Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 15,799

MarioBrickLayer

What are the chances we see a Zelda Direct in the next two weeks?

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer Next week is the best chance of a Zelda Direct given it's closest to the actual anniversary and the 2 weeks surrounding has much more likely other stuff happening.

• This week - 3D World launch (Nintendo wouldn't distract from its launch by giving Zelda news)
  • Next week - Best chance of Zelda Direct
  • Week after - Pokemon Direct is very likely (both 2016 and 2019 had Pokemon Direct as close to Pokemon Day as possible without being on a weekend)

So I think if there's not a Zelda Direct next week then not much is being done for Zelda 35th anniversary.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano In other words, don’t expect Nintendo to do anything for Zelda’s anniversary. Gotcha

Seriously, Nintendo are so out of left field I would not be surprised if they just did a tweet saying “What’s your favourite Legend of Zelda moment?” And leave it at that for the whole anniversary. At least until second half of the year when they do a limited release collection like they did with Mario. It’s still anniversary year and there’s every chance they only started work on it when they saw how insanely successful they were with the Mario collection.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

dionysos283

I'm with @FragRed on this one. Nintendo can announce a Zelda anniversary Direct whenever they want. They are not bound by a certain date. I also think that a Zelda collection is fairly certain to come this year. Nintendo would be crazy not to milk this cash cow, especially since it's relatively easy to make.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

HobbitGamer

How exactly are releasing a collection of old Zelda games and releasing a last gen port mutually exclusive? People that want to buy an 8 year old Mario game will buy it regardless of what else is out there. People that want to buy a group Zelda games from at least 10 years ago will buy it.

"It's impossible because other gaems are coming out. They aren't going to release gaems when gaems are gaems and coming out gaems." ~Wise man

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@HobbitGamer It's more that post general Direct era Nintendo likes to wait until the already announced stuff is out before announcing the next thing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano They really don't, though. They announced 3D World before 3D All-Stars came out. They announced Pokemon Snap before 3D World came out.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

dionysos283

@HobbitGamer
And 3D World, 3D All-Stars, and Age of Calamity were announced before Pikmin 3 Deluxe came out (which was announced in early August).

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

@HobbitGamer The March Direct Mini came after Animal Crossing and we didn't start getting Partner Showcases until after Paper Mario.

Grumblevolcano

dionysos283

@Grumblevolcano
But following this logic, do we have to wait until after 3D World, Monster Hunter Rise, or New Pokémon Snap?

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 3D World. MH Rise is 3rd party and TPC does things their own way so New Pokemon Snap likely doesn't fit into Nintendo's announcement plans.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@timleon Well yeah, that's because Persona only inherited the monster elements from Shin Megami Tensei. SMT is the series that's basically Pokémon with demons. (Albeit, Pokémon's predecessor)

@Giancarlothomaz As if. There' no way they're announcing their holiday title before summer, release dates are too volatile right now.

EDIT: I'm not referring to any modern Pokemon regarding SMT V. I said that if the production qualities were at Persona 5's level, and I said that SMT is the predecessor to Pokemon (being introduced in the 80s as Megami Tensei) If I did say Modern though, I'd usually mean XY - SS. XY was the point where the series started it's decline, and being the first 3D game basically the start of the current era.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Announcing new hardware 9 months in advance doesn't make sense either, especially given the MH Rise limited edition Switch is a base Switch.

Grumblevolcano

dionysos283

What makes me skeptical about this rumor is that it says that the Zelda collection will supposedly come out in March while the Mario 35th Anniversary is still ongoing? April would make much more sense.

dionysos283

dionysos283

So I guess the Crash 4 announcement rules out a Partner Showcase in February.

dionysos283

CITRONtanker

Pretty much. Crash 4 would be a perfect, big-name game to show off in a Partner Showcase.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Giancarlothomaz

@link3710 i see and i forget to mention that Kelios retweeted this person tweet, well if in february 18th, we don't have no Direct related to Legend of Zelda 35th anniversary, we can consider this rumor debuked.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

NintendoByNature

To be fair, he IS in the industry. So if it doesn't happen on the 18th, it's probably not happening for a while.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic