Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,481 to 6,500 of 6,637

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter which games?

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

jump

@DannyBoi to discus businessy things, like Karen from HRs new system of booking holidays and Darren from IT will be talking about the importance of changing your passwords.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Well...
I found some upcoming games from playasia and most of them are very unexpected titles.
Let's say My Universe games by Microids, Instant Chef Party, Santa X'Mas Adventure (Digital code for Switch but physical for PS4?? ), Fantasy Friends, Pang Adventure (physical Switch version from playasia), Tanuki Justice, Slide Stars, etc.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Northwind

@link3710, did the financials say that 2020 was affected in terms of new releases (not considering any individual DLC, etc., which we were never told were not affected and which could very well have been)? Or are people just drawing that conclusion?

Nintendo’s president has plainly stated that 2020’s release schedules were unaffected. Yes, he could be lying - but I have a lot of difficulty figuring out why he would. The statement, if true, means that Nintendo had always intended 2020 to be a really sparse year for releases. If that’s true, it’s not a particularly positive look; it’s certainly not something a company president should want to claim if it’s not true.

That, and also new games slated for release in 2020 would have been in development for several years prior to 2020 so by 2020 they’d have been almost completed (needing at most just a bit more work before being sent to publication); we observe this with Nintendo’s competitors and many, many third-party devs - even those located in Japan just like Nintendo - who for the most part use similar development cycles and who by and large haven’t seen a dramatic number of scheduled releases delayed. ETA: However, the nature of development cycles means that games slated for release in 2021 or maybe even 2022 could well be affected, since they’d have been right in the thick of their development at the time everything went to hecc.

This all makes me suspect that it’s true no major new 2020 releases have been pushed or cancelled solely on account of the pandemic. Some might’ve been pushed or cancelled on account of quality concerns or for any number of other ‘regular’ reasons - but the most plausible explanation to me does seem to be the one that Nintendo’s president gave.

(Also note again that none of this applies to individual DLC items such as FP7. Those often follow a very different and much, much shorter development cycle, so it’s extremely plausible those have been affected; I haven’t heard anyone claim they haven’t been, and in fact a few months ago Sakurai himself made it pretty clear they could be.)

Edited on by Northwind

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8422-8721-1910 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter it was a Mario direct. Directs mostly host first party stuff. If you found other games outside the direct, it’s more games for you to enjoy.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Grumblevolcano

@Northwind I think it makes sense about no changes to the overall fiscal year lineup. I'd imagine the original plan for retail releases would've been something like:

April - Pikmin 3
May - Xenoblade
June - Clubhouse Games
July - Paper Mario
August - Bravely Default II
September - 3D All Stars
October - Mario Kart Live Home Circuit
November - 3D World
December - ?
January - ?
February - Hyrule Warriors
March - More Zelda maybe?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@jump **** Darren and his ****ing passwords! I haven't changed my password in 29 years and nothing's leaked from my account!

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Northwind

gcunit wrote:

@jump **** Darren and his ****ing passwords! I haven't changed my password in 29 years and nothing's leaked from my account!

Who is Darren? Reading this, I feel like I've missed something important and am too ignorant to even realise what I've missed.

(Also, please change your passwords more often than once every 29 years, lmao. Sure, some people will get lucky and be safe for that long, but many will not be and honestly a good hacker who has your password can get information out of your account without you knowing it.)

link3710

@Northwind Yeah, the last financials did say that development for this year was 'affected'. Read into that what you will, they didn't clarify.

Though, I'm pretty sure at the least 3D World, Pikmin 3, and Pokemon DLC suffered from delays at this point, and I suspect whatever the original FY Q4 games were, at least some aren't in this FY anymore.

link3710

Northwind

link3710 wrote:

@Northwind Yeah, the last financials did say that development for this year was 'affected'. Read into that what you will, they didn't clarify.

I'm just guessing that meant that development work which was supposed to happen this year was affected - which is something we already know happened, and something Nintendo has been fairly open about having happened. But development work that was supposed to happen this year would have been for games slated to release next year or the year after.

To me, that seems the most logical conclusion, since it fits with both what Nintendo have said and with understood development timelines. Games that were scheduled for release this year should have been far enough along in their development cycles that the 'meat and potatoes' of the development should have been completed (or if not, then they probably would have had to be pushed anyway). Then again, who knows?

Kova

Yeaahhh..

Kova

-Green-

I'm gonna say it. I think this'll have some Monster Hunter stuff for Nintendo.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

status-204

Oh boy oh boy I sure hope it has a 2d pixel-art roguelike/metroidvania-alike.

Jokes aside, let's hope there's something interesting this time.

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

BruceCM

Bravely Default II, please! Star Ocean 2nd Evolution R shadow-drop, thanks .... I'll be so happy if either of those happens

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Anti-Matter

So, it will be tomorrow at 9 pm in Indonesia. (West Time)

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

OorWullie

I predict Doom Eternal will be shown tomorrow with a release date of late October/ early November and that Bethesda will announce another 1 or 2 games coming to Switch. Perhaps Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 or Rage 2.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

I predict the big things are Apex Legends being a shadow drop and the rumoured Monster Hunter game being announced. Meanwhile DOOM Eternal still being missing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

I wonder if this will be the last Partner Showcase of 2020?

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic