Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 8,516

link3710

Okay, E3 presentation guessing time:

1. Smash DLC opener
2. Skyward Sword HD talk more about controls
3. XCOM Chimera Squad
4. Third party ports - Maaaaybe Mass Effect or something?
5. Great Ace Attorney OR New exclusive Resident Evil
6. Monster Hunter Stories 2
7 Monster Hunter Rise DLC
8. Super Mario Party 2
9. More ports and indies - update on Silksong, some random third person shooter I've never heard of, and ?
10. Reiterating whatever was said in the Pokemon Presents the week before.
11. Tales of Arise is coming to Switch
12. No More Heroes 3 final trailer
12.5 Hyrule Warriors DLC
13. Life is Strange ports
14. Something new and first party, releasing in October, probably by Int Systems or Monolith
15. Sizzle Reel
16. Bayo 3 reveal trailer (2022 release date)
17. Botw2 first gameplay trailer (November 2021) and long gameplay showcase

If Zelda ports are happening, they'll be announced post-SS HD for September, so not at E3. Bayo 3 is probably the most likely to not be here at all.

Edit:
MH people, is E3 too early for Rise DLC?
Also added in the Hyrule Warriors DLC I forgot about

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Iceborne was announced in December 2018 for release in September 2019 so announce in June 2021, release in March/April 2022 sounds about right for Rise DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Got it, thanks! I added that into the list then.

...strangely I feel far more likely to be on the mark this time than usual.

link3710

Magician

@link3710

I'd like to see a localization for Buddy Mission: Bond announced at E3.

Maybe a release window for SMT V.

Beyond that, I don't have a clue as to what they could be presenting.

Switch Physical Collection - 687 games (as of April 6th, 2021)
Currently playing: Hades (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

I don't care that much about E3 as an actual event, but it is nice to just have a date on the calendar several months ahead.

Especially given that there's probably like a 90% chance we're finally gonna see Breath of the Wild 2.

We're pretty much guaranteed to be seeing gameplay from my other most anticipated game of the year as well, which is Halo Infinite.

If I see gameplay from both of those 2 games, I'll consider it a successful E3.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Ninty have upped their games sales forecast by 50m so i'm expecting at least a couple of biggie titles. BOTW2 seems the most likely and as cool as Bayonetta 3 would be it's not that big so for the other I'm guessing some family fluff like Mario Party.

There's always the (small) chance that Detective Pikachu 2 and Pikmin 4 finally pop up too.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheJGG

jump wrote:

Ninty have upped their games sales forecast by 50m so i'm expecting at least a couple of biggie titles. BOTW2 seems the most likely and as cool as Bayonetta 3 would be it's not that big so for the other I'm guessing some family fluff like Mario Party.

There's always the (small) chance that Detective Pikachu 2 and Pikmin 4 finally pop up too.

Good find; this is making me very excited for E3. Screw April and May, let's GOOO.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

TheFrenchiestFry

Bayonetta 3 HAS to be here. At the very least a proper unveil trailer that teases the story and shows off Bayonetta's new look. I also think BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 have a good chance as well

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

No Bayo 3, no BotW 2, and no MP 4.

Clearly that 50m forecast bump for software sales is for a Switch port of Devil's Third.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 687 games (as of April 6th, 2021)
Currently playing: Hades (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

MarioBrickLayer

Slowdive wrote:

We also may see Metroid Prime 4. One of their recent job offerings says that that they are looking for environmental artist for multiple projects. Which could well mean that the project is closer to completion than is generally thought. I mean, you're not going to mention multiple projects when the sole focus is on one game.

Given the number of industry veterans they have recruited, I'd hope they would keep the team together and get them working on MP5 as soon as they finish MP4. If it was a BOTW 1 and 2 type deal (reuse of resources etc) maybe we could see two Metroid Prime games between now and the end of 2025?

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

I don’t think many indies or third party games will be in the direct, but who knows.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

StuTwo

jump wrote:

There is another possibility/possibilities behind the game sales projections - they might be intending to release a budget priced Switch (in one fashion or another). Such a device could sell millions and every other unit would ship a copy of Mario Kart 8 and 2-3 other games (as in already released games).

Also - a "Players Choice" series is definitely something I expect to eventually see on Switch. Again this is something that could push games sales to new heights without necessarily involving any new games at all.

That all said - I expect Bayonetta 3 to be shown this summer and I think it's the most likely "big new exclusive" to actually launch this year. It's not a 10 million selling game but it will dominate the conversation and grab a disproportionate amount of attention from the games media and the "fanbase" (which is kind of the point of games like Bayonetta anyway).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

VoidofLight

@link3710 I sincerely doubt Botw 2 will come out in 2021, especially when Pokemon’s the November title. It’s just too late for them to hype the game up like botw, if it releases the holiday of this year.

jump

@StuTwo I was expecting them to do a Players Choice or whatever last year, if their new games in development were slowed down due to lockdown then a budget range of already released games would be a good way to compensate on their schedules, especially if they focussed on games like Splatoon 2 which would encourage people to subscribe online. I don't think a forecast driver for that huge of a sales bump would be budget games though even for evergreen Ninty games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

VoidofLight

Doesn’t the player choice stuff come at the end of the system, or near the end?

jump

@VoidofLight They've released Pokemon and Smash 3 weeks apart in time for Xmas and have release multiple games in the same month before too. They way you keep talking about this game is too close to that game makes it sound like Ninty should only release a single game a year to make sure it sells. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

Well, it's certainly quite possible BotW 2 was originally planned for the end of this year but got delayed a bit into next .... It's also not so unlikely it was always planned for next year, anyway! Hopefully, early, so that if it got put back by pandemic, it'd still be summer/autumn

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic