Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 15,873

DannyBoi

@BruceCM Not sure I fully understand.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

BruceCM

IF, which is a pretty big if, there are going to be Gamecube & whatever else games coming to NSO, there's probably quite a bit of work to do before they could be added .... Normally, you wouldn't hear about every little bit of maintenance anyone ever did to a site! As I understood the speculation, it was basically "the system update 12 didn't seem to have much in it, so there must be more to it than they're saying ....."
Anyway, IF there are any coming, it still wouldn't be a huge announcement to make all on it's own but it'll get revealed when there's anything to say/ show, & plenty here would make sure it was broadcast around well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DannyBoi

@BruceCM Work could have been being done on nso for a few months without anyone knowing. Plus we didn't get a new console added to nso last year.

dionysos283

I once heard the theory that Nintendo is in a pickle with regards to their legacy content. Since the Switch is now an important platform for Indie developers, selling legacy games cheaply could hurt these Indie developers, who are often creating games that are similar to old Nintendo titles.

Think e.g. of Blue Fire, which released back in February. It's a call back to old 3D Zelda games and was relatively successful, despite some hiccups in performance and gameplay (it's their first game after all). How many people would have bought it for 20 bucks, if they could easily get high quality games like Ocarina of Time or Windwaker for 10 bucks each.

Not sure what solution Nintendo will come up with. But they can't ignore this fact. And it might very well be the reason why we haven't seen more consoles on NSO.

dionysos283

Magician

@dionysos283

I believe it has more to do with Nintendo viewing NSO as already being a tremendous value for the asking price. There are what...over a 100 NES and SNES game available through NSO? Lets say Nintendo were to add GBA to NSO. They'd probably increase the monthly fee as a result.

And I'm not sure how worried Nintendo is about legacy content interfering with indie sales figures.

We still have the occasion indie release that sells better on Switch than Playstation, Xbox, or PC.

Right?
https://www.pcgamer.com/indie-veterans-on-the-state-of-indie-...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

dionysos283

@Magician
Many notable Indie titles released first on Switch together with PC, like Hollow Knight and Hades. They were basically timed console exclusive. Also the Ori makers wanted their games on Switch, because it is an indie machine.

So I think Nintendo should be very worried about legacy content interfering with indie sales figures.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

DannyBoi

To be fair, didn't expect an indie world.

jump

That was alright! HOUSE OF THE DEAD , Turtles looks cool, more of CrisTales, and I liked the other OlliOlli games plus Aztech and Aerial_Knight's Never Yield I'm gonna keep an eye on. I also never got around to actually playing Oxenfree after buying so this has reminded me to play that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

The Direct was boring.
Yawn....
I only noticed Key We, already knew from play-asia.
Oh, well. I will check play-asia after this.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

How did everyone enjoy the Indie World? I thought it was an extremely fascinating presentation mixing tons of visual and gameplay styles. Very happy with the show!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

I'm quite happy almost all of them are on Steam or coming there, @TheJGG .... Certainly lots of games in there, so should be something for most

SW-4357-9287-0699

BenAV

There weren't any in particularly that really jumped out at me but there were quite a few potentially interesting narrative-focused games that could be my thing. I'll also probably grab Fez at the very least as I haven't played it before.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

Oh no! It seems you’re part of the dreaded PC Masta Race... @BruceCM! How could you betray us?!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

That indie direct was pretty good honestly! I may look into CrisTales and Aztech: Forgotten Gods looks neat as well!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

BruceCM

Lol, @TheJGG .... I'm glad Switch is getting those games too but I prefer them on Steam! I'm glad because I already had the ones I liked on my wishlist & otherwise that'd be a few more games I'd be thinking of getting

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

TheJGG wrote:

How did everyone enjoy the Indie World? I thought it was an extremely fascinating presentation mixing tons of visual and gameplay styles. Very happy with the show!

It was booooring.
Only noticed 1 interesting game Key We that i already knew from play-asia.
Nothing interesting by overall for me.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM If I used Steam more... or at all ... I’d buy games for it that need the power. Indie games for the most part are not too demanding on Switch hardware so the rare times I do get an indie I get it on Switch.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic