Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,281 to 7,300 of 15,939

BenAV

Wish it was at a different time as 9am doesn't fit well into my current sleep pattern (going to bed at around 6-7am) but I'm pretty keen. 50 minutes is super long. Hopefully that means a lot of info and not too many overly drawn out segments.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Ralizah

Oh yeah, I'm thinking we'll probably hear about Nocturne HD Remaster as well. April release, maybe?

This is going to be a LONG 30 hours for me. Ugh.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Qwertyninty

Well I know it’s a long shot only thing I really would want to see is switch pro announced. Other than than apex legends gameplay would be cool. Nothing else I’m expecting. I guess they could surprise me with something. We will see.

Qwertyninty

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 It was likely because of the other platforms as the Crash 4 announcement was for Switch, PS5 and Series X|S. An example of this in the past with other studios was back in September 2018 when an earthquake in Japan delayed a Direct by a week and a lot of the 3rd party announcements in the Direct happened on the original Direct date anyway meaning they weren't surprises when the Direct happened.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SViper

@Anti-Matter I wish for Sims 4 on Nintendo Switch too. xD
The Direct will start for me at midnight, but me and my brother waking up past noon and going sleep way past midnight, so cool.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Dezzy

Oh wow, that IGN dude was probably right then?

He said we were getting a Zelda Collection in March and BotW2 for Christmas. Super pumped for this. Please can we have Metroid Prime Trilogy now as well?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Wasn't the rumour a Zelda Direct on the 18th? A general Direct on the 17th means the person's wrong in that case.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

dionysos283 wrote:

So since it apparently won't be a Zelda specific Direct, do you guys still think we'll see some Zelda anniversary stuff?

I really hope so!!

50 minutes is a long time! Assuming BOTW 2 is a holiday game and the Tweet is 100% accurate, then maybe we'll see a split announcement? or maybe there won't be any Zelda stuff

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

It’s been 3,000 years

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

CITRONtanker

Also, if my math is correct, this ends the amount of days between the Directs at a grand total of 531 days. This count excludes Direct Mini's, Partners Showcases, and Directs dedicated to specific games.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Grumblevolcano

The Direct timing couldn't have been better, 3D World took shorter than I expected (I definitely remember it taking longer than a few days when I got it on Wii U back in 2013) so currently waiting for Bravely Default II which is a whole 10 days away.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

The Tweet states games already out such as Smash Bros - so I am expecting another fighter to be revealed? What other games already out will be shown and how much will be dedicated? I do feel this puts an end to the Zelda anniversary announcement to some degree.

I am just amazed Nintendo are doing a Direct. Perhaps this is a sign things are moving back to normality in their Japanese studios.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

I've been saying for ages that I didn't think we'd see general Directs anymore, this is great!!

MarioBrickLayer

jump

I can't help but feel the news of an actual Direct will distract from the serious conversations about British comedy acts in this thread now ;(

So first half means the expected mega game for Xmas wont be mentioned but my pie in the sky wants;

Mother 3 localized
Bayonetta 3 dated
Zelda BOTW 2 dated
SMT 5 dated
Dreamcast collection (c'mon Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio!)
Cloud versions Deathloop and Resident Evil Village
New Fatal Frame
Resident Evil Licker in Smash
Persona 3/4/5 ports

I'm not hugely fussed by it but I reckon Hyrule Warriors AOC DLC is likely.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

I'm sure there will be some surprises thrown in and not just known games. I'm optimistic since it's just for the first half of the year. So we won't have to wait long for whatever comes.

The downside is I don't believe games like botw 2, mp4, and bayo 3 will be present since they probably aren't first half 2021 games. Hope I'm wrong though

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yes but given how long it's been since a Direct, I think its safe to assume they had some genuine information but just weren't sure on the details.

The odds of getting the date within 1 day are quite low.

Grumblevolcano

Some predictions:

• Smash character is either Crash or Monster Hunter
  • Galaxy 2 is DLC for 3D All Stars
  • Animal Crossing March update, perhaps also paid DLC
  • Age of Calamity free update or season pass (there's a few characters like Astor and Sooga that aren't playable but have a moveset)
  • At least 1 old Zelda announcement
  • BotW 2, Bayonetta 3 and Prime 4 are not present
  • Fire Emblem Remake (Genealogy or Binding Blade)
  • Some Splatoon announcement (DLC, future updates or spinoff)
  • Something to do with NSO (perhaps shedding light on the 3D All Stars March 31st situation)
  • MH Rise is given an approximately 10 minute spotlight and a second demo is announced

Grumblevolcano

Euler

There’ll be a massive Breath of the Wild-style trailer with at least 3 minutes of unseen footage. Then it’ll turn out to be Hyrule Warriors DLC.

Euler

Dezzy

Who was who said that we'd be getting Galaxy 2 sometime this spring? Someone definitely claimed that in the last week or so?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic