Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,921 to 6,940 of 15,939

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I doubt it. Strikers is blacklisted at Nintendo as far as is publicly known, since that's what made them clamp down hard on the Mario IP. If we do get a Strikers it'll be a shadow of it's former self a la Paper Mario.

link3710

teo_o

@Grumblevolcano Ouch...BOTW2 delayed and lots of ports and remakes? good thing i activated game pass ultimate. Seriuosly though, this will be the first year of PS5 and XBOX and no BOTW2?

teo_o

rockodoodle

teo_o wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Ouch...BOTW2 delayed and lots of ports and remakes? good thing i activated game pass ultimate. Seriuosly though, this will be the first year of PS5 and XBOX and no BOTW2?

Ya know, this was a fear of mine in the back of my mind after Luigi’s Mansion. Besides AC and Pokémon, there really was not much listed as far as future releases for original content. Nintendo is treating remasters and ports like new. I guess it’s not a huge deal since there is a lot to do with indies and third party, but it would be nice to have some Nintendo love. That’s the biggest reason to get a Nintendo console and I ain’t feeling much love now.

rockodoodle

link3710

@teo_o It's just our guesses lol. Pretty sure everyone is convince at this point that Nintendo's internal games have been delayed indefinitely by COVID.

link3710

VoidofLight

I think the November release could be Sinnoh Remakes. At least, judging by the pattern of remake releases thus far. The only thing is, it's unpredictable now, due to Let's Go. There's a chance that Let's Go Pikachu basically reset the remakes, and that we won't be getting a Sinnoh Remake, but instead a Let's Go Jhoto game. I expect us to see something on pokemon day though, since well.. that's when they usually announce the big game each year. Perhaps a small direct, like I mentioned the other day.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MPSSislit

Since you guys were talking about Mario sports games earlier, do you guys think we'll get a new Mario & Sonic game this year or next year, for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games? 🤔
Also, do you think we'll get any DLC for Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 this year since the Tokyo 2020 Olympics are happening this year? 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

link3710

@SM3DASislit Yes for the former, no for the latter. They'll be too busy working on the next game to also make Tokyo DLC.

link3710

jump

I'd love to see the cheek of releasing Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 as Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2021 with no new additions, just like FIFA. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CITRONtanker

Everyone's leaving predictions for the upcoming months, so hey, I'll take a crack of it.

January: Nothing
February: 3D World + Bowser's Fury
March: Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection, Zelda 35 to replace Super Mario Bros 35. (highly original, I know, but why deny the inevitable?)
April: Was going to say nothing, but New Pokemon Snap is coming at the end of the month.
May: A Mario Sports title, likely Mario Golf
June: Metroid Prime Trilogy
July: Off month for strictly Nintendo, but I do think No More Heroes 3 will release this month
August: Splatoon spin-off (A big wild card, but if it happens, I'll be ecstatic)
September: Nothing
October: Bayonetta 3
November: Diamond and Pearl remakes
December: Nothing, as per usual. 3D World and Diamond and Pearl remakes will be promoted heavily for holiday buyers.

I do think Nintendo will have a more successful year than last year. 3D World and Gen 4 remakes would be massive sellers, for we know the former is coming, and the latter is a given.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

MPSSislit

@link3710
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm hoping that we at least get some sort of event/competition in Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 when the Olympics happen this year.

@jump
I don't think Sega has done that with any of their games (IIRC), especially with the Mario & Sonic, nor do I think they will do that.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Grumblevolcano

@SM3DASislit I think both Olympics (the real events) will be cancelled due to the pandemic. Riders Republic (Ubisoft) game or DLC ends up coinciding with when the Winter 2022 Olympics would've been, the Official Tokyo Olympics SEGA game doesn't get localized and Mario & Sonic 2020 doesn't get updates.

@teo_o I think if BotW 2 needs more time Nintendo will be able to give it more time. If investors don't understand the need for extra time if Nintendo needs it, Nintendo can just show them the gigantic trainwreck known as Cyberpunk 2077.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rockodoodle

GigaMermaid wrote:

Everyone's leaving predictions for the upcoming months, so hey, I'll take a crack of it.

January: Nothing
February: 3D World + Bowser's Fury
March: Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection, Zelda 35 to replace Super Mario Bros 35. (highly original, I know, but why deny the inevitable?)
April: Was going to say nothing, but New Pokemon Snap is coming at the end of the month.
May: A Mario Sports title, likely Mario Golf
June: Metroid Prime Trilogy
July: Off month for strictly Nintendo, but I do think No More Heroes 3 will release this month
August: Splatoon spin-off (A big wild card, but if it happens, I'll be ecstatic)
September: Nothing
October: Bayonetta 3
November: Diamond and Pearl remakes
December: Nothing, as per usual. 3D World and Diamond and Pearl remakes will be promoted heavily for holiday buyers.

I do think Nintendo will have a more successful year than last year. 3D World and Gen 4 remakes would be massive sellers, for we know the former is coming, and the latter is a given.

Mario Golf would be wonderful....I think ur prediction is probably fairly close to reality. We might see another surprise or two.

rockodoodle

Anti-Matter

@SM3DASislit
I have Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 PS4 ASIA version (English texts) instead for customizable athletes like The Sims.

Anti-Matter

teo_o

@Grumblevolcano don't get me wrong, I'm totally up for more time and not crunching.
Give me Metroid 4 on the next console if that's what it takes, am I right?
But between the time they had, and the fact that they seem to like to sell DLCs, I thought this holiday could be reasonable for BOTW2.
Granted it's not the same game as Animal Crossing, which they published with missing features knowing we would get constant updates.
But I'm up for waiting one more year if they give us a game that miraculously takes the series to new heights.

teo_o

jump

@SM3DASislit It was a tongue in cheek comment but the Football Manager series is under SEGA and I've heard complaints about the mobile versions being samey.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

sixrings

I wouldn't mind some mario and sonic at Tokyo dlc with some sort of way to make a playlist of the events the player would like to play. The Sega made olympics game for ps and xb had playlists and some extra events so I don't know why mario and sonic couldn't add these features in to help sell games.

Also I am definitely hoping for a winter olympics title.

I hope mario golf, mario soccer and a new punch out comes out this generation. Ea isn't providing much sports support plus I prefer arcade like sports games anyways.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

MPSSislit

@Grumblevolcano
I'm hoping that they're not canceled, especially now that we have a vaccine being distributed. So, does SEGA not have the rights to the Winter 2022 Olympics then? It is odd how the other Olympics Games don't seem to ever be localized (for some reason).

@Anti-Matter
Okay, cool. Thanks for letting me know.

@jump
Oh okay, my bad. I somehow didn't realize it was a tongue in cheek comment, whoops. I feel like that's more of a problem with the genre (single sports sim games like Football Manager, FIFA, Madden, etc.), then the game itself.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

link3710

Well my prediction is already dead with Bayo 3 confirmed to not launch this year. I'll say slot in 2D Metroid where I had that, and replace Metroid with an FE remake.

link3710

Bolt_Strike

RIP traditional Directs. If they're making big announcements like the trailer for Bowser's Fury and New Pokemon Snap's release date with random trailer drops, that's a pretty big red flag that traditional Directs are dead.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Hmm, no Bayonetta 3. I'll swap it with Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water (Wii U port) but an actual proper release this time, not that NA digital only release nonsense.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic