Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 15,873

BruceCM

Sure, I just don't benefit from them being on my Switch, since I play that at home, anyway, @TheJGG .... But it's great they're coming to Switch for all those people that either don't have Steam or prefer them there! I'm all in favour of games coming to more platforms, when there isn't some good reason they shouldn't do Anyway, which ones caught your eye, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I generally don’t buy indie games all that much but the ones that weren’t developed by Japanese, US or Western studios were all very good to see. Integrating their own culture into their games. I hope the game about waiting 400 days does well, it looks so beautiful.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

link3710

Yuuuusssss Oxenfree 2. Considering the ending of the first game... I wonder how that might affect this one.

link3710

Magician

Although I enjoyed most of what was shown (I don't believe there was a single game that I didn't want to at least try) the Fez shadow drop might have been the biggest thing. One of those indie darlings I thought might have been lost to time due to Phil Fish's meltdown back in 2013, lol. I'm glad it's back in spotlight; great game, don't skip.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

HOW GOOD WAS THAT KONAMI GAME!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

This is not a statement against these sort of games, but I kinda skimmed past most of the more story focused games they focused on. A lot of games like that I don't think do well advertised as such, like nothing about them would make me want to buy them as is, regardless of my tastes.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DannyBoi

I wonder if we could be getting a switch online direct a week from now(in lieu of a normal direct) to announce the Nintendo switch online overhaul. It will be a one of a kind direct. Like the theme park one we got last year. Directs can come a week after indie world presentation.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Aozz101x

That House of the Dead Remake caught me off guard.
Road 96, Last Stop, Never Yield, and There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension looks really cool and those i'll definitely buy. Cris Tales was something that i was already planning on getting as well.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

ok1

@DannyBoi No, they just updated the switch they wouldn't do that.

hello

Blooper987

So... I normally find indie worlds to be ok but nothing exciting. I tend to go in expecting one game I look forward to. This time though,

The Longing: This looks super ridiculous, and I intend to play it all the way. Such a unique idea that I really think will be interesting to play. Picking it up soon probably.

There Is No Game: I LOVE this game. Super inventive and one of the most bizarre experiences I’ve ever had. Since I’ve already played it, I bought it so I could watch my sister play and were having an awesome time. Definitely highly recommended from me.

TMNT: Little did I think beat em ups would come back this big, but we keep on getting great ones. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Fez: do I even have to say anything? Cannot wait to get this one.

Oxenfree 2: guess I’m gonna have t buy the first one now. Looks right up my alley.

Overall, probably the best indie world we’ve gotten in a while. Gg Nintendo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

It's strange that Konami and SEGA games are considered indie now, hopefully the next indie direct will have Silent Hill, Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi sequels. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump What you talking about? I’m here pumped up for that rumoured Halo Master Chief Collection from that indie publisher. Can’t remember their name, think they make an email app or something for my MacBook

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

VoidofLight

Konami’s technically indie since they only have one team left I think.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@FragRed Oh, yeah. You mean the guys that did that Minesweeper game on PC. I'd much rather have Minesweeper than Halo myself! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

FragRed

@jump Minesweeper is 🔥. Minesweeper 99 is gonna be the bomb when it lands. Mic drop and all that.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

I'm currently in the process of finding out how to burn my GameCube and Wii discs to my laptop and play them on an emulator. Can it be done using the DVD drive on my laptop or do I need a specific device to burn GC and Wii discs?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

jump wrote:

It's strange that Konami and SEGA games are considered indie now, hopefully the next indie direct will have Silent Hill, Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi sequels. ;p

@jump

Is Sega really considered indie? Sure they've been increasingly more open about licensing their IP out to smaller developers. But I think it's the fact that the number and size of their internal teams just aren't what they used to be. I'd argue that Valkyria Chronicles 4 is the best strategy rpg I've played this generation; it has hints of just how special Sonic Team developed games can be. It's tragic how it didn't sell well.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight wrote:

Konami’s technically indie since they only have one team left I think.

KONAMI is still making BEMANI games for Arcade until today (DDR A20+, Beatmania IIDX 28 Bistrover, GITADORA NEX+AGE, Pop'n Music 解明リドルズ , Sound Voltex EXCEED GEAR, Nostalgia op.3 , etc)
They are not indie.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Magician I wouldn't consider either of them indie myself but hey-ho they are in the indie direct anyway. Perhaps they are being more loose with the term and just meant new smaller budget game.

I'm pretty sure SEGA said Valkyria Chronicles 4 sold over a million copies. It was a great game, I hope 2 & 3 get ports/localized soon.

Nicolai wrote:

Blooper987

@Anti-Matter indie companies can still make arcade rhythm games, so you’re logic doesn’t really work😂

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic