Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 6,888

NintendoByNature

Id be happy with any of those zelda scenarios. Just hoping at least 1 or 2 of them would come true.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@link3710 I really hope you're wrong on the Zelda collection as I would prefer just for the re-release of WW and TP HD versions (I would pay 60 for each) as I never played those versions

Balta666

link3710

@Balta666 I mean, all I personally want is OOT/MM HD to become a reality, because even a straight uprezzed port of the 3DS titles would look amazing compared to the originals.

But I'm expecting Nintendo to basically ignore any previous improved versions, per usual.

link3710

daisygurl

All I want for christmas is......
NINTENDO DIRECT!
Jokes aside, I just want more ACNH news.

Love anything about Nintendo, and Mario. Want cruddy SMM2 levels? Just find daisyfan18.

My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo

Shulkahuna

@rockodoodle
It wasn't announced, that's just a @link3710 theory. I do think it's a possibility though. Mario Golf is the most consistent Mario sports title besides Tennis and I think we're due for another one.

I'm really feeling it!

ToadBrigade

link3710 wrote:

Legend of Zelda Collection: Poorly emulated versions of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Contains none of the upgrades of the 3D/HD version from last gen.

My day was going pretty well until I read this. Now I’m just depressed.

Hollow Knight for Smash!

rockodoodle

Shulkahuna wrote:

@rockodoodle
It wasn't announced, that's just a @link3710 theory. I do think it's a possibility though. Mario Golf is the most consistent Mario sports title besides Tennis and I think we're due for another one.

Loved it on the 3ds

rockodoodle

link3710

@rockodoodle Yeah no, please don't turn that post into some sorta leak please. It was literally just my guess as to what games are coming out. And since Camelot hasn't released a game in 3 years, it's about time for their next title. Like how it's been that long since HAL's last main title as well, so I guessed we'd see Kirby.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 You joke about this but the fact that 3D All Stars is selling as well as it is means Nintendo will probably be inclined to do this in the future.

I can't believe Nintendo is actually making ATLUS look good when it comes to re-releases of old content

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

rockodoodle

link3710 wrote:

@rockodoodle Yeah no, please don't turn that post into some sorta leak please. It was literally just my guess as to what games are coming out. And since Camelot hasn't released a game in 3 years, it's about time for their next title. Like how it's been that long since HAL's last main title as well, so I guessed we'd see Kirby.

I thought it was conjecture, but then I might have missed something....

rockodoodle

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry It wasn't meant as a joke lol. I'm 100% serious that I expect a poorly emulated Zelda collection next year, and that Nintendo is going to abandon making decent legacy content releases.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 I literally don't remember an instance where they ever did good collections of legacy content outside Kirby's 20th on Wii, so it's not like they ever really went there outside a few instances

TheFrenchiestFry

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 64 DS (well, it was ambitious at least). Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS.

If you count Kirby, basically every Fire Emblem remake too should count.

I'm not talking about massive collections, I'm talking things with effort put in them. Given they're making just as much on 0 effort, I expect remakes to go the way of the dinosaur.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 I said collections because I was talking in the context of 3D All Stars. And I consider OoT and Majora's Mask to be remakes, not really remasters since they do more than just clean up the visuals. Same with 64 DS.

TheFrenchiestFry

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry My point was that my initial comment was saying remakes and remasters on their way out, Nintendo will just sell buggy emulated versions instead for the same cost.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Seems very much like there's no Partner Showcase this week, next week seems more likely than the week after given the dates given so far:

July 20th
August 26th
September 17th

By the way Vanquish's 10th anniversary is next week. Given other platforms got a Bayonetta/Vanquish bundle back in February 2020 and Bayonetta has been on Switch since February 2018, I could see a Vanquish Switch port be a shadow drop if a Partner Showcase did happen next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

link3710 wrote:

But I'm expecting Nintendo to basically ignore any previous improved versions, per usual.

Per usual? One time is usual?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Didn't they literally remake the Gameboy Zelda with a high quality toy aesthetic last year?

Haven't they spent much of the last decade giving fairly high quality Zelda remakes?

I mean the 3D All Stars thing and the lack of effort does bug me, but partially because nearly everything else surrounding the 35th anniversary has a lot more effort put towards it (and for that matter, the Pikmin remake coming out soon).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

link3710

@LzWinky @kkslider5552000 No, I mean that they won't ever rerelease any improved versions of games that come out. With the sole exception of Super Mario All-Stars, Nintendo tends to basically ignore any versions of games released after the original. For example, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Super Mario 64 DS, the Wii versions of Metroid Prime 1&2, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green, Star Fox 64 3D etc. My point is that any of the upgraded versions of titles will likely be completely ignored for later releases.

So I don't expect any of the improvements of Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Ocarina of Time 3D, or Majora's Mask 3D to make it to Switch. Instead they'll go back to the originals, and make a new set of tweaks.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic