Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,121 to 7,140 of 15,874

jump

@JokerCK I'd imagine the next Direct will have a Dance Dance Revolution game curated by Simon Cowell featuring chart hits like Bo Slecta, Mr Blobby, PJ & Duncan before they became Ant & Dec, Teletubbies say "Eh-oh!", James Corden's football song and Zig & Zag. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GrailUK

@jump And it will inexplicably be number one for 32 consecutive weeks

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

theJGG wrote:

His role in the Emoji Movie summarises him best for me; cringe-worthy at best, pathetically random, and

For obvious reasons, I didn't actually know he was in the Emoji Movie.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@JokerCK With October's Partner Showcase opening the floodgates on cloud versions with Control and Hitman 3 it'll be interesting to see the balance between native and cloud versions this time

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@JokerCK Where are you hearing about this supposed shadow drop partner showcase? And why didn’t your sources indicate that Nintendo were revealing a surprise trailer for an exclusive NSO game version of Britain’s Got Talent where the player uses the Joy-Cons to try and impress a hungover Simon Cowell in “fun and imaginative” ways that almost equals the quality of the type of crap you see on the TV show itself

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

The 21st is the Zelda Anniversary which is a Sunday and unlikely for a Direct. I think there is a chance we see something the week before or the week after. So not next week the week after or the week after that.

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

The signs we have for a Direct today are all 3rd party so that limits the type of Direct to standard Mini or Partner Showcase (general Directs are always announced in advance so that's out of the question). I think it all comes down to how much Zelda stuff Nintendo has planned for this year, if there's enough for a Zelda Direct they'd likely go Partner Showcase followed by Zelda Direct around February 18th. If however Zelda content this year is very limited (e.g. just 1 port or BotW 2 news) then a standard Mini could happen instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

At what time do Directs / partner showcases usually take place?

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 Standard Mini Direct, franchise specific Direct and Partner Showcase usually airs 2pm GMT/3pm BST which is in under 3 hours.

General Directs generally air around 10pm GMT/11pm BST but is announced a day in advance.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I thought they’d been at 4pm the past few partner showcases weren’t they? Maybe I’m wrong.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@dionysos283 Yeah that’s true. It is GMT right now as was during the last one or two partner showcases at least. My knowledge when they shift from BST to GMT is none existing until my phone and computer change the time and I freak out lol.

mariomaster96

@Grumblevolcano I don't think they would put the first real news on BotW2 in an unannounced Direct cause this game is way too important to be shown off that way. I mean they dedicated a whole E3 to the first BotW.

But on the other side it's Nintendo, they like to do weird unpredictable stuff so who knows?

Edited on by mariomaster96

mariomaster96

FragRed

@mariomaster96 I agree. If Nintendo are going to say anything about that game it’ll likely be part of a Zelda anniversary Direct that’s announced the day before.

Grumblevolcano

@mariomaster96 That's not quite what I was meaning, if the only Zelda news this year was a port and BotW 2 the port may be announced in a Mini but BotW 2 would be revealed like Bowser's Fury was last month.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

It's past 2pm GMT, guess we're getting nothing then and the Apex Legends news is probably just a shadow drop trailer.

Grumblevolcano

dionysos283

@Grumblevolcano
In my opinion shadow dropping Apex Legends makes absolutely no sense. It will get no publicity whatsoever this way. I rather expect that the Switch release was delayed.

dionysos283

BruceCM

People have heard about that coming to Switch, though, even before the leaked date .... We'll soon know for sure, if it does appear on eshop today!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic