Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,501 to 6,520 of 6,651

Dezzy

I'm not expecting anything particularly interesting, although more Bravely Default 2 would be nice.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

An announcement for Monster Hunter would be dope, but I feel as though that's expecting too much. While I try to keep my expectations in check, I would appreciate just one surprise. Nintendo did a good job of keeping SMT III HD and Taiko no Tatsujin Adventure Pack under wraps until they were revealed in their respective partner showcases. One announcement for a Switch port of some dormant or obscure franchise would be fine by me.

Switch Physical Collection - 630 games (as of September 23rd, 2020)
Currently playing: Jump Force (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

Well, if this partner showcase is good, we'll actually have had a solid September Direct... Just spread across four separate events in a month.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

If this Partner Showcase doesn't tell us to look forward to more Partner Showcases this year, I think we'll get a huge general Direct in October.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Why's that? If this Partner Showcase lives up to what little we know about it, that + Pikmin 3 + Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity + the Mario Direct + last months Partner Showcase ~= a normal September Direct in terms of content, just spread out over the course of about a month.

I don't think we'll see another direct this year, it looks like they've shown off what they wanted to.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I think the content is still backlog from earlier in the year. So like:

• March Direct = March Direct Mini + Mario Maker 2 final update + Pikmin 3 + Paper Mario + 35th anniversary Direct (at the very least, the "More Ways to Celebrate 35 years of Super Mario Bros." headline content given the Ninji Speedrun was originally planned for April)
  • E3 Direct = Age of Calamity + July Partner Showcase + August Partner Showcase + September Partner Showcase + Summer Animal Crossing updates + Smash Character 7 tease + 35th anniversary Direct (rest of the Direct if not all covered in March) + More info on Paper Mario
  • E3 Treehouse - Very heavily focused on Mario (including showfloor being Mario themed), Bakugan is a surprise reveal
  • September Direct = Mostly content that hasn't been announced yet

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Right, but if all that was delayed by 3-6 months, shouldn't we expect everything else in perpetuity to also be delayed by 3-6 months? So whatever was aimed for say, this September won't be ready to reveal until March or June of next year.

EDIT: Plus, as long as COVID goes on, Nintendo will continue to miss deadlines and the amount of content they are putting out will continue to dwindle.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

mariomaster96 wrote:

A portuguese shop lists Mass Effect Trilogy for the Switch, maybe it get's revealed tomorrow in the Partner Showcase (note that something like Darksouls Remastered also got revealed in a Direct Mini)

https://www.gamingreplay.com/pre-reservas-nintendo-switch/210...

This has been mentioned by enough different sources at this point, that it seems guaranteed. I would buy the PS4 version probably, but it'd still be a welcomed announcement tomorrow.

The Mass Effect trilogy was easily the best thing Bioware have ever done, and given their current deteriorated state, probably will be the best thing they ever do.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 The key is timeline. Right now outside of 3D World which was attached to the 35th anniversary celebrations, Nintendo's announcements have been very much focused on the very short term (i.e. within the next 2 months). To make the Switch more desirable this holiday, I think Nintendo will go beyond that.

Especially with the mess that's happening with 3D All Stars, the stock situation suggests Nintendo doesn't intend for it to be part of the games that sell well this holiday but rather just a very limited item like Super Mario All Stars for Wii.

Grumblevolcano

Noble_Haltmann

Ok, I know I'm probably way too wound up over the potential of a smash character soon, but here's just a thought I had:

Do you think they'd reveal FP 7 at the partner showcase if it's a third party character? That would be a good way to give some much needed hype to those showcases.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Blooper987

@Noble_Haltmann probably not but I’ve had that idea in the back of my head for a while now.

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Magician

@Noble_Haltmann

No chance.

Any new addition to SSBU would get it's own Direct and wouldn't be included in a partner showcase.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

TheFrenchiestFry

The fact that Nintendo announced this Partner Showcase ahead of time like they do with other Directs and some Direct Minis as opposed to shadow dropping it on the day, kinda tells me this is going to be a bit more ambitious in terms of the games being showcased. That's just me.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

IceClimbers

NoA just posted a follow up ICYMI tweet about tomorrow's Partner Showcase.

They REALLY want people to be aware of this one.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

GrailUK

@IceClimbers It's live streamed. Alarm bells should be ringing this isn't some video spool of a couple of games. Finally...a new Monkey Ball!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@TheFrenchiesFry @IceClimbers

No...shouldn't...must...not...get hype.

Woooooaaaaaahhhhhh!
Untitled

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers @TheFrenchiestFry I think it's that Nintendo realized that people would just skip through the Directs that aren't streamed (so like see a headline, don't care so skip and go to next headline) so they streamed this one so people would see the whole thing.

Grumblevolcano

Noble_Haltmann

Woah, I totally missed that it's being live streamed!! Now I am pretty convinced something fairly big is coming, smash or not.

...I hope it's not just that Mass Effect Trilogy

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

HobbitGamer

Slowdive wrote:

Lol, what a loon. "Oh, that one that I said was gonna happen, but didn't? I really meant this one right here. But it's a different one than what I said. Please follow me"

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic