Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,481 to 6,500 of 15,874

jedgamesguy

@Giancarlothomaz The thing with dreams is that they seldom come true... but even if one of these happens next year I'll have insane cause to enjoy next year as a Switch gamer

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dezzy

theJGG wrote:

The thing with dreams is that they seldom come true...

Are you about to break into song?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Bolt_Strike

So Markomaro on Twitter is claiming there's going to be a huge blowout of games for 2021/2022.

I highly doubt we'll get all of this, even considering this is basically 3 years' worth of games (with many games planned for 2020 releasing alongside 2021/2022 stuff), but I do feel like maybe about half of this is realistic. So which of these games could you see actually being real?

I think he's right about the following:
BotW2
2D Metroid
New Snap
Fire Emblem remakes
Bayonetta 3
Zelda collection/ports
Kirby
Diamond/Pearl remakes
Warioware
Detective Pikachu
Paper Mario remake
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4

Not as sure about the timing, but I think those games will happen in the near future.

The only major omissions from his list is that there's no mention of a Mario Odyssey 2 or a new Mario Kart game, I think both of those will happen soon as well.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Magician

@Bolt_Strike

As with any leak, insider info, or tinfoil hat guessimating...take it with a mount of salt. I think half of the things markomaro mentioned is for 2022 or later, not next year. We're now supposedly on the back half of the Switch's life cycle. Nintendo will want to space those games out over a few years, not just all in one.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I think the overall rumour is fake though some things will line up as being real. I think the biggest signs of it being fake are BotW 2 in April, Wario Land returning, Advance Wars returning, Pokemon Collection and Paper Mario remake.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

@Magician That's exactly what he's saying though, he's already indicating that half of them are 2022 and beyond. I think that's almost the entirety of the Switch's remaining major releases, so that's probably going to take us to next gen.

@Grumblevolcano Oh I definitely believe the rumor is fake, but I believe some parts of it will turn out to be real. Or maybe he threw in some fakes with real leaks so he doesn't attract too much attention from Nintendo, IIRC leakers do that sometimes. Now that you mention it, an April release for BotW2 does seem too soon, it'll need at least a 6 month marketing window, so it's looking more likely to be a Holiday 2021 title. Maybe that's when they originally planned it and it got delayed because COVID?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I used to think that BotW 2 was planned for holiday 2020/early 2021 with all those BotW teases early this year but since the Age of Calamity reveal it became clear that the BotW teases were teasing Age of Calamity, not BotW 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

faint

I feel like if we get a new Wario Land related anything it will be dl only (smaller title) or some crazy dlc for odyssey (the only major single player release to date without dlc)

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

GilbertXI

No, I will bet real money we won't see anything about BOTW 2 July 2021 at the earliest.

But I'm not going to bet real money, as I probably would have bet real money that I wouldn't be quarantined for almost a year, and that the PS5 wouldn't look like a space-age router.

GilbertXI

NintendoByNature

I guess no direct this week..is it past 3pm bst? So maybe next week I suppose.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy

All these musings about Breath of the Wild two...
Yet the people at Koei had absolutely no clue
How to count or even make
A decent story for god's sake
Forum goers have no fear
For now keep the ground to your ear
Listen out for anything credible
While I go off to find something edible
We'll have to wait to see what's in store
But you and your sibling have a PlayStation 4
To tide you over during these straits
Until the new games arrive in crates.
Thankfully for you
The end of this poem is near
Dezzy, I thank you
For helping me make words sear

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Well the DOOM Eternal update said much more info this month and the last day of this month is Monday. So I think either Direct on Monday or no Direct until January with the DOOM Eternal news being outside of a Direct.

Early December is Indie World time so Nintendo could do Indie World next week or the week after and perhaps have some presence at the Game Awards in the outcome of no Direct on Monday.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

My money is on February. January is a horrid month to build hype for anything as everyone is desperate for their next paycheck.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Euler

Four of the last nine Decembers have included at least one Nintendo Direct. Also, from 2013-on, there's been a non-indie Nintendo Direct every January except for 2016 and 2019. There's a lot outstanding and they actually have real competition now with the other two next-gen consoles.

Euler

teo_o

Nintendo is definitely dropping some sort of trailer of anything during the game awards. Strongest bet is botw2 obviously, but then someone could say "well that's a bummer, I already know botw2 is in development", so if they show a trailer of Zelda, it will certainly have at least a release window attached, if not a date. Then if nintendo wants to blow gamers minds, they'll briefly mention Zelda will come with a new switch model too, inviting us to tune to a later direct in January to find out more about it.
These are my bets.
But then there's the Zelda anniversary which throws me off a bit. If there are remasters planned, they have to come out in 2021, therefore before botw2, otherwise there would be no interest, you can't saturate the market with Zeldas.
So i say remasters in march, and BOTW 2 holidays 2021. And the new switch model...dunno really it's just fun to guess

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

StuTwo

I'm skeptical that there will be Zelda remasters in 2021. Just because between Hyrule Warriors and BoTW2 it's a lot of Zelda in a short space of time. The kind of over-saturation eats into both the sales for Hyrule Warriors in 2021 and the potential sales for BoTW2.

It also makes messaging for BoTW2 more difficult. Many people (not in our Nintendo bubble!) will read the headlines "new Zelda game - huge event" and think "but didn't they just release one like 3 months ago?".

My guess would be that if we see anything Zelda in 2021 that's not BoTW2 then it means that BoTW2 isn't coming until late 2022.

It might even be though that Nintendo has some kind of Zelda collection as a kind of "backstop" in case they feel like they have to delay BoTW2 (at the very least WW HD and TP HD must have been ported internally to Switch and be ready to roll at a moments notice...).

The exception to this though is that I expect the 25th anniversary to be marked by a "Legend of Zelda Game & Watch" just like the Super Mario Bros. one. That seems like a no brainer and doesn't confuse messaging since it's exclusively aimed at hardcore fans.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

link3710

@StuTwo I'm not so sure on that logic. We got two major Mario releases in the span of 6 months. I don't think having remasters in March and BotW2 in November is out of the question.

link3710

Munchlax

I’m betting early-mid February. Reveal of Mario Party in May, 2d Metroid (by MercurySteam) Bayonetta and BOTW2 for the second half of the year.
Pokemon Direct on the anniversary, revealing Pokemon Snap for April, Detective Pikachu 2 for July, Gen 4 remakes for November.

Munchlax

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic