Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,981 to 8,000 of 15,939

TheFrenchiestFry

I don't expect hardware at all at this hypothetical E3 Direct

I do expect some major first party reveals and potentially big multiplats in addition to more info on Switch exclusives like SMT V

I don't expect them to flat out reveal a new Switch revision or anything though.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I was thinking it would be 3rd party stuff that can't run on the base Switch without cloud version so like FFVII Remake, more recent RE games, etc.

More recent 1st party titles like Bowser's Fury showcase that 1st party are more likely to end up like Hyrule Warriors Legends on base 3DS than be exclusive to the new Switch revision.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I feel like while gamefreak won’t have anything new to announce, they’ll get a spot in the e3 direct for their two new pokemon titles.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano ah, I can see that. Doubt many games will make much use of it, but I feel like some will.

VoidofLight

I feel like since it's already confirmed we're getting some form of News for BOTW 2, it'd be a mistake not to reveal it at the biggest gaming convention, where Nintendo usually goes all out.

MarioBrickLayer

It will be interesting to see how they present Zelda, assuming it's at E3. Mario had its own presentation so maybe they have more than one presentation that week? Maybe Zelda or Zelda + Switch Pro (assuming BOTW2 is the main launch title) and another presentation for everything else?

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer I just think BOTW 2 will be in the direct itself normally. I don't really think Zelda's anniversary will be like how they handled Mario, since Mario is their mascot, while Zelda isn't.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

Just a clarification.

You keep calling Jeff Grubb...Jeff Gruff...for whatever reason.

You quote him so much, at least put a little respect on his name.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

Honestly just seems a bit underwhelming, and I really wasn't expecting anything.

link3710

@Slowdive Huh, well that makes sense.

Still, the 12.0 update appears to be about the dock having firmware updates and 4k output so...

link3710

VoidofLight

I still think a Switch Pro isn't coming this year, since it'll just become another ps5 situation.

dionysos283

@Slowdive
I feel like Nate and Jeff generated hype for something bigger (NSO revamp, Indie World, etc.) and are now back-paddling, saying "no, this is exactly what we where hinting at".

And the 12.0 update still doesn't make sense.

dionysos283

Blooper987

I'm expecting a partners showcase with ace attorney, monster hunter stories, and a couple other things maybe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Clyde_Radcliffe

The random Pacman 99 announcement actually makes me feel like the NSO revamp rumours have some truth to them. It feels like something they'd want to get out of the way before announcing something bigger, as to not overshadow it.

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

@Clyde_Radcliffe I prefer to take the glass half empty approach and view it to mean there's no Direct comings soon as they would have included it in it and the next Direct is too far away to wait.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

@Clyde_Radcliffe @jump you both make really good points! Nintendo are a complete mystery at times.

Does Nintendo do a Direct to give more info on Miitopia + Hyrule Warriors DLC? If so, do they announce anything else...

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

Assuming BotW 2, Bayo 3, and MP 4 are all 2022 or later releases...isn't SMT V the lone exclusive game scheduled for a second-half 2021 release but doesn't even have a release window yet? I think E3 would be the best place to reveal...whatever Atlus has ready to show for that game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

The only already announced thing Nintendo would need to give an update on prior to E3 is Mario Golf. TPC does their own thing with Pokemon so they'd provide any new info on New Pokemon Snap, Famicom Detective Club is an old game so won't get much promo, same with Miitopia, same with Skyward Sword HD and the Hyrule Warriors DLC is just pass bonus costumes until June so the main content is more likely to be an E3 reveal. DC Super Hero Girls will probably just be info revealed on social media.

Pokemon may have a Pokemon Presents in June for the DP remakes though if Legends Arceus re-appears before its launch it'll likely be tied to new Switch revision marketing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic