Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,841 to 6,860 of 15,870

FragRed

@dionysos283 It will most likely be a Partner Showcase while Nintendo focus on marketing 3D World + Bower's Fury and then Monster Hunter Rise.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@dionysos283 It'll be nothing. We aren't getting a direct style video from them until March, which will be a Partner Showcase.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I think it will be this week, all seems to be adding up. Nintendo being silent, no info on Bowser's Fury with instead deciding to have a meaningless ad at the Game Awards, the meaningless Indie World ad at the Game Awards was followed by a new Indie World presentation a week later, etc.

Capcom having their own MH Rise event (not under the Direct branding) last week was odd though could be explained by the announcements in an upcoming Direct being so big that MH Rise is forgotten about.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Monster Hunter Rise is pretty damn big in terms of exclusives, and I don’t know what Nintendo would have to announce for first half which could possibly be too big to leave out Monster Hunter. The big first party games are usually second half.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

Capcom may have decided not to wait as they wanted the demo to roll out now rather than wait for Ninty and their at times bizarre ways of doing things.

Is it 3pm GMT yet? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

The activity of this thread is like a wave, completely influenced by the lunar gravity of Nintendo Direct rumours. I love speculation though so by no means am I complaining!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioBrickLayer

I'm assuming if they are releasing a Switch Pro this year they would tie in a few big game announcements to make it a big presentation?

Would they do that this early in the year? Or could it be a E3/June presentation?

If the Switch Pro is happening I think they'll have two major presentations this year, the Pro plus the Zelda anniversary one. I think everything else will be minis, partner showcases and nindies.

MarioBrickLayer

link3710

@FragRed @Grumblevolcano It's probably the opposite. If they do announce anything, it's stuff that's so small that Rise would have overshadowed it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Nintendo usually reveals almost if not the entirety of the year's lineup by March.

2017 - Switch Presentation - January 13th (Mario + Rabbids was the main 2017 game not known straight after the Direct)
2018 - Direct Mini - January 11th, general Direct - March 8th (Pokemon Let's Go and Super Mario Party were the main 2018 games not known straight after the March Direct)
2019 - General Direct - February 13th (Pokemon Sword/Shield was the main 2019 game not known straight after the Direct)

So if Nintendo were to do the same this year, MH Rise could get buried by stuff like BotW 2 and so giving MH Rise a week to itself would help.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Things is you left out 2020 and that's a key point since Ninty changed their approach with Coivd creating so many problems with their developments so they weren't announcing as much in advance, generally only a few months at time and one game at a time . It's looking like 2021 is likely to more affected than 2020's due to how games are developed.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

MarioBrickLayer

@jump Has much been written about how Nintendo are doing now? Was it a delay whilst they adapted how they worked during lockdowns etc and are now back to normal levels of productivity or are things still falling behind?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer It's all hearsay and rumour but apparently Ninty didn't adapt well, as odd as Japanese companies are Kyoyo companies are even odder, the authorization chain to get work done was convoluted. However they (pinch of salt) adapted in different ways by getting the Nintendo Europe team to work on Mario 3D All Stars rather than the Japan teams and delayed unannounced 2020 games to cover themselves if they can't get their original 2021 line up going.

Ps pinch of salt.

Nicolai wrote:

teo_o

@theJGG i fondly remember the days of r/NintendoNX, i was still studying and i had all the time in the world. I remember the Tomorrow meme and the Dawn of the final day - 24 hours remain stream on youtube before the switch first trailer. aaaah man, those were the days.
Speculation is always fun though if done non-toxically (as with everything, really)

teo_o

BenAV

I think Nintendo will likely just let Monster Hunter take the spotlight as the big system seller in the first half of the year and probably won't release any major new first party games until around May or June so I'm not expecting any big announcements this early in the year.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

nitrolink

Since general directs are basically required to have Smash news, I'm not expecting anything until March. They just released Sephiroth last month.

nitrolink

Grumblevolcano

@jump SMB 35th anniversary would've been much more than just a bunch of games announcements had the pandemic not happened and GAME leaking Lego Super Mario being announced in a Direct suggests there was a general Direct for early March with the "one more thing" being SMB 35th anniversary stuff but the Mario stuff got cut because of the pandemic and became a Direct Mini in late March.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/random_game_mention...

The stuff outside gaming for SMB 35th anniversary could've been a bigger factor for ditching the old Direct strategy because while games can get announced and then delayed, the other stuff is much less likely to actually happen at all.

Grumblevolcano

DannyBoi

Think a general direct is coming this week?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

RR529

I think we'll probably get into a pattern of weekly announcements again, like we had last fall before the holidays hit (events like the Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Hyrule Warriors: AoC, & Kirby Fighters 2 announcements, the monthly Partner Showcases, the autumn Indie World, and the Mario 35th Direct were all in back to back to back weeks pretty much I believe, though obviously not in that exact order).

Arguably you could consider last week's Monster Hunter Rise showcase to be the first of these weekly events, and I believe it will be followed up with a new Super Mario 3D World trailer (with Bowser's Fury info) & the year's first Partner Showcase in the following weeks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic