Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 15,874

BabyYoda71

@jump Oh ok haha

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

VoidofLight

I'm of the opinion that a direct will happen when it happens. I'm not expecting a big direct at all. Partner directs are probably more likely. Nintendo is probably just going to release random trailer drops that are announced a day in advance for their big games this year, which is sad, but it's better than nothing. I feel like this month we'll probably get a Pokemon direct, and nothing else. Mainly because Pokemon directs usually happen in February in accordance to Pokemon Day. People have high hopes that Sinnoh remakes are going to come out this year, but honestly, I wouldn't expect anything from the direct. They might show the titles of those remakes (if they are in-fact real), but other than that, they usually announce remakes a bit later into the year.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

CITRONtanker

Now that January is over with no real announcements, I am in the firm belief that we will not be getting any new major Nintendo news until Pokemon Day, barring a sudden Smash reveal.

From the start of the year, I was in the mindset that we wouldn't get any major first party announcements for at least the first two months of the year, in a Direct or otherwise. And as I thought, Nintendo spent all of last month, and will spend this month promoting 3D World. This was an inevitability. In short, I do try to heavily regulate my expectations from all the speculation regarding Directs, simply because of how unpredictable Nintendo is. And who knows, maybe the Pokemon Direct won't reveal much. They might spend most of their time on that dead duck of a MOBA that isn't even out yet.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Grumblevolcano

That would be something if Pokemon Day passes and the only news is more info on Pokemon Unite, that reveal was probably the 2nd most negatively received game announcement of last year (1st being GTAV for PS5).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CITRONtanker

Exactly. And knowing The Pokemon Company, I don't see this Pokemon Day being a grand, joyous day for us all to rejoice. I'm sure they'll find some way to screw it up. At least New Pokemon Snap is only a couple months away.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

TheFrenchiestFry

Shin Megami Tensei treats me right where Pokemon didn't lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Vortexeo

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm super excited to give that series a go!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry That's me with Persona and Cyber Sleuth. I still like older pokemon games, but I don't really care for the modern pokemon titles. I hope if we do get Sinnoh Remakes at all this year, they're actually good.. however I doubt it, knowing Gamefreak.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Persona is basically modern Pokemon done right at this point

It has things that definitely seperate it like the whole social sim angle but it has deeper stories, actually well written characters that aren't one note or paper thin in terms of characterization outside of "being the best" or "taking over the world" and its battle system doesn't get stale whatsoever. It feels like it's more strategic and actually requires you to think

TheFrenchiestFry

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry I mean, if SMT V hits Persona 5's quality, that'll probably be a better inheritor of the modern Pokemon title... But yeah. I mean, SMT/Persona is the predecessor of Pokemon when it comes to monster collecting, not a surprise it outdoes it I suppose.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 Honestly there are still a good chunk of Atlus games I think still outclass Persona 5 in a lot of ways. It's my least favorite of the modern Persona games but I think it stings a little more for me considering I had to wait through like 3 delays across 4 years and still thought that while it's a great game, it's far from my favorite Persona title

Hell I think SMT IV and Catherine are better honestly

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Honestly, I agree with you on Persona 5. The story’s good, but it didn’t leave as much as an impact on me as 4 did. I’m on the royal content currently, snd that’s pretty much already better than the main story to me. Still need to beat that content though.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight The main antagonist of the third semester was probably the best written Palace Ruler since Kamoshida

It felt like a throwback to when Atlus tried to make humanized villains with characters like Joker in the Persona 2 duology and their motivations come off as well-intended but ultimately too screwed up to come to pass. It's actually a great commentary on how your ideal reality will never be as fulfilling as just living life with all its hardships

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Honestly, I can’t wait to progress through the rest of the royal content.

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry I meant hitting Persona 5 levels of production quality. Say what you will about it, but it's one of the best looking and sounding JRPGs this generation.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 Oh for sure

Persona 5 is probably the best presented game of this entire generation. They've been getting better at properly defining the visual style of their RPGs since Persona 3 and this has even carried over into games like SMT IV and IV Apocalypse, but P5 was basically them perfecting how their games are presented down to their art direction and UI. That game isn't even among the very best looking PS4 games in terms of sheer detail but it really gets up there because of how amazing its art direction is

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Playing through 5, it feels like it's the strongest one out of the modern persona games, in terms of it's gameplay and art direction. Story-wise, It's pretty alright. I wish the characters were as engaging as the ones in 4.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Buizel

Tbh the only parallels I see between Persona and Pokemon are the selection of monsters and the turn-based battling...it all stops there, really. Each series scratches a particular itch and I'd honestly never thought of comparing them, tbh. For me, Persona is more about the story, social links, and characters, with the monster part secondary (or, even, tertiary). Sure, monster capturing and building is key to battle - but only really in advancing your stats and abilities - the monsters are otherwise quite disposable and out of the picture, rather than the key focus like in Pokemon.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth is actually somewhere in the middle, I think. It's a great series and I really recommend it to fans of either Pokemon or Persona (although it never reaches the absolute highs of either series, it's pretty solid all around).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic