. Too realistic graphic just made me sick.
And Miitopia is NOT a trash. 🤨
Don't you ever say Miitopia is (almost) a trash.
I played it on 3DS, i created my whole team based on my fictional RPG team Planetary Xaviors including my Mii as main hero.
I will get the Switch version too as the new customize tool might help to make my whole team looks more accurate with my Planetary Xaviors design.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter As much as I like Miitopia, I don't think it's better than actual literal JRPG's. Also imagine not playing a game due to it's graphics (even though the graphics look good), but being a fan of Nintendo, which is a company that's not known for their graphics. Not to mention FFXV isn't the only JRPG, and is considered by most to be the worst Final Fantasy game.

Edited on by VoidofLight

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

VoidofLight

Also, it's disappointing that they went from the easy to select Mii database thing to just codes. I'm hoping it's just replacing QR codes, and not the entire database..

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
My first impression about Miitopia from 3DS version was like "What is that game ? I have never seen quirky RPG game like that. It was hilarious."
The quirkiness and unusual looking of Miitopia as RPG game quickly sold me.
I really like quirky RPG games like Miitopia with a lot of sense of humour rather than too realistic RPG games without even looks funny and interesting.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I don't have to play every single released games.
I select the games very carefully, only the games that fit with my criterias i will play.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter I know. Everyone does that, but it's just weird how you never even try games that are actually good, and just sort of default to shovelware.

TheJGG

Dragon Quest XI's a good RPG with a really light-hearted and whimsical tone. I've played through it for the third time, and now I'm up until Octagonia, and it's been a really enjoyable experience (again, again). It's a game that mixes old and new for the Dragon Quest series. Plus it's not too hard, even for an RPG amateur like myself. Wish I could change it to auteur but ah well...

That game, along with a few niche games like the Persona series, feels like a really cool secret that you only share with close friends. It's both great and a small shame these series have had massive Smash exposure because the element of secrecy is gone.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

TheJGG

@Magician It's a new idea, yes. And I really don't think this game'll be for me, I'm more into core JRPGs that aren't comprised of literal self-insert characters. I may have gotten it if it was priced at £19.99 or lower. But fifty dollars is a big ask for a literal self insert fanfic.

And while graphics aren't a priority for me it's very obvious that it wasn't a priority for Miitopia. @Anti-Matter it seems if your selection process wasn't so contrived I'd wholeheartedly recommend a game like Persona 5 to you. It ticks all boxes; a very distinct visual style, good Eurobeat-able music, some stylish gameplay. It also has a good story and voice acting.

But of course it mentions sexual assault, fraud, blackmail and corruption. Never mind.

Side note though; there must be a good chunk of new content if there's gonna be an info drop, or dare I say it, a Treehouse. What could Grezzo be planning?

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
My gaming rule number 1 (Every games that do not pass this rule will be instantly comdemned) = NO rated 18+ games allowed whatsoever reasons.
Persona 5 = rated M = condemned.

My games are only rated Everyone, Everyone 10+, a few Teen, CERO A, CERO B, PEGI 3, PEGI 7, PEGI 12.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

TheJGG

@Anti-Matter Was gonna say that Persona 5 is rated PEGI 16 but eh, forget it. Though I wonder how far you'll take this rule. I asked myself this for the Zelda series and now I buy PEGI 18 games as well.

If the next Beatmania game was rated M, or if the next DDR game was rated M would you not buy it then? No avoiding the question; will you or not?

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Honestly, you're missing out man. There's loads of good games that aren't entirely gory which are M rated. Persona is probably one of my favorite series now, and it's entirely M rated, mainly due to the darker themes involved. However, it's one of my top rpg series. I also heard Nier was really good story-wise. I understand not liking very violent games though, since personally, I get sick whenever I see massive amounts of gore.

jump

@Anti-Matter I heard your story before and it still doesn’t make it “evil”, it means you saw a game too young and you are not emotionally equipped to deal with it. Besides you like boxing which has blood and violence in it and, not that I'm against it, is arguably more “wrong” than video games since the long term effects on concussions has been looked into properly nowadays with very bad news. I have a couple of boxers in the family and they all have had to walk away from it due to long term issues despite getting to the stage where they could get sponsorships to make a living doing it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I play M rated games, but I steer clear of the ones with loads of blood and gore because again, huge amounts of gore make me feel sick. However, a bit of violence or dark themes don’t really bother me as much. Not every M rated game is ultra-violent, and none of them are evil.

You don’t have to personally like them, but you are missing out on some really great games with great stories. You kind of act like M rated games should be banned or something.

Edited on by VoidofLight

jump

@VoidofLight M/18 ratings aren't just about ultraviolence, they can be ultrasexy too! ;p

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheJGG

VoidofLight wrote:

I play M rated games, but I steer clear of the ones with loads of blood and gore because again, huge amounts of gore make me feel sick. However, a bit of violence or dark themes don’t really bother me as much. Not every M rated game is ultra-violent, and none of them are evil.

You don’t have to personally like them, but you are missing out on some really great games with great stories. You kind of act like M rated games should be banned or something.

I agree wholeheartedly @VoidofLight I’ve only began playing 18-rated games about six months ago but violence and dark themes don’t bother me too much. If there’s too much adult sexual content (looking at you @jump) that dominates the focus of the game I just won’t get it, objectifying women is the oldest trick in the book.

Violence does make me squeamish too but I’m not a porcelain doll, I can handle blood spurts, decapitations and stab/puncture wounds. Mortal Kombat though is a game that sends shivers down my spine because of how violent it is.

And @Anti-Matter as described to you already, calling something Satanic doesn’t mean you’re calling it bad. You’re missing out but ah well.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic