Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 7,061 to 7,080 of 15,881

Anti-Matter

LOL
Minna no Tennis, Tennis from Bomberman Battles are way much better than Mario Tennis Aces in my opinion after i compared their gameplay.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Rabbids twitter account changed from RabbidsOfficial to MarioRabbids. It's not definite confirmation of a Mario + Rabbids 2 but if it was to exist we'll likely be hearing about it very soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

@Grumblevolcano
What makes you think that we'll hear about it soon? Maybe behind the scenes they are preparing an announcement in March or April?

dionysos283

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Wait they only now changing the Twitter account? Kinda odd they never did that back when the first game was revealed. Though I just looked up Rabbids and it still says RabbidsOfficial when I went to the account.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

BenAV

@FragRed Looks like they've changed it back now which is pretty suspicious in itself.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed They changed it back to RabbidsOfficial after sites started reporting on the change to MarioRabbids.

@dionysos283 Timing, not something that would be done a few months in advance. That said I'm not convinced it'll be an actual sequel perhaps just Mario 35th anniversary stuff or the return of the tournament. Ubisoft seems ready to ditch Switch outside of Just Dance and cloud versions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That is a hell of a big blunder to make, as if no one would question such a move. But going back makes it even worse and now everyone will start really asking questions.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@BenAV I mean, I'd easily rather have Mario and Rabbids than modern Mario Party + Golf combined, I'd agree. That was my prediction, not my wishlist lol.

And to everyone else, yeah, that proooobably means an announcement is soon... The question is will it be part of an event or not.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

There we go, another quiet week from Nintendo. The only thing being the Animal Crossing update but even that is a rather small update.

Monday is when we find out how well Nintendo did for October - December 2020.

Grumblevolcano

RR529

@Grumblevolcano, they also announced the MonHun Switch, but yeah.

I don't expect to hear any new exclusive news for awhile, now that we have SM3DW, BDII, MHR, & NPS set for the next few months.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

I'm telling people, there's not gonna be any more news for a while. I think the next Direct will be like a month after Monster Hunter Rise.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

I'd imagine Ninty will announce after Mario as there's nothing else they are publishing with a release date in Japan. Also with their financial year end is a couple of months so they will need to start announcing things to talk about in investors calls.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

mariomaster96

So what do you guys think: Since it's clear that Apex Legend will launch on February 2nd (since many sites like Amazon Japan has listed the game for February 2nd or Nintendo Japan themself that it will launch soon), do you think that they just drop a trailer saying it's out now or do you think the will hold off a Partner Showcase next Tuesday and will shadowdrop the game afterwards. Cause we haven't had a PS since October and there are many upcoming third-party games in the first half of 2021 like BD2, MH Rise, SMT3 HD etc I think it's likely there will be one next week

mariomaster96

mariomaster96

@Dezzy "I think the next Direct will be like a month after Monster Hunter Rise."
Pokemon will almost surely get a Direct in February since February 27th marks the 25th anniversary of the series

mariomaster96

BruceCM

Probably a partner showcase soon, @mariomaster96 .... Not so much for MH Rise, as that had it's own thing but there's probably some new games to reveal as well as update existing ones!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@mariomaster96

They might not have a major game coming out this year though. Except for the Snap thingy.

mariomaster96

@Dezzy Nah I'm sure they will release a new major game this year cause it's their 25th anniversary and they are already celebrating this (on their Twitter account etc), so it would be weird for them to not release a new game. Also we haven't gotten a new game last year (only DLC) either. I don't think GF/TPC would go 2 consecutive years without a new game.

mariomaster96

rallydefault

I don't expect to see anything until March, honestly, maybe even after the Mario stuff is over.

rallydefault

Dezzy

@mariomaster96

Well I seriously doubt the next major 3D game is coming this year. Those take a lot longer to make. That'll be next year at the earliest. Or maybe even 2023 if they choose to really go all-out and make a AAA level game.

Maybe they'll do another old remake for this year though.

mariomaster96

@Dezzy "Maybe they'll do another old remake for this year though."
Yeah that's exactly what I expect (DP Remakes)
But even a remake is considered a big game imo. I think DP remake are even more anticipated than completely new games (at least for long time fans)

Also I doubt they are going to make a AAA level pokemon game cause that would raise the expectation for all future games too much and for GF/TPC/Nintendo it's most likely more profitable to release 3-4 lower effort Pokemon games within 4 year that each sells 15-20mio unit instead of making one high effort one that sells ~30mio units

Edited on by mariomaster96

mariomaster96

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic