Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,141 to 7,160 of 15,474

FragRed

Well, no Direct today. Guess we can all wait until tomorrow in case it happens 24 hours from now.

Now, let’s get this thread back on track... Harry Hill. That’s a name I think we could export to the US, as a good tester of how much damage we can cause on their nation.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

boop23

you guys actually set yourself up for disappointment every week huh?

boop23

FroZtedFlake

We aren't gonna get a direct for at least like two weeks

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

@FragRed That could work. Harry Hill was a doctor before became a funny man so I can see him doing loads of talk shows like Oprah advising on the pandemic and inbetween those then go onto Jerry Springer to announce FIGHT! when the poor people fight each other over who is the baby daddy or 48 year old son doesn't want to leave home.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Hmm, quite a lot of February 2nd has already happened and no sign of Apex Legends news (Season 8 has already begun).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

I wonder wether they had to delay the game or the partner showcase? 🤔

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

JokerCK

Apex Legends will launch on Nintendo Switch on March 9.

Nintendo Switch players will receive 30 free levels on the Season 8 Battle Pass, to help catch up on the new Season.

JokerCK

Dezzy

FragRed wrote:

Now, let’s get this thread back on track... Harry Hill. That’s a name I think we could export to the US, as a good tester of how much damage we can cause on their nation.

Only 2 british things that needed to be exported to the US, but we never got round to it. The 2 best sitcoms ever made, which of course are Blackadder and Red Dwarf.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@Dezzy you misspelled Spaced.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

dionysos283

Well, at least I was correct to say that they wouldn't shadow drop the game outside of a partner showcase.

dionysos283

FragRed

@Dezzy @jump He misspelled Last of the Summer Wine. 30 years of none stop old people doing same thing and somehow getting a laughter track to find it funny

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

Well, no Apex Legends seems to confirm that we won't be getting a Partner Direct too soon. Guess I'll check in again once we hit March lol.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 The fact it was officially announced on the official Twitter account does seem to suggest it was never part of any plans for a Direct. So I’m with you, will see what happens in March with Nintendo’s announcements.

jump

@FragRed How the hell was Last of the Summer Wine on for 30 years?! I would have thought the cast would die off too soon for it to go that many years since they were all roughly between 70-160 at the time, it's not like The Simpsons when someone in the cast dies or wants more money they just replace them with someone who sounds the same.

I'd take Last Of The Summer Wine over rubbish like Mr Bean which somehow has managed to be successful in America. It was also popular in Malaysia for some reason too.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@jump Actually it was more than 30 years. It began in 1973 and end in 2010 in which it had 31 seasons. And the cast did die off, almost everyone is dead and a great many died during the course of its run. Only one or two are still alive but they were also really young when they joined the series.

Mr Bean is easy to translate because of the lack of any real dialogue and being action based. It’s also huge in France and I think other European nations. It’s probably our biggest comedy export programme.

jump

@FragRed What's really young, were they just in their 50s rather than 90s? ;p

It's a sad that Mr Bean is considered a big economic export for the UK. However I look at America with Friends and I see it could be worse. Fun fact, Mr Bean and Iron Maiden teamed up once to do a comedy song.

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@jump I think one was in their 30s when they joined, but they’re now in their 60s. There is one old cast member still alive. Born in the late 1920s so is definitely in his 90s now.

And then you have The Young Ones with Cliff Richard doing a comic relief song (does the US know what comic relief is?)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic